José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The animosity towards him is pathetic.

God forbid a player should have ambition. If I was a professional footballer with no ties to the area, the chances of me hanging around a shambolic organisation like NUFC would be nil.

With some real investment and will to succeed, we would have kept him. But we're not interested in that.

Nailed it.

If we spent £35m on a few top class players early on in the window, would Jose currently be at Melwood?

That was always my fear with the Carroll sale...not that they'd be prepared to spend the money (they clearly aren't) but that they'd be able to spend the money. I never believed for a minute we'd be able to attract the right calibre of player to our club, particularly in the striker position, with no Europe (or the wages to compensate for that) to offer them. As has been seen with Gervinho, Gameiro, Erdinc et al, the right quality of player doesn't see us as attractive enough. God only knows how we bribed a decent operator like Cabaye to give up CL football to join this circus.

God forbid a player should have ambition. If I was a professional footballer with no ties to the area, the chances of me hanging around a shambolic organisation like NUFC would be nil.

With some real investment and will to succeed, we would have kept him. But we're not interested in that.

Good post.

F*** off you ugly vain c***

Really upset with this.

Kept putting his contract talks back and back so he could leave. Should have just said ffs

And why do you think he did that?

He clearly loved it there and would've stayed if there was some proof of investment. Kept waiting and waiting but nothing happened...

Good post.

Jose apologists.

I bare absolutely no ill feeling towards Enrique at all. He just got tired of waiting for Ashley to invest properly in the squad, like we all have. He's approaching the prime of his career and he needed assurance that he would be playing at a high level, which he couldn't get here. Best of luck, Jose. Thanks for everything.

http://www.kickette.com/files/2010/04/Jose-Enrique-Toso.jpg

:smitten:

Not arguing against his reasons for going but it's immaterial now. He's wearing Liverpool colours now so he can fuck off.

Guest Roger Kint

I bare absolutely no ill feeling towards Enrique at all. He just got tired of waiting for Ashley to invest properly in the squad, like we all have.

Love it how some people actually think thats the only reason he is going. Same all this clearly loves the place stuff, he is a footballer he is entitled to do what he wants and imo(and no doubt his) he had no chance of making the Spain squad while here much like when Robert got ignored a lot here.

I bare absolutely no ill feeling towards Enrique at all. He just got tired of waiting for Ashley to invest properly in the squad, like we all have. He's approaching the prime of his career and he needed assurance that he would be playing at a high level, which he couldn't get here. Best of luck, Jose. Thanks for everything.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2274/cabaye.png

:smitten:

How much sexier? :fwap:

I bare absolutely no ill feeling towards Enrique at all. He just got tired of waiting for Ashley to invest properly in the squad, like we all have.

Love it how some people actually think thats the only reason he is going. Same all this clearly loves the place stuff, he is a footballer he is entitled to do what he wants and imo(and no doubt his) he had no chance of making the Spain squad while here much like when Robert got ignored a lot here.

... yeah I went on to say he wants to play at a higher level which he isn't going to get here.

The addtional £20k or £30k a week might have got his attention as well.

Guest Heneage

I don't think there is animosity. I think it's being created in the same way 'Ashley apologisits' are.

From a fan perspective whether you're happy or sad, in the beginning he did lead us up the garden path a little. His wanting to wait till we were safe, then how much we would spend, he kept changing the goalposts knowing full well he wouldn't sign the contract. I have no animosity towards him, I think he's selling himself a bit short joining Liverpool, but then they were the only team happy to come in for him so what can you do.

My only other gripe is that I'd say to a degree he made our position weaker in terms of negotiating. If you look at N'zogbia he didn't say anything till he'd signed for Villa, we had a player who was overtly stating his desire to get away, thus why we've settled on 6m.

I know you said next year it will be Coloccini and Jonas who are the 'greedy cunts' but again I don't think anyone has called him greedy. Money never played a part in this, we could have doubled his wages I still don't think he'd stay. He wants CL football so he's gone with them expecting it, I bet if in two years time he's still spending his Thursdays playing in Talnin, and Prague he will be wanting away again.

It seems ridiculous that we continued to play him so much in pre-season and then sell him 2 days before the first match. Why play him last weekend?  Most of the other options have had little match practice in comparison.

The addtional £20k or £30k a week might have got his attention as well.

Wahey :lol:

When this goes through, we are net £4.2million? Who would have thought that when we sold Carroll :rolleyes:

I've said it before, the bank balance needs its own song. Fucking legend in the making

I must have missed all these times he's come out and said how much he wanted to be away and wanted Champions League football.

Me too as it happens, strange that