José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest ChickenKiev

I don't understand why people get so offended  when others place different views. I'm not insulting anyone you know? I don't have to have the same opinion as a lot of other Newcastle fans. It's just what I think of Enrique. Don't all take it personally for god's sake.

I don't understand why people get so offended  when others place different views. I'm not insulting anyone you know? I don't have to have the same opinion as a lot of other Newcastle fans. It's just what I think of Enrique. Don't all take it personally for god's sake.

:facepalm:

NUFC going to release a statement today saying Enrique won't be sold!

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Its a joke right?

The only statment who are going to be worth anything is if he has signed a new contract.

Actions speaks loader than words.

Everytime i read i club statment, the opposite happens... :lol:

Can you name a better Newcastle left-back? Ever?

Babayaro?

Guest Roger Kint

Babayaro?

I am torn between Wayne Quinn and Carl Serrant tbh

If he wants Champions league football maybe he should start playing better because at the level he is playing now I'd say he's a good championship player. Players should strive to get their own club forward instead of getting to the top by leap-frogging to another team. Players these days..tut

I think this quote comes close to knocking Shaun off his pedestal as having made the worst post...

Almost..'good Championship player..'?? Enrique is, without doubt, in the top 3 in the PL Lbs, and I wouldn't swap him for either Bale or Evra to play in NUFCs side.

In my time following the club, probably only either Alan kennedy(great attacking LB)or Frank Clark for his clever defending ...Enrique is the best we have had in that position since Beresford, and he's a better defender than Bez.

the only way to make him stay is to do well for the rest of the season + the board has to promise him they are willing to spend 35 mill + in the next window!

Really hope this can make him stay...he needs to give us another chance....just for one season so we can prove us as good as Spurs and Liverpool!

But he doesn´t really believe in the ashley regime, which is a problem!

Could we keep:

Harper, krul, simpson, Saylor, colo, williamson, enrique, tiote, barton, nolan, joans, arfa, (ireland, guthrie, gosling, ranger as backup)

and bring in 2-3-4 for the staring lineup + good backups for all positions....then im sure we easily can challenge for (4),5,6 spot in the PL.

We need 2 quality strikers....very important!

Jose Enrique has been nothing short of a revelation in the left-back slot for the last two years for Newcastle United but if he doesn't like life as a Toon hero then he hasn't got much of a choice but to head for the airport.

No player has ever been bigger than the club at Newcastle United so why should it be any different for the Spaniard?

I can understand exactly why he's unhappy.

Newcastle did not invest enough in the January transfer window, they haven't got too many quality back-up players and the void left by Andy Carroll will seem bigger in any game that United don't find the net or finish off a game.

But by the same token, the balance has to be exactly right when it comes to the type of players that come in.

The January transfer window is hyped out of all control and watching Jim White getting whipped into a frenzy on Sky Sports News over James Beattie heading to Blackpool or suchlike, is a problem in the game.

Newcastle may well have needed a couple of new faces at the club in January, especially after Carroll's shock departure but if holding back meant that we avoided signing players like the days of old such as Babayaro, Boumsong and Amdy Faye, then I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

From what I can gather money will be re-invested into the squad in the summer and we will be seeing new faces, but without the aid of a crystal ball, nobody could honestly tell you how much.

One thing is for sure, Enrique whining about going to Liverpool, AC Milan, Man United or anywhere else will do nothing but cheese off the majority of fans.

And what use to Newcastle United is an unhappy player who has only really performed at his potential in just over 20 Premier League games?

We waited a long, long time to see the best of Enrique at Newcastle and he didn't come here cheap at £6million.

It took him a long time to settle at Newcastle and it was only the drop down a division that helped turnaround the player's career.

He was excellent last season and in my opinion one of the best players in our title winning team.

He's continued that this season in the Premier League and the world have suddenly realised we've got a left-back on our hands.

And while Enrique has got a point that Newcastle need a few new players, moping around and crying about life isn't going to help the Magpies make this season a memorable one.

If anything, Enrique owes the fans of Newcastle for sticking by him not insulting them with talk of joining a rival club.

With 11 games left and handily placed in ninth, we've got a great chance to push on in the final straight.

The division is crazy enough without making rash predictions.

But with 33 points to play for, we need everybody going for it to secure survival and then hopefully push on for a respectable Premier League finish.

If, and it's that special word again, IF, Newcastle did end up scraping into the Europa League this season then it might just bring Enrique to his senses a bit and hopefully he can realise after Newcastle United there aren't too many better clubs to make yourself a hero.

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2011/02/enrique-indebted-to-the-toon-a.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter