José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Ok, he's just denied the Liverpool link.

Translation:

Q:Are the rumors that put you in Liverpool next season true? Would you like to become a "red"?

A:Liverpool are a great club in England and Europe, but there's nothing at the moment. What's been said is false, I'm happy and calm at Newcastle.

hmmmm byer then

Last question is the only one about NUFC proper:

Q: How do you rate Newcastle's season?

A: I think it hasn't been a great season, but it's been a good one and we have reached the target of avoiding relegation, something very important for the club and the fans. We have had a short squad due to injuries and the loss of some players like Carroll. But I think we have accomplished our aims. I think that Newcastle have to spend big if we want to be in the top half next season.

Hopefully see some progress on his situation soon enough...whether its good or bad i'd like to know what his plans are (although am certain he's off anyway)

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2011/0/1/back-page-may-11-2011-310934656.jpg

I think considering the source/audience, the comments about wanting to stay in England are pretty positive. Just hope it's with us.

Virtually everyone recognises that if we want to go anywhere we can't do it with the current squad. We can only hope thicko Ashley recognises it too.

I have read comments from journalists where they have said that Liverpool are watching Jose but have reservations about him defensively.  So Jose is probably hedging his bets in that he is aware of their interest and would like the move but Liverpool may yet turn elsewhere.

Guest BooBoo

Can't understand that if true. Jose is a superb defender, it's just going forward where his limitations lie.

VI, could you ask him if he can give me a lift to work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings? I know he drives along Benton Lane anyway so I'm sure it wouldnt be any bother.

There are some answers already.. looks like it's happening now.. where can we submit a question?

Heh, top of the page says it's happening on the twelfth.

Ok so far, nothing very direct regarding his future, etc. He says that he doesn't want to leave the PL for Spain unless it's for a top team, though. He praises the PL a lot and says he wants to keep playing in England (which since he's talking to Spanish readers means something).

Also says that it's very hard to make the Spanish squad playing abroad unless you're in a big team, but he hopes to get his reward in time if he keeps doing things well.

And this is the problem we can't solve.

If he does go, I'm almost certain it will be down to this rather than an unhappiness regarding any wage issues, or our ambitions for next season.

There are some answers already.. looks like it's happening now.. where can we submit a question?

Ok so far, nothing very direct regarding his future, etc. He says that he doesn't want to leave the PL for Spain unless it's for a top team, though. He praises the PL a lot and says he wants to keep playing in England (which since he's talking to Spanish readers means something).

Also says that it's very hard to make the Spanish squad playing abroad unless you're in a big team, but he hopes to get his reward in time if he keeps doing things well.

If he does go, I'm almost certain it will be down to this rather than an unhappiness regarding any wage issues, or our ambitions for next season.

even though he keeps mentioning our need to bring in players?

He can't postpone his decision till the last weeks of August so that he can see who we've brought in. If he's going to go, we need time to get a replacement.

His concentration does tend to wander in defence, (eg when he tried to head the ball away from behind the goal line against Blackpool) I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Liverpool are hesitant, as suggested.

Guest BooBoo

Indeed, we really need the situation sorting out asap. The last thing we want is a will-he-wont-he situation dragging out all summer.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I reckon his pimary concern is that he's is getting to the age now that if he doesn't start pushing for an International cap now, he never will, and if there were stronger indications that he could get into the Spaninsh side without being in a Champions League team or heading back to Spain, then there would be much less hesitation signing a new contract (regardless of the players we might bring in).

I think what I'm trying to say is that I reckon his pimary concern is that he's is getting to the age now that if he doesn't start pushing for an International cap now, he never will, and if there were stronger indications that he could get into the Spaninsh side without being in a Champions League team or heading back to Spain, then there would be much less hesitation signing a new contract (regardless of the players we might bring in).

I think he's kidding himself if he thinks playing for us puts him a bit off the radar in terms of playing for Spain. The problem is he's not quite good enough.

I think he's kidding himself if he thinks playing for us puts him a bit off the radar in terms of playing for Spain. The problem is he's not quite good enough.

What? Of course he's got a better chance of making the Spanish side if he's playing in their league. I'd honestly reckon it's the only reason why he hasn't got a cap. He'd be under the Spanish media spotlight every single week for one thing. His chances would quadruple.

The best thing that could have happened for us this season, with regards to Jose, was him getting a cap for Spain.

I'm glad the club are pushing Enrique for a decision. If he's going to go we might as well have definitive answer so we can push on and get a replacement. If he does drag his feet then maybe we should just buy a replacement and sell him.

I'm glad the club are pushing Enrique for a decision. If he's going to go we might as well have definitive answer so we can push on and get a replacement. If he does drag his feet then maybe we should just buy a replacement and sell him.

Could be risky, he may want to see what transfers we make first, we cannot afford to push him to hard.

Could be risky, he may want to see what transfers we make first, we cannot afford to push him to hard.

Eh?! Why cant we? The club is more important than one player. We cant wait until a couple of weeks till the window closes before he decides he wants to go.

Please be true  :hmm: Apologies if already been posted

Liverpool’s pursuit of a new left back is well documented, the likes of Newcastle United’s Jose Enrique and Everton full back Leighton Baines are often linked with a move to Anfield, but now it seems that Arsenal contract rebel Gael Clichy may be the most likely signing.

Sources have stated that Kenny Dalglish is keen on snapping up Clichy after it became clear that the Arsenal man would not be handed the huge pay hike he was looking to receive. Reports suggest that the full back wanted a large increase on his reported £50k a week salary and that Arsene Wenger is not willing to budge on the matter.

Indeed the Emirates Stadium boss dropped the French international from Sunday’s match at Stoke City, further fuelling rumours that the North London club would seek to cash in on a player who has just one year left to run on his current contract.

Reports suggest that Arsenal will be looking to sell the former Cannes man for a fee in the region of £7m rather than losing a player who arrived at the club in 2003, for nothing in the summer of 2012.

The Merseyside club will hope that director of football Damien Comolli will be able to convince the 25 year old that Liverpool are a side on the up and capable of challenging for major honours and qualification for the Champions League.

Comolli is highly connected with all levels of French football and was credited with the discovery of Clichy when he was a European scout for Arsenal some years ago. The Liverpool director of football apparently still enjoys a close relationship with Arsene Wenger and also helped to bring the likes of Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue to the club and that link may help Kenny Dalglish to secure the talented attack minded defender.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/05/09/liverpool-to-use-comolli-connection-to-help-seal-7m-arsenal-star-signing/

Eh?! Why cant we? The club is more important than one player. We cant wait until a couple of weeks till the window closes before he decides he wants to go.

Oh I agree to a point.. we cannot piss about but we also do not want to force him into making a decision now. This is a long transfer window unlike the January one month limit, time is on our side.