José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Looking back at Owen's attitude that final year and Jose's mixed performances as the season wore on the danger outweighs any chance he can be persuaded imo. Rather get a good replacement, get as much as we can for him and move forward as a team. If we get into a habit of this sort of thing what happens in 2 years if Colo and Jonas decide the same? Seems like cutting off off nose despite our face which isnt the best way to run a football club(not that we are experts at that here haha)

I think it is a risk, but what are the the alternatives? 

We get someone like this M'Bengue lad in from France, for the same price we sell Jose for and he struggles in his first season.

Throw Neil Taylor in at the deep end and see how he gets on.

Buy someone like Warnock, who has played at this level for some time, but is a distinctly average player.

I would say they're all risks as well.  I do also feel whilst some of Jose's performances were below par in the latter part of the season, I think we were picking up on his faults more as we were over analysing his game and body language, as we all thought he was off. 

Maybe keeping Jose for one more season and trying to bring this young Taylor through is what they're planning on doing.  Assuming we sign him of course.

Jose will not stay man, if he chooses to see out his contract its likely because he knows what another better club will pay him. Not sure how you think its the clubs plan at all given its his decision not theirs.....

I'm not saying the clubs plan is to make him stay.  But he has said he's going to run his contract down, we're no longer chasing M'Bengue and we're set to sign Taylor for £1m (the first two are just rumours mind).  Plan C perhaps, or maybe this Taylor is just his replacement and we're all going to be left feeling a bit depressed.

The more likely scenario is:

I'd rather keep him because he's a good player; one of our best. If he ends up going for free then so be it, it's not like we haven't got fantastic value out of him. Doesn't really make sense that he'd purposely play s**** or be half-arsed leading up to a potential move anywhere. If anything he might even play better.

Maybe he's said he'll leave on a free to try and get the club to drop their supposed asking price of £15m, like we'd ever get that for him

Maybe he's said he'll leave on a free to try and get the club to drop their supposed asking price of £15m, like we'd ever get that for him. 

Maybe the club are asking too much money and by saying this, he is trying to get them to lower the price. 

Maybe the club are asking too much money and by saying this, he is trying to get them to lower the price. 

What I thought.

Yeah that's a good shout. We might be asking for something like £12m or whatever and this is his way of saying if you get let me go now you're going to get nowt for me next summer.

this is what pisses me off about players, they think there good enough to play champions league football or be paid cl wages, yet when we value them at a champions league players price they moan, not that he has publicly before anyone jumps down on me

Guest Roger Kint

Could also look at this "player Revolt" from another angle:

The players have had enough of Ashley funcking them around and have decided that the only way to really Pee him off is to hurt him in his pocket which is all he seems to care about i.e. all of them seeing out their contracts so that we get the best out of our players and Ashley gets SFA....I like it anyway!

Yeah unhappy players seeing out their contracts, taking their loyalty bonus for seeing it out, leaving on a free, the club buying even cheaper replacements because of that lost revenue, fans paying more watching a worse team because Ashley wants to recoup money somewhere all seems like us fans getting the best out of this ;D

If Jose does run down his final year, we now need to get looking for other high profile LBs that are doing the same. If we have to lose money on Enrique, at least do it to someone else too.

If Jose does run down his final year, we now need to get looking for other high profile LBs that are doing the same. If we have to lose money on Enrique, at least do it to someone else too.

bollocks, we need to find a very good left back. it has fuck all to do with profile.

If this is true then it would make sense that they no longer have an interest in M'Bengue and instead are looking at Neil Taylor as a back up for next season and then perhaps to be first choice the following season.

Could also look at this "player Revolt" from another angle:

The players have had enough of Ashley funcking them around and have decided that the only way to really Pee him off is to hurt him in his pocket which is all he seems to care about i.e. all of them seeing out their contracts so that we get the best out of our players and Ashley gets SFA....

I like it anyway!

More like the club gets sweet fa. Great plan.

Guest Flatline

Well, Im happy to take a 8 mil loss rather than seeing him in the disgusting red standard chartered shirt.

I know its not rational but I cant help it. My mates and flatmate are all liverpool fans, it will be unbearable with the circle jerks should he go there..

Guest Roger Kint

How p*ssed off would everyone be if he left on a free next season, and still went to Liverpool. :lol:

Based on the post above you that doesnt seem to sink in

I just don't understand the idea that just because he'll be free next season, he won't go to Liverpool. If he'll go now, why not next season? Of course there'll be more clubs in so a diluted chance of them getting him, but it seems to be a conventional wisdom that he's not going there if he goes a year later on a free. :undecided:

I just don't understand the idea that just because he'll be free next season, he won't go to Liverpool. If he'll go now, why not next season? Of course there'll be more clubs in so a diluted chance of them getting him, but it seems to be a conventional wisdom that he's not going there if he goes a year later on a free. :undecided:

Because Liverpool are almost certain to sign a first choice left back this summer.

Guest axel

The faster we sell him the better, his mind is obviously some place else. He has done many big mistakes this spring that we were lucky not to concede at. The faster we sell him we can concentrate on bringing a quality left back to replace him.

The faster we sell him the better, his mind is obviously some place else. He has done many big mistakes this spring that we were lucky not to concede at. The faster we sell him we can concentrate on bringing a quality left back to replace him.

Way over the top IMO. Yes he made a few errors, but the pressure was off as we were safe and he was probably getting a bit overconfident.

Still hoping against hope that we manage to keep him.

None of us know what JE is thinking or what he's said so it's unfair and premature to blow him off like he's some sort of a judas.

Let's just see how it pans out.

Although I understand the speculation and enjoy the chat as much as anyone.

No one is really saying that though, are they? Well, always someone, but I think most sensible people would see that he can make a step up and don't begrudge him of that.

Guest Flatline

No point selling him for just 5-6m.  Would rather play him one more season and see if we can back to Europe.

this

It doesn't sound like a CL club or the likes of Liverpool are that keen at the moment. He wouldn't turn down the opportunity to move to a bigger club if it was available to him now, because you never know when the chance is going to come again.

I also can't see us playing too much hardball with the transfer fee, if we're going to be losing him in a year's time anyway.

Jose is a good player, but I still feel he falls short of the top international / CL level that he's seeking.