José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though? I also don't see any reason why we can't challenge top 7 even with two lesser players.

Not a chance in hell of us challenging the top 7 this season.

I don't see many squads outside the top 6 with a core of players like Enrique, Coloccini, Cabaye, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa & Jonas tbf.

But you made up that 2nd part.

You mean just like you twisted the scaniaro about enrique earlier?

We lost Carroll, Nolan, most likely enrique and, soon, Tiote if he continues to improve. Not to forget Barton. Which part is made-up?

As I've said, name one non-top 6 club who'd have rejected those offers, offered Barton a long-term contract, and would be able to keep a player like Enrique when he only has a year to go?

How about if you look at the bigger picture, then. Why are we in the position that we are in now? Does it mean we should accept it?

I cant imagine the heat wave will have done much for the squad's morale either. Being asked to train and play in red hot and humid conditions would get on anyones tits. It's hard enough walking round DisneyLand in the Floridian sun, let alone play football.

Whatever spin Pardew puts on it, the trip was a bad idea. Playing and training in Orlando in the summer ffs.

We're getting our international players conditioned for the 2022 world cup.

Sounds like the shit hasn't just hit the fan, it's smashed it to pieces.

If it's being compared to the Orient fall-out then we need to sort it out and do it sharpish. 

We lost Carroll, Nolan, most likely enrique and, soon, Tiote if he continues to improve. Not to forget Barton. Which part is made-up?

As I've said, name one non-top 6 club who'd have rejected those offers, offered Barton a long-term contract, and would be able to keep a player like Enrique when he only has a year to go?

How about if you look at the bigger picture, then. Why are we in the position that we are in now? Does it mean we should accept it?

Don't get what you mean, sorry.

why aren't we in a position to keep enrique?

why aren't we in a position to keep enrique?

Because we're not a top 6 club, and won't be for the foreseeable future even if we spent the £35m imo, given Liverpool have spent £45m themselves.

How anyone can say that he's right to do this in public is beyond me like. All it does is serve to give the press stories of unrest. Much better to deal with these things in private, whether his allegations are true or not.

By the way, in response to that Steve Brenner quote, Coloccini said yesterday that the atmosphere and team spirit was very good in the camp. Certainly looks good from the training pics as well.

What's the Captain gonna say?

'We're a f***ing selling club, everyone here knows he's only a window away from being f***ed off to another club if the owners are happy with the bid, so morale is a bit s***'?

And people claim Pardew should come out and tell the 'truth'.  Oh the irony.

More than 2-3. Ben Arfa, Ferguson, Guthrie, Barton, Williamson, Cabaye, Ranger anyone else? Plus we do seem to be attempting to get in at least one more striker.

Ben Arfa, Barton and possibly Cabaye.  Ferguson wouldn't have done any better than Enrique or Jonas, Williamson wouldn't have done any better than Taylor and I don't think Guthrie would have made an impact.  Ranger wouldn't have got a game.

The difference is that most clubs would have re-invested the money back into the first team, like we were initially promised.

Guthrie would have done more than Smith and Ranger is better than Loven. Ferguson being fit would mean we wouldn't have had to risk Jose.

Basically I think we are missing 3 maybe 4 first team players and 3 maybe 4 squad players which is quite a lot. Just my opinion though.

The difference is that most clubs would have re-invested the money back into the first team, like we were initially promised.

Like Everton when they sold Rooney? (spent under £2m on Marcus Bent & Tim Cahill that summer)

They went on to have their best season in 20 years.