José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Some interesting twists in this saga recently. Liverpool are hesitant, he's determined to stay in England, speaks passionately about Newcastle, he wants to see who we buy but we're pushing for an answer before he can do.

Not sure how this is going to go now. If in doubt, stay pessimistic  :thup:

From what he is saying sounds like he is like us, waiting to see what these nutjobs in charge do during the summer. He wants to see progress.  The big problem is that there will be concrete offers for him before we know for sure how the summer is going to play out.

If he wants to go, let him.

Players move all of the time in football, it's the normal thing.

I'd love it if he stayed, but if he doesn't want to it's pointless keeping him here.

I'd agree normally, but he's delaying because he's in the same boat as us fans. We all want to see some ambition and players of a good quality come in so we can push on and fight for European football hopefully.

All rests on what mike and pardew have planned

I'd love it if he stayed, but if he doesn't want to it's pointless keeping him here.

I'd agree normally, but he's delaying because he's in the same boat as us fans. We all want to see some ambition and players of a good quality come in so we can push on and fight for European football hopefully.

:thup:

This is where some early summer signings are needed. Reports said lately that we were deep in negotiations with some players so maybe in the few weeks after the season ends we can announce something (Callejon, Taiwo, Mexes, Albin, Sahin, Toprak etc have already been announced).

From what he is saying sounds like he is like us, waiting to see what these nutjobs in charge do during the summer. He wants to see progress.  The big problem is that there will be concrete offers for him before we know for sure how the summer is going to play out.

Where is the notion that he is waiting to see who we sign before he does coming from?

The only thing we know for certain is that discussions on a new contract were put on hold until the end of the season, not the start of next season which would be the case in your scenario.

Taiwo has been confirmed to be signing for AC Milan

So is Mexes. Also, Callejon and Sahin are off to Real Madrid, Toprak is off to Leverkusen and Albin is going to Espanyol.

Lets nail a couple of players down ASAP.

Guest Roger Kint

Taiwo has been confirmed to be signing for AC Milan

Very fitting avatar above this post......

I'm glad the club are pushing Enrique for a decision. If he's going to go we might as well have definitive answer so we can push on and get a replacement. If he does drag his feet then maybe we should just buy a replacement and sell him.

Could be risky, he may want to see what transfers we make first, we cannot afford to push him to hard.

Eh?! Why cant we? The club is more important than one player. We cant wait until a couple of weeks till the window closes before he decides he wants to go.

Oh I agree to a point.. we cannot piss about but we also do not want to force him into making a decision now. This is a long transfer window unlike the January one month limit, time is on our side.

Transfers in or out usually drag on well into the summer and often depend on other players moving on before a move can be made. If we are left waiting on a player to make his mind up we'll more than likely be left high and dry when the season starts. We don't want another Owen saga where the little cunt was delaying us while drafting his come and get me brochures to other clubs. 

Guest BooBoo

Under Fat Ash, we hardly ever make early window buys. Last summer's Perch swoop was the earliest I could remember. I'll anticpate it'll be mid July at the earliest before we see any incoming deals.

There's always the rumour that Ash doesnt like paying players through the summer as they're not earning their corn by simply training and playing friendlies. #tosh

It rests at least as much, if not more, on what Jose has planned, and what other clubs are interested. If the likes of Liverpool or AC Milan really do come in for him, then he'll leave.

@Fabricio Coloccini and Jose Enrique take part in a charity bingo night at Cramlington Village Social Club@

wow classy joint, bet that really encourages to hang about in the NE.  I wanna see em work thier way round the clubsin ashington... that will really inspire them !

The problem is we can't really afford to let Jose mull over his contract until the end of the transfer window. We need time to replace him is he does go.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of early signings to put his mind at rest and show intent, but if we don't he will have to make a decision just based on what Pardew tells him. In which case I would think he would leave... and we would need to let him so that we had time to buy someone else.

The bottom line is we can't afford to have our plans for next season hanging on whether Enrique gets a better offer or not. He's a top class left back, but not much use to us if he'd rather be somewhere else.

George Caulkin

@mathautomatic it's possible, aye, although I think they're keen to keep Colo. Enrique more or less gone already, unfortunately

The bloke is okay but that's pure speculation

George Caulkin

@mathautomatic it's possible, aye, although I think they're keen to keep Colo. Enrique more or less gone already, unfortunately

The bloke is okay but that's pure speculation

He is around the club on a regular basis and so will know a great deal more than we do.  Sceptical mood for me today...

Think everyone has accepted we"ve lost Jose now, peoplle say he's been loyal etc but remember he only stayed because no one wanted him, not because he chose too. But fair enough he's been fantastic since and good luck to him, just a shame he'll probably end up at Liverpool.

According to the Ronny Gill we want to know what he's doing before the players disappear on their summer hols.

Are they just asking him? Stick a fucking contract infront of his face man ffs.

Think everyone has accepted we"ve lost Jose now, peoplle say he's been loyal etc but remember he only stayed because no one wanted him, not because he chose too. But fair enough he's been fantastic since and good luck to him, just a shame he'll probably end up at Liverpool.

I wonder if he would have been away after relegation if some team had shown interest for him. I think he would.

Guest palnese

I wonder if he would have been away after relegation if some team had shown interest for him. I think he would.

Of course. Jonas and Colo as well.