José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

He's certainly better than Adriano and Maxwell, if Abidal covers centre half or is injured then maybe he will get a run out.  I think he would do well there, although I can't see Barca actually being in for him.

Guest Flatline

agreed, but it would be a fantastic leap for enrique. No hard feelings like, thanks for giving us loads of quality wingbacking and later mate..

Just read the "El Mundo Deportivo" article after buying the paper. Seems our strategy is not buying a CB and using Abidal/Mascherano plus the bairns from Barça B as CB backups, and buy a LB instead.

Would you be happy if you signed him though VI?  If we got a good price and a decent replacement, I think I would one day enjoy watching him play for Barca.

I have said for ages I could see him playing for Barcelona, but I still don't think there is any truth in this.

I rate José Enrique better defensively than Maxwell or Adriano, who are straight heart-attack inducing any time they face a barely competent winger.

Bojan has often been linked with a move to England, actually.

I've always said he would be a good fit for Barcelona. I wouldn't mind so much if he went to yous either. He was what it takes to make the step up but I don't want him to!

I'm unsure as to whether Bojan would be good in England.

Guest firetotheworks

Defensively Jose is a rock, but his attacking is probably too direct and not clever, or methodical enough for the way Barca play. He's definitely good enough imo and would improve immeasurably.

Guest firetotheworks

Defensively Jose is a rock, but his attacking is probably too direct and not clever, or methodical enough for the way Barca play. He's definitely good enough imo and would improve immeasurably.

Too prone to giving the ball away for my liking, but his strength and pace make up for it.

No doubt, I meant more when he's being attacked by wingers though.

Guest firetotheworks

Sturridge absolutely did him with a lush bit of skill at SJP, that's the only time I've ever seen anyone beat him with any of skill/power/pace in two seasons.