Lawro is back

SUPERTOON

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/08/06/newcastle-89520-19579170/

LAWRO SAYS..

Top six. Sam Allardyce will make them much more difficult to beat and the signing of Alan Smith to play alongside Michael Owen will be fantastic for them. He is a real worker and with a good run of games you just know he will score goals.

MANAGER: A Big Sam did well with Bolton but will find the expectations at Newcastle far higher

DEFENCE: C+ Long the butt of jokes, Bramble won't be missed, Rozehnal brings experience, but more needed

MIDFIELD: B+ Barton and Geremi will add drive and Big Sam will be looking to Butt and Duff

ATTACK: A Viduka and Owen could be exciting and Martins can produce some explosive performances

OVERALL: B+ It could be a bright new dawn on Tyneside - but fans have been let down in the past

Did I just read that Owen has scored 3 goals in 14 Premiership appearances?

Dear me.

Can't possibly be true.

More shit journalism. He got three in one game for a start.

He's got 7 in 14, if I'm not wrong. Fucking useless "Dom".

You just love stealing ideas from Toontastic, don't you.

I actually read it on the mirror website first.

Seen it on toontastic after.

Four mins later, what a coincidence. :lol:

what did he say about the mackems?

STATS DOM SAYS

Strength: Roy Keane. Sunderland went from the bottom to the top of the Championship under his management.

Weakness: The last time they were in the Premiership they earned just 15 points, a record low.

MANAGER: B Keane made a brilliant start to management and will ensure his men sweat blood for the cause

DEFENCE: C Nosworthy is willing but none of the Cats' backline will be able to resist Rooney or Bent

MIDFIELD: C Dean Whitehead can do it at this level but there is not enough around him to provide support

ATTACK: D Michael Chopra is not going to get 20-plus goals and Connolly is not Premiership quality

OVERALL: C A tough season which could end with Keane being spirited away by a higherprofile club

Guest elbee909

I think that little round up was written well before Cacapa and Enrique were on Lawro's radar, the non-moustachioed non-defence non-coaching twat.

Credit where it's due, he's making positive noises about us.

Maybe the reason he didn't before (and I don't recall him ever saying anything positive before) was that we didn't deserve it and he actually just calls it as he sees it.

I'd say he wrote that before Capcapa signed and also Enrique since then so we have improved the defence with one or two signings still to come...

Yes, that has obviously been written a while back.