Bolton VS Newcastle build up etc

Decky

I remember when Souness tried to go there and battle them off the park and it didn't work. I don't think he fully appreciated that what Bolton did was as much about pressing and fitness as it was about heavy challenges, we basically couldn't go toe to toe with them and were outplayed for most of the game.

I trust Big Sam for this game, he'll know a lot more about the strengths and weaknesses of most of Bolton's team than Little Sam will know about Newcastle. He'll know what makes their players tick, who can't handle pace, who doesn't like being pushed onto their weaker foot, who needs time on the ball, everything.

Thinking about it I think Sam'll go safety first and play 4-3-3, and I think Bolton will play that as well. If that's the case then I don't expect a high scoring game. My only reservation about this formation is that if Dyer is out of the fold and Zoggy is required at left back, then Solano and Milner may well occupy the flanks and we'll look as static as we did in the first half against Sampdoria. For me, whatever the formation Martins will be ideal for this game to hit them on the break and test their defence out.

------------------Harper------------------

Carr----Tayls-------------Roz-----Zog

--------------------Butt--------------

--------Geremi---------------Smith-------

-------------------------------------------

---Martins-------------------------Milner---

-----------------Viduka-------------------

Just to satisfy Greg, i'd pick the above if Jose isn't available.

Sam said:

"You wont see him at Bolton, or at least I hope you wont"

Which, to me, indicated, he wanted to sign another LB this week which has apparently fallen through.

To me that sounds like he is hoping that there are no more injuries. If N'Zogbia gets injured, we'll see him.

AO said today that both Cacapa and Enrique have returned to France and Spain to sort out their personal shit and should be back for the weekend.

If they haven't trained, they won't play.

Fair do's.

Guest LondonMag

What was the last time that we really had a good start of the season? i cant even remember.........maybe 2002/2003 season?

Guest clarkyshan

it on anywhere? ive seen it advertised outside a bar like so it must be. one of the asian channels maybe

it on anywhere? ive seen it advertised outside a bar like so it must be. one of the asian channels maybe

Aye, loads of foreign channels. Live commentary on TalkSport if that's your thing.

Anyone know if it's on a French channel?

C+ Sport (France)

C+ Sport 2 (Scandinavia)

Eurosport 2 (Hungary)

Premiere Sport Portal

Prima TV (Cz)

Show Sports 1 & 2

Setanta Sports Ireland

Sky Calcio 2

Supersport 5 SA

What was the last time that we really had a good start of the season? i cant even remember.........maybe 2002/2003 season?

We had like 4 points for the first month and a half as I remember. 2001/02 is the last time we hit the ground running. Top at Christmas and all.

Guest Coubury

Here we will hammer then 4 nowt man, it's only Bolton, they are s****

That'll be why we haven't won there in the last 5 attempts.

They had a clever manager then. ;)

Seen that last night but i reckon we will win 3-1

Newcastle 7/4 with Ladbrokes will deffs be putting them in my accum.

Looks like Bolton could be missing a few players themselves.

From .com:

NUFC: To follow.....absentees include Owen, Emre, Barton, Duff and Babayaro with a big doubt over Given.

BWFC: To follow....

Missing through injury are Ricardo Gardner (hamstring) Stelios (hernia), Blerim Dzemaili (cruciate).

Doubts: Heidar Helguson (groin), Joey O'Brien (knee) Nicky Hunt (toe), Christian Wilhelmsson (awaiting international clearance), Daniel Braaten (awaiting international clearance).

Very worried about our full-backs in this one, reckon Diouf and Anelka will cause them all sorts of problems.

Carr will get spat on and Zoggy will ge moaned to death  :frantic:

I'm sure The Zog can more than hold his own in that department.

And they'll be playing on the opposite sides, anyway.  :coolsmiley:

Very worried about our full-backs in this one, reckon Diouf and Anelka will cause them all sorts of problems.

If they're on form, but they're inconsistent whingers who can be got at and Sam knows that more than anyone.

I think both managers will be wary of the other's attacking options and each will be tempted to pack the midfield which could result in a stalemate. Part of me hopes we show some balls and line up 4-4-2 because I think our attacking options can cause their defence all kinds of problems as well.