José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

You've hired the wrong manager mate. Arsenal and Spurs will sign the right players even if it's later in the window and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the f*** did we spend £100m on players who were considered s*** in the Championshp just 12 months ago.

I see, you really don't know anything about football. 

Whether Arsenal and Spurs sign the 'right players' or not doesn't matter, we've signed the right players for us and that's the important thing. 

How would you know who was or wasn't the right manager for any club?  Who do you think you are, Mystic Meg?  Dalglish has never failed to deliver at Liverpool and he spent 13 years here before this second stint.  I think I'll judge him on that rather than some nobody who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If it's you who considered them s*** then I'd say it's 47 million well spent.

I'm not Mystic Meg nor would I want to be because she's just some daft bint who writes for the paper who you should have been boycotting if you knew any better. If you think I don't know about your manager you're very much wrong as I saw first hand what he did to our club when he was manager here. He didn't do much better when he fled to Celtic with John Barnes as his sidekick either. Your American owners seem to be as clueless about football as Ashley and co. Enjoy the experiment.

As I said, you don't have a clue.

Last time I saw anything to do with MM was in the early days of the lottery, and boycotting something I've never read in my life is easy.

4 League titles and two FA Cups says you haven't a clue about Dalglish as a manager, tell me which one of your previous managers was as good as that.

Our Amreican owners are the first to admit they don't know about football but they want to learn and have put all the right people there to teach them.

When was this?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Liverpool (1985–1991, 2011– )

Football League First Division

Winner: 1985/86, 1987/88, 1989/90

FA Cup

Winner: 1985/86, 1988/89

Blackburn Rovers (1991–1995)

FA Premier League

Winner: 1994/95

Phil B, not having a go at you personally, so just calm down first.

I am not going to argue about whether Dalglish is the right person since it's controversial.  What I am saying is, Liverpool isn't financially that strong. You should go back and check your accounts for the last 4 years and see how much loss you have incurred. It's not like you have 50m net profit every year and so the 45m net spent + the new shirt deal means break even. No. My own projection shows that this year you would have a loss over 60m (since no matter what you won't have any Euro competition). That is a staggering amount that you should be really worrying at. Yes if you have built a new squad and this is strong enough to climb back to big4 and possibly challenge for CL next year then ok no problem, excellent work. I can only clap my hands and say f*** off Ashley you c***s. But what if, you can't? Will Henry continue to invest like what Abramovich did, after spending so much after Ranieri's reign? People always forget the it actually took 3 windows and over 150m spend to build the invincible Chelsea under Mourinho.

See where the problem lies? I am not saying you are destined for failure, I am saying your club is now making a very very risky gamble, which the chance of winning the jackpot is less than probable. And the consequence of losing the gamble - I don't know, probably a long period of no investment and cost-cutting regime. Do not hope that your club would be sold easily because Henry must demand a high price and the current global financial atmosphere is f***ing s***.

And in this sense, you should understand why we said those players aren't good enough, because they didn't give you a distinct advantage over Spurs and Arsenal, that you have to take a bad gamble this season.

That's a fair post zero, although I don't agree about the Spurs and Arsenal comment.  Under the previous owners the club had to pay big interest payments to service the debt they incurred to buy the club, that doesn't exist now.  Whether we show as big a loss a you suggest will only be known next year. 

The top three places are set in stone, so it's basically you, Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for 4th. Luck will play its part in how that falls, but -

I think your owner has actually said that the current spending is a one-off investment to get you back into the CL, and thereafter the budgeting will be tighter. Now I'm not sure that works as a long-term strategy. Clubs that spend tend to have to keep spending to maintain their position, or else they slip back (eg Leeds, Newcastle)

You've hired the wrong manager mate. Arsenal and Spurs will sign the right players even if it's later in the window and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the f*** did we spend £100m on players who were considered s*** in the Championshp just 12 months ago.

I see, you really don't know anything about football. 

Whether Arsenal and Spurs sign the 'right players' or not doesn't matter, we've signed the right players for us and that's the important thing. 

How would you know who was or wasn't the right manager for any club?  Who do you think you are, Mystic Meg?  Dalglish has never failed to deliver at Liverpool and he spent 13 years here before this second stint.  I think I'll judge him on that rather than some nobody who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If it's you who considered them s*** then I'd say it's 47 million well spent.

