José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I just think he is weighing up his options. I can understand why he'd want to leave, if I was him I would too.

It would be like me playing for Hercules in Spain and teams like Valencia and Villareal c Ioming in for me. I'd sack Trezeguet and co off asap and get conkers deep in Mata.

I just think he is weighing up his options. I can understand why he'd want to leave, if I was him I would too.

It would be like me playing for Hercules in Spain and teams like Valencia and Villareal c Ioming in for me. I'd sack Trezeguet and co off asap and get conkers deep in Mata.

We aren't like Hercules, man!

It's depressing that if he does go you can bet your bottom dollar the club will portray him as a greedy t***. Even more depressing is the number of fans that will evidently accept that without question.

Again.

Can't remember many accepting the Carroll transfer (assume that's what you're referring to) 'without question'.

I can't speak for others, but I looked at the whole situation and came to an opinion based on what was presented to me. I didn't fully blame Carroll, just like I didn't fully blame the club. As opposed to just rejecting the club's stance without question, which alot seemed to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if Enrique has told the club he wants to leave and they've asked him to keep it quiet until the summer, we will find out more when we pick up another 3 points which Jose has said will be enough to keep us up and how quick contract negotiations open afterwards but my gut feeling is he's already gone in his head and the club are preparing to replace him.

I do feel let down by him but there isn't much loyalty in football I guess, it's only this season where his reputation has grown as a top flight player so it's a kick in the bollocks that he will push to jump ship the first chance he gets, still we had this feeling with Beye and Bassong when both left and neither get mention much any more as they haven't been that great since leaving.

It will be interesting to see how ambitious Liverpool really are as the comments about how they didn't care how much they paid for Carroll as long as they made £15 million on Torres suggests they were out to break even that window rather than spending massive amounts, they've also been the most vocal about the new financial fair play system so I don't see them putting much in, at the same time you have to accept that even if they have had a poor season by their standards (likely) coming 6th they are still one of the biggest clubs in World football and any player with no strong connections would be daft to turn them down, step forward Dietmar Hamann.

Ah well, all of this is conjecture. For all we know Jose has been banging on his agent's door to get ready for contract negotiations as soon as we're mathematically safe and we've been getting depressed for nothing.

Lets take positives. If he does leave we have a good few months to find a replacement. I have faith in our scouting system.

I also have faith in out scouting system, after all, they did find Ireland.

It's depressing that if he does go you can bet your bottom dollar the club will portray him as a greedy twat. Even more depressing is the number of fans that will evidently accept that without question.

Again.

So true.

It's depressing that if he does go you can bet your bottom dollar the club will portray him as a greedy twat. Even more depressing is the number of fans that will evidently accept that without question.

Again.

Well if he puts in a transfer request because we won't double his wages after he's already signed a new 5 year contract then yeah people will view him as a greedy twat..

Yeah he's better but not by a huge amount. Simpson is quicker and doesnt dwell on the ball and try and beat his man sometime putting us under pressure. If we offer Jose 80k a week he will be one of our top earners, when we come to sign a new number 9 they will atelast want parity with a left back, probably more. If I was the main striker at a club I'd be well fucked off if a left back earned more than me.

Sorry, but that is absolute bullshit.

Again.

Only if he puts in a transfer request because we won't double his wages after he's already signed a new 5 year contract..

Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

Again.

Only if he puts in a transfer request because we won't double his wages after he's already signed a new 5 year contract..

Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

You're delusional David :)

I'm resigned to losing him, but it shouldn't be to Liverpool. He's better than that, and we shouldn't be selling to direct rivals. If we have any ambition to play in Europe, we shouldn't be helping our opponents to become stronger. Sell him abroad, even if it is for a million or two less.

Just when we have a core group of talented players to build a squad around and a good team spirit, we look to cash in and build a team with cheaper players.

I can see some logic in the Carroll deal but the selling of key players absolutely has to stop there, we got enough money off that deal without the need to sell more. We've got the core of a good squad and money to spend, we should be looking forward and not dismantling the team further. We are where we are in the table because we have four or five good players who aren't injury prone - take them out and look at the rest of the squad, it's kids, has-beens and never-has-beens. Relegation fodder in other words.

If we lose Enrique on the back of the Carroll deal, it'll cause other ambitious and talented players to look for the exit door. Players like Barton, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Coloccini.

Enrique is the best left back we've had in a long, long time. There may be better left backs going forward, but defensively there are almost none better in this league, and certainly none we can attract. I don't see how any fan would be up for losing a player of his quality. His contract situation is forcing our hand but the club have to do everything possible to keep players like him because they are the reason we are 9th and not 19th.

Simpson quicker than Enrique!  Even though Jose is clearly the quickest player in the squad?  Didn't he used to be a 100m sprinter back in Spain as well? 

Simpson is a poor player, he backs off too much, panics on the ball and struggles badly with his positional play.  He's a very average footballer.