José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Immediately after the Carroll sale, I seem to recall posters regarded as pessimists for thinking our replacement striker would cost £10-15m maximum. :lol:

And on the lighter side, an RTG poster thinks Enrique should go to the mackems instead :laugh:

I'm sure a week or two back some were criticising Enrique for staying quiet.

I was thinking more along the lines of him signing the contract, or handing in a transfer request, you know, the way things should be done. He's stooped to Ashley's levels and people are buying it purely down to their hatred of the board.

Where has this reverence of the sanctity of professionalism in football come from?

Any, more pertinently, why can Ashley lie and cheat, but Enrique has to suffer in silence before releasing a few discrete words in his memoirs aged 40.

If he can change his situation now by going public, why wouldn't he?

The whole, "I'll wait until we're safe" thing, even after the "no capital outlay, bring players through the ranks to sell, etc" not ring any bells? He knew when he made that remark what Ashley was like, yet still played us for fools himself.

Quote from Jose Enrique himself please..?

Guest bimpy474

Is Jose not liar by the way, i'll talk about a new contract when we are safe didn't he say, refused to even take phone calls on it, if we believe Pardew......oops.

So he has thrown his toys out of the pram because we lost a pre-season friendly? That would be even more pathetic. Unless I have missed something we have only sold Nolan since January and have managed to beat better sides than that and get the odd drawer against some of the best sides around.

If that is the reason he has done this then just seems like any old excuse.

We beat Wigan, West Ham, Birmigham and Wolves after selling Carroll.

We sold Carroll and were told we'd spend the money on players, we haven't.  The way we played last night could be replicated at any time this coming season if we're having to rely on the team we put out last night. 

We've has a windfall which could have been used to take the club forwards and we haven't used it, something which was academic while we weren't able to buy or sell. 

So far we've sold a player who was key to the dressing room, and he seemed pissed off when he left.  We also have a player seeing out his contract who was also one of the better players last season and he's clearly pissed off at the club.

Chronic lack of investment and ambition by the board mean we'll continue to lose/alienate our best players.

Better get used to it folks. Buy low, sell high....Stumble on from season to season trying to do it on the cheap with smoke and mirrors and fingers crossed behind the back.

He shouldn't have said it publically but he's right. We're run by small-time c***s.

:thup:

Immediately after the Carroll sale, I seem to recall posters regarded as pessimists for thinking our replacement striker would cost £10-15m maximum. :lol:

And on the lighter side, an RTG poster thinks Enrique should go to the mackems instead :laugh:

I can't believe how unbelievably deluded those lot are. :lol: fuck off you twats. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

No statement apparently. To be dealt with internally.

Gonna shove something up his arse?  :kasper:

Cant twitter if your iphone is rammed in your marmite motorway.....:D

Well said, Jose. It's astonishing to see people still supporting Mike Ashley.

I love how criticising a player = supporting Ashley in your eyes.

I condone his behaviour in the last x months, but he was saying the truth, the frustrating truth.

With this "revelation" and, if results don't go our way in the coming season, Ashley will feel the heat more and more.

The more pressure on Ashley and co, the better, imo. I still want them  out badly, staying up last season was no reason to lighten the pressure on them, imo.

Since the Champions League money became so big, Chelsea money, etc. we've tried the Shepherd "blow big money at players" approach, and it lead to lower mid-table mediocrity and a brush with relegation in 2007, we've now tried another approach and it's lead to pretty much the same but in 09 we weren't so lucky. Perhaps if we hadn't gone all out on approach 1, approach 2 wouldn't have been necessary. Least now we're stable, still capable of finishing top 8, and can attract the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye & Tiote.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I can't believe how unbelievably deluded those lot are. :lol: fuck off you twats. :lol:

"tiote and enrique might add to our squad depth yknow"

So he has thrown his toys out of the pram because we lost a pre-season friendly? That would be even more pathetic. Unless I have missed something we have only sold Nolan since January and have managed to beat better sides than that and get the odd drawer against some of the best sides around.

If that is the reason he has done this then just seems like any old excuse.

We beat Wigan, West Ham, Birmigham and Wolves after selling Carroll.

We sold Carroll and were told we'd spend the money on players, we haven't.  The way we played last night could be replicated at any time this coming season if we're having to rely on the team we put out last night. 

We've has a windfall which could have been used to take the club forwards and we haven't used it, something which was academic while we weren't able to buy or sell. 

So far we've sold a player who was key to the dressing room, and he seemed pissed off when he left.  We also have a player seeing out his contract who was also one of the better players last season and he's clearly pissed off at the club.

It's a pre-season friendly, it's no way a reflection of how we will play during the season. In the same way we didn't get beaten 8-0 every game in the championship because we lost 6-1 to Leyton Orient.

Well said, Jose. It's astonishing to see people still supporting Mike Ashley.

I love how criticising a player = supporting Ashley in your eyes.

I condone his behaviour in the last x months, but he was saying the truth, the frustrating truth.

With this "revelation" and, if results don't go our way in the coming season, Ashley will feel the heat more and more.

The more pressure on Ashley and co, the better, imo. I still want them  out badly, staying up last season was no reason to lighten the pressure on them, imo.

Since the Champions League money became so big, Chelsea money, etc. we've tried the Shepherd "blow big money at players" approach, and it lead to lower mid-table mediocrity and a brush with relegation in 2007, we've now tried another approach and it's lead to pretty much the same but in 09 we weren't so lucky. Perhaps if we hadn't gone all out on approach 1, approach 2 wouldn't have been necessary. Least now we're stable, still capable of finishing top 8, and can attract the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye & Tiote.

It's the replacing them WHEN they are sold that I worry about.

It's all well and good spotting one Tiote but how do you replace them? And how do you ensure you don't get a flop?

By the time MA's loans are paid down we'll have a team of freebies/clause breakers and fuck all to show for it.

If only Jose had done that eh.

He's away anyway, what does it matter what he says?

The suggestion that it'll have any effect on any players coming in is ridiculous. They probably won't even read about it.

I would imagine they have done previously. I don't buy this 'he's not talking to us' line, otherwise how would he know what we were offering?

I would imagine they have done previously. I don't buy this 'he's not talking to us' line, otherwise how would he know what we were offering?

We've known for a while he's been offered a contract so I'm sure he'll have done too. It's just taken 3 months since survival for something to finally happen, only I was expecting it to be by means of a new contract signed or more likely a transfer request, not this bollocks.

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Jose blast has come, I believe, as a reaction to the goings on out here.Camp not the happiest place.Pardew knows he will leave #nufc

Something has happened like , worrying :(

Fucking hope that's not true, given the absences, injuries and so on I was hoping we'd at least get some team bonding out of it.