I'm not Mystic Meg nor would I want to be because she's just some daft bint who writes for the paper who you should have been boycotting if you knew any better. If you think I don't know about your manager you're very much wrong as I saw first hand what he did to our club when he was manager here. He didn't do much better when he fled to Celtic with John Barnes as his sidekick either. Your American owners seem to be as clueless about football as Ashley and co. Enjoy the experiment.

As I said, you don't have a clue.

Last time I saw anything to do with MM was in the early days of the lottery, and boycotting something I've never read in my life is easy.

4 League titles and two FA Cups says you haven't a clue about Dalglish as a manager, tell me which one of your previous managers was as good as that.

Our Amreican owners are the first to admit they don't know about football but they want to learn and have put all the right people there to teach them.

Well if you're looking at his honours across his whole managerial career here rather than just at Liverpool then Robson was.

The top three places are set in stone, so it's basically you, Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for 4th. Luck will play its part in how that falls, but -

I think your owner has actually said that the current spending is a one-off investment to get you back into the CL, and thereafter the budgeting will be tighter. Now I'm not sure that works as a long-term strategy. Clubs that spend tend to have to keep spending to maintain their position, or else they slip back (eg Leeds, Newcastle)

He hasn't said that at all, he is spending big this season because he expects the financial fair play rules to kick in next season when clubs will be limited to spending what they earn.  Our revenue streams have been enhanced greatly over the last few seasons and he believes we'll be able to compete.  He has said that this season our main goal is to qualify for CL and he'd be disappointed if we didn't, but so what?  Tom Werner,the chairman, wants to see improvement and Dalglish wants to win it.   

This from the chairman Tom Werner.

Tom Werner, the Liverpool chairman, has said Fenway Sports Group will continue to invest in restoring "the lustre" of the club, but that Uefa's financial fair play rules must be enforced to enhance the competitiveness of the Premier League.

If waffa stick to what they've said they're going to do regarding spending regs. Then Andy Carrol was the last of the big signings that will be exempt. Everyone signed this summer will fall foul of the regs.

As i understand it anyway. Feel free to correct me someone.

If waffa stick to what they've said they're going to do regarding spending regs. Then Andy Carrol was the last of the big signings that will be exempt. Everyone signed this summer will fall foul of the regs.

Don't you have to qualify for Europe to have these restrictions apply?

Yes you do

Yeah you'd be inelligible for a license to compete in europe. But if it pans out the way it looks like it's gonna (and i don't believe for a second it will), then you could have clubs finishing in 15th playing in the champiions league because most clubs above them won't qualify.

Yep, he could play for anyone I think he's even above this lot tbh.

Aye shocked Barca did not go for him, better than anything they have got

Apparently they did last minute but didn't match the personal terms Liverpool offered.

??? Surely he didn't turn Barcelona down for money? After all the talk about ambitions.

http://www.nuevofutbol.com/2011/08/19/fc-barcelona-intento-hasta-ultima-hora-el-fichaje-de-jose-enrique/

VI, your help would be appreciated but if I understand this correctly...

It says Barcelona made a late bid but wouldn't match what Liverpool had offered in terms of wages, etc, and reckons the fee is €11m plus add-ons. Also says Arsenal made a late bid which was €500k more than what Liverpool paid.

Again, seems tricky to translate though.

EDIT: Or is that €11m what Liverpool are paying Enrique rather than paid us? I don't know. :undecided:

luckily I haven't heard too much over the top praise and stupid statements stating what a find liverpool have made, mainly because he was picking up motm's and being rimmed by commentators for us towards the end of last season so hopefully it won't happen.

i was worried it would be like Aguero the other night when they kept saying " a star is born" yeah cus he was so fucking unknown before city brought him!

Absolute beast.

Completely nullified any Arsenal threat down our left side and contributed going forward.

A steal at 16 million, never mind 6.

Left back was our weakest position. Now it is one of our strengths. Hats off to Comolli and Kenny. They have uncovered a gem

Enrique is fucking BOSS! Superb again today.

Absolutely brilliant signing for the price. Very solid and strong, yet still has great pace and fully capable of making runs when on the ball, yet still prefers to pass and work the ball around. Made Walcott look invisible today.