José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Did he really look that disinterested yesterday? I didn't really notice anything.

I think the body language thing is overhyped. But the fact that he hasn't said anything remotely convincing about staying at the club speaks volumes. I thought people were exaggerating earlier on but if he isn't willing to commit at this stage (miles safe), be it in conversation with the supporters or with a pen and the board, i think we can guess he's pretty much out the door. Desperately disappointing.

I agree that the media silence from both him AND the club says a lot more than his body language.

Have ANY of our players looked like they care in the last few months?

Hell f***ing fire. Honestly don't know how people can come up with statements like this at times.

Yes, of course they bloody have. We wouldn't still be in the division. Cast your mind back to 08/09, and see the effects of a dressing room that genuinely couldn't give two shits. 'Better' players, too.

Today we finished the game with Kuqi and Ranger upfront. And we're still comfortably ahead of the relegation pack.

Yes, the players care.

It's the kind of infuriatingly hyperbolic nonesense that some people can't resist after a defeat sadly

Have ANY of our players looked like they care in the last few months?

Hell f***ing fire. Honestly don't know how people can come up with statements like this at times.

Yes, of course they bloody have. We wouldn't still be in the division. Cast your mind back to 08/09, and see the effects of a dressing room that genuinely couldn't give two shits. 'Better' players, too.

Today we finished the game with Kuqi and Ranger upfront. And we're still comfortably ahead of the relegation pack.

Yes, the players care.

It's the kind of infuriatingly hyperbolic nonesense that some people can't resist after a defeat sadly

Blasphemy! How dare you imply that we don't have the worst, most unmotivated players in the league that we'll all sell anyway?

His form has dipped noticeably in the last couple of months like. I also think he'll be sold to the highest bidder this summer.

Wonder if he hands in a transfer request?

I agree that the media silence from both him AND the club says a lot more than his body language.

I agree.

His 'wait until the Summer', seems to have been just a way to maybe not annoy the fans by saying he is leaving in the Summer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is not infallible. He us not without mistake

His defensive qualities and distribution will come under far more scrutiny.

He is revered in these parts because of what we have had to put up with with babayaro ramage nzogbia at left back, and the fact that he has been a notable improvement.

How many assists has he actually got? I would say less than ekkotto baines etc

If we get a good fee and an adequate replacement I won't be dissappointed

He is revered in these parts because of what we have had to put up with with babayaro ramage nzogbia at left back, and the fact that he has been a notable improvement.

Same here.  His pace and strength are real virtues defensively.  However, his decision making and distribution are suspect at times. He may look better in a team with more movement around him though.  Guess we'll find out next year.

One of the negatives of Enrique going, which i think is a big disappointment, is his link up play and understanding with Jonas.

They have a very good understanding, they know eachothers' game, and they often link up very well on the left.

It will obviously take time for a replacement left back to get that understanding with Jonas.

One of the negatives of Enrique going, which i think is a big disappointment, is his link up play and understanding with Jonas.

They have a very good understanding, they know eachothers' game, and they often link up very well on the left.

It will obviously take time for a replacement left back to get that understanding with Jonas.

Evan that isn't as good as it was.  They aren't linking up as intuitively as they did at the start of the season

they used to link up brilliantly before jose completely lost the plot and made skinning 5 men and doing 360's every time he gets the ball a priority

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Recently whenever he takes the ball forward you just know he's going to do something clumsy and lose it. Been nowhere near as good as he should bar Man United tbh.

Maybe I'm not observant enough but I'm struggling to understand the recent avalanche of criticism Enrique's getting. He's been below par, yes, but no worse than most of our other players.

But, if he is fed up, can anyone blame him? I cant (personally I'm not in the anti-Pards brigade, but I don't think its a coincidence that the squad is now unsettled and players like Jose who, under Hughton, had no desire whatsoever to leave the club, but now could have their eyes on the exit door).

Be interesting to see what he says on that s*** BBC programme tonight. No doubt whatever it is will be used to bash him fiercely with.

Yep. "omg he blinked twice, itched his nose and stuttered he wants to leave jooseee out!!  :frantic: "

You can pick holes if that makes you happy but there WILL be top clubs in for him this summer. Why? because he's a top player. End of.

You can criticize his play going forward until the cows come home (it's pretty good tbh) but up against a tricky winger, there's not a full back in the league I would choose ahead of him. Defending is 90% of a full back's job and finding a good defensive one is fucking hard.

Guest sicko2ndbest

You can pick holes if that makes you happy but there WILL be top clubs in for him this summer. Why? because he's a top player. End of.

Agree

But it's a different proposition doing it in a pressurised top team environment

Ask bassong/keane/berbatov/Milner etc the list is endless

In twitter terms #unabletomakethestepup

Might have been mentioned but there's an interview with him on Late Kick Off tonight.

Saw a snippet where he's saying like "I just want to play football, I am happy in Newcastle, but would be happy too elsewhere" - whether he means he wants out though could be interpreted differently because of the language difference, i.e. he may not be fully aware how people would interpret it.

Agree

??? He's been one the best strikers in the league this season. Quality player.

Agree

What on earth is Berbatov doing in that stupid list?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agree

What on earth is Berbatov doing in that stupid list?

Why so stupid?

Ask man u fans whether berbatov has lived up to price tag

The rest speak for themselves oh knowledgable one