José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I think Enrique is reacting to the way we played last night against a team in what is basically a third world footballing nation.  We've had 35 million to invest in the squad and we're a couple of injuries away from playing like we did last night but against better teams.

We were told that money would be spent, I know that has been watered down over time but we don't know what our players were told about investment.

People who are having a go at players for having a go at the club haven't a clue what the players have been told.  I doubt so many players would have a go at the club without reason. 

So he has thrown his toys out of the pram because we lost a pre-season friendly? That would be even more pathetic. Unless I have missed something we have only sold Nolan since January and have managed to beat better sides than that and get the odd drawer against some of the best sides around.

If that is the reason he has done this then just seems like any old excuse.

I now have the extreme view that the statement will say that Jose has been transfer listed.............

bit odd for them to release a statement over it, they didn't do that when Barton did similar

I thought that too... with Twitter stuff my view is that they basically shouldn't respond at all. Barton did come out soon after and correct his twitter rant though.

They might see this as a good chance to get Jose on the transfer list and bring the issue to a head.

they're likely to see it as another opportunity to tell us about agent fees and debt imo

Guest bimpy474

I think Enrique is reacting to the way we played last night against a team in what is basically a third world footballing nation.  We've had 35 million to invest in the squad and we're a couple of injuries away from playing like we did last night but against better teams.

We were told that money would be spent, I know that has been watered down over time but we don't know what our players were told about investment.

People who are having a go at players for having a go at the club haven't a clue what the players have been told. I doubt so many players would have a go at the club without reason

Thats true but you take it to the owners and manager and complain you dont tweet it and make us a laughing stock again.

The sentiment is right but the delivery of it by Jose is completely brainless, Nolan has said nothing and thats a proper pro's reaction not a spoilt childs.

People who are having a go at players for having a go at the club haven't a clue what the players have been told.  I doubt so many players would have a go at the club without reason. 

But neither to the people defending them, they just assume the worst because it's Ashley.

Which give his past actions is a very reasonable stance.

But neither to the people defending them, they just assume the worst because it's Ashley.

Which give his past actions is a very reasonable stance.

There are none so blind... ;)

People who are having a go at players for having a go at the club haven't a clue what the players have been told. I doubt so many players would have a go at the club without reason

Thats true but you take it to the owners and manager and complain you dont tweet it and make us a laughing stock again.

The sentiment is right but the delivery of it by Jose is completely brainless, Nolan has said nothing and thats a proper pro's reaction not a spoilt childs.

Exactly. He's on his way and doesn't give a shit about his current team mates because he's no longer going to be a part of it.

ian, in your world are people ever held accountable for their actions or do you go on giving the benefit of the doubt until the end of time? people dont assume the worst because its ashley, they assume the club will do everything on the cheap because....the club are doing everything on the cheap. at what point do you notice this all tying in? Keegan, Hughton, Pardew, Carroll, nothing spent, Enrique..........

ian, in your world are people ever held accountable for their actions or do you go on giving the benefit of the doubt until the end of time? people dont assume the worst because its ashley, they assume the club will do everything on the cheap because....the club are doing everything on the cheap. at what point do you notice this all tying in? Keegan, Hughton, Pardew, Carroll, nothing spent, Enrique..........

I know Ashley is a cunt etc etc, but every decision he makes isn't wrong by default.

We were told either the same day or the day after Carroll was sold that all of the money would be spent on players.  I have no reason to believe the players were not told the same thing and I've stuck up for Ashley many times on here, I just don't blindly do it.

He's just said he loves the fans but the club cannot be ran like this.

He'll be loving the Liverpool fans in a weeks time. "Best fans ever/magnifique...blah blah etc"

Just fuck off and pick up your 100k a week already.

I'm sure a week or two back some were criticising Enrique for staying quiet.

There's a professional way to do things and an unprofessional way. But then you knew that.

Yep, I think the people wanted Jose to make a decision about his future, which would have been fine if he'd done if professionally. Although as you say, Dave knew that already.

There's a professional way to do things and an unprofessional way. But then you knew that.

Fair enough. Don't particularly see what difference it would have made if he'd said the same stuff in a formal statement though.

Ian W will have no wrong said about Ashley and Pardew and as he reads this will be smashing up his bedroom in anger as he probably wont be able to smash his office up as its wrecked from last week  ;D

Now he has said that a tweet from another account was not him, but he agrees with some of it.

Not quite sure wtf is going on or if the translation is on the right lines

Bit daft of him to tweet stuff like that, I am guessing its due to frustration at loving it here but how he feels the club is being ran. Non of us have any idea what really go's on at the club and a lot of fans think Pards is an Ashley puppet who does as he is told. Therefore believing the shit he spout is pointless.

Jose is more believable as an emotional player spouting his feelings, lets face it Ashley is a cunt for whom money matters before anything else.

This lad has had enough and one thing for sure there is no way he stays now.... Quality players signed hmm I think free/cheap comes before quality, thats our transfer policy now like it or not.

I was thinking more along the lines of him signing the contract, or handing in a transfer request, you know, the way things should be done. He's stooped to Ashley's levels and people are buying it purely down to their hatred of the board.

Guest Heneage

Fair enough. Don't particularly see what difference it would have made if he'd said the same stuff in a formal statement though.

But if you just submit a transfer request that will suffice.

It'll be something along the lines of

"Following on from comments made earlier this evening on social media networking website Twitter, Jose Enrique has left the rest of the squad and has been sent home.

The club will not accept public criticism and slander from one of its playing staff and as a result, Jose will receive a significant fine and will be immediately placed on the transfer list.

We will be making no further comment at this time."

I've got no problem with players wanting to leave for more money, or to join a richer or more successful club. But so many try to seize the moral high ground as they're doing it, and it's really annoying. 

I was thinking more along the lines of him signing the contract, or handing in a transfer request, you know, the way things should be done. He's stooped to Ashley's levels and people are buying it purely down to their hatred of the board.

Stooped to Ashley's level? How? By actually telling the truth?

:lol: good one.

No need to post this kind of shit on twitter tbh, we aren't stupid after all and can make our own minds up, i get tired of reading this "I care about the fans" shit from players because if they did they wouldn't contribute to the shit we go though by posting this kind of stuff.

I think its fairly obvious we are getting our legs lifted by Ashley but at the end of the day we can't do jack shit about it, if he doesn't want to spend the money he wont.

I personally think bring another striker in and replace Jose asap and we have had a pretty tidy summer.