Newcastle Blue Star 0 - 2 Newcastle United "Reserves"

Dave

My first reserve game so here goes:

Forster 7: Had bugger all to do but was comfortable enough.

Huntington 7: Got forward often, very little threat from opposition.

Cacapa 7: Grew as game went on, good passing.

Ramage 6.5: Looks at his level, poor communication between him and Cacapa lead to sloppy moments.

Edgar 9: Not a foot wrong all game, looks as if he has grown a foot too. MOM

Troisi 7: Good footwork but i'm not convinced he has enough physique to make it.

Patterson 7: Looks good at this level but THIS is his level

Dyer 7: Threating when on the ball but went missing all too often (mixed reception).

Lua Lua 7.5: Alot like his brother, caused them threat with his skill and hard work.

Owen 7: Didn't look particularly sharp but had two cleared off the line.

Ameobi 8: Looked a different player, confident and composed. Would like to see more of it at the higest level.

Hard to work out performances because the opposition tried to stifle the game. Not a great standard, particularly the ref, we should have had two penalties.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Cheers for the feedback from the game, dude.

Pleased Shola & Edgar played well & nice to have Owen & Cacapa get a game & hopefully ready for the weekend.

I really think its a confidence thing, he was captain BTW.

Out of Owen and Ameobi, the latter looked more like the 15m pound player. However when Owen got in on goal he still looked like he knows where it is. Very very unlucky not to score.

Owen was notably disinterested, Dyer was OK while Cacapa didn't have a great deal to do at the back but looked useful when pushing forward into midfield for the last half hour. Not much to the game really, the Blue Star keeper kept the score down with a string of excellent second half saves as they brought on virtually a whole new outfield side.

Easily the best player on the pitch was Kazenga Lualua, who is looking a real prospect. Nippy, great technique and doesn't mind getting his foot in either.

Ramage 6.5: Looks at his level, poor communication between him and Cacapa lead to sloppy moments.

Troisi 7: Good footwork but i'm not convinced he has enough physique to make it.

Dyer 7: Threating when on the ball but went missing all too often (mixed reception).

Lua Lua 7.5: Alot like his older brother, caused them threat with his skill and hard work.

Ameobi 8: Looked a different player, confident and composed. Would like to see more of it at the higest level.

Hard to work out performances because the opposition tried to stifle the game. Not a great standard, particularly the ref, we should have had two penalties.

How tall did he get?

Lua Lua 7.5: Alot like his older brother, caused them threat with his skill and hard work.

which lua lua was playing? Does Kazenga have a younger brother like?

He does, doesn't he?

Am i right in thinking he's Lomanas brother? Either way he was my reference.

Owen was notably disinterested

Reading the above few posts, it seems that Ameobi was out to do his best and keep on trying to prove himself while Owen, who feels he's got no need to prove anything at this level, was really just having a run-out.

Owen thinks he can just walk into any team but hopefully he will get a shock

he owes us so much but doesnt give a toss

he has to score goals this season for other clubs interests but he could at least put a smile on his face

sounds like he didnt give a toss tonight even if it was just the reserves

Guest Geordie Boyo

What was the f****** score then? 2 zip - both Ameobi?

2-0 ameobi 2 owen 2 cleared off line, omg, wtf...!

I didn't know what to make of Owen. He didn't look like he was particularly interested but thats quite like his style anyway. He often just drifts and waits for his moments to score.

He's no Bellamy or Smith, so after that we had to read his body language and that would be mere pointless speculation.

I wouldn't make much of it.

Kazenga is Lomana's nephew, not brother  O0

No, he's his brother.

And bit harsh to say Troisi might not be physical enough, he's only 19 remember.

True, he's got years to grow but he won't make it if he doesn't. Hopefully he will because him and Lua Lua look very good on the ball.