Newcastle Blue Star 0 - 2 Newcastle United "Reserves"

Dave

Guest teepee

No way should Owen start, for various reasons.

Stick him on the bench and give him 20 mins of football if we are winning.

agree that he shouldn't start - but should be given 20 mins whether we're winning or not.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1091067,00.html

Two-Goal Ameobi Star Of Sho

By Craig Hope

SHOLA Ameobi bagged a brace as a strong Newcastle United Reserve side ran-out 2-0 winners against local non-league outfit Newcastle Blue Star.

Lee Clark included Michael Owen in his starting eleven as the striker made his comeback from a niggling thigh injury which kept him out of the Magpies 3-1 opening day victory at Bolton.

Brazilian defender Claudio Cacapa made his first appearance in black and white colours, while Kieron Dyer got a run-out in United's midfield.

But it was skipper Ameobi who stole the show, his first goal coming right on the stroke of half-time as he fired home from a narrow angle after being slipped in by Kazenga LuaLua.

And the 25-year-old frontman had his second just after the hour with a cool finish from inside the area.

Owen came through 60 minutes of Monday's game and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, twice seeing efforts cleared off the line by former Magpies youngsters  - Ben Webster denying the England man in the opening period before Chris Carr got back in the nick of time to hack clear just after the break.

NUFC: Fraser Forster, Paul Huntington, David Edgar, Matty Pattison, Peter Ramage, Claudio Cacapa, James Troisi, Kieron Dyer, Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen, Kazenga LuaLua

Subs: Alex Francis, Callum Morris, Darren Lough, Jonny Godsmark, Frank Wiafe Danquah

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1091133,00.html

Owen: I'm Up For Villa Date

MICHAEL Owen came through 60 minutes of his comeback match and afterwards declared himself and fit and available for Aston Villa on Saturday.

Newcastle United's record signing missed the bulk of the pre-season and the opening day 3-1 win at Bolton with a niggling thigh complaint.

But, after a run-out at Kingston Park against Unibond outfit Newvcastle Blue Star, the 27-year-old told Newcastle World TV in an exclsuive interview that he is now raring to go again.

"I feel fine, it was only a small injury, a little niggle.

"It had me out for a couple of weeks but I've trained the last four or five days and I was confident I'd be fine and it was good to get back out on the pitch.

"It's a little frustrating to have missed some of the pre-season games but I've been able to do all the running work.

"It's only in the last couple of weeks when I might've missed a little bit of football and tactical work so I don't think I've missed much in terms of fitness and strength which is crucial and I've still been working hard in the gym.

"As a player you always look forward to the first game of the season and it's a little frustrating if you miss it.

"I probably vould've played a part against Bolton but I'm pleased we took the decision not to play. It means I've only missed one game and now I'm available again.

"I'd been doing a bit of shooting practice when I just felt my thigh a little and probably hit one ball too many.

"I'm available again now and I feel fit and playing again was great. I'll train for the next few days and I'll be available for Saturday."

No way should Owen start, for various reasons.

Stick him on the bench and give him 20 mins of football if we are winning.

If we're winning I'd keep him on the bench. Surely it'd be better if it's 0-0 or 0-1 or something to bring on our best finisher with 20 minutes to go when we need a goal, or is that too sensible.  :undecided:

Guest andynufc84

MICHAEL Owen came through 60 minutes of his comeback match and afterwards declared himself and fit and available for Aston Villa on Saturday.

Newcastle United's record signing missed the bulk of the pre-season and the opening day 3-1 win at Bolton with a niggling thigh complaint.

But, after a run-out at Kingston Park against Unibond outfit Newvcastle Blue Star, the 27-year-old told Newcastle World TV in an exclsuive interview that he is now raring to go again.

"It had me out for a couple of weeks but I've trained the last four or five days and I was confident I'd be fine and it was good to get back out on the pitch.

"It's a little frustrating to have missed some of the pre-season games but I've been able to do all the running work.

"It's only in the last couple of weeks when I might've missed a little bit of football and tactical work so I don't think I've missed much in terms of fitness and strength which is crucial and I've still been working hard in the gym.

"As a player you always look forward to the first game of the season and it's a little frustrating if you miss it.

"I probably vould've played a part against Bolton but I'm pleased we took the decision not to play. It means I've only missed one game and now I'm available again.

"I'd been doing a bit of shooting practice when I just felt my thigh a little and probably hit one ball too many.

"I'm available again now and I feel fit and playing again was great. I'll train for the next few days and I'll be available for Saturday."

England games are coming up

Sorry, but what professional footballer can hit 'one ball too many' in shooting practise?

Stick him on the bench for Villa. Not a chance he warrants a starting place.

I think some people are just looking for another excuse to have a go at Owen. Whats he meant to do - skip around the pitch with a manic grin on his face.

The lad is probably shit scared of getting injured again so was taking it easy. Come Saturday and he finds himself on the pitch, if he gets a chance he will score and that will do nicely for me thank you.

But, after a run-out at Kingston Park against Unibond outfit Newvcastle Blue Star, the 27-year-old told Newcastle World TV in an exclsuive interview tll unless we need him.Why should we even take sub someone if there playing well!Bring him on in injury time to waste timehat he is now raring to go again.

England games are coming up

My thoughts as well!I wos thinking jesus he sounds enthustastic for once,then o ya ENGLAND!

If we are winning in injury time bring him on to waste time!Why should we sub someone whose playing well just to play him like!

Should only bring him on if someone is under performing or we are desperate for a goal!

I think some people are just looking for another excuse to have a go at Owen. Whats he meant to do - skip around the pitch with a manic grin on his face.

The lad is probably shit scared of getting injured again so was taking it easy. Come Saturday and he finds himself on the pitch, if he gets a chance he will score and that will do nicely for me thank you.

Spot on.

The lad is probably s*** scared of getting injured again so was taking it easy. Come Saturday and he finds himself on the pitch, if he gets a chance he will score and that will do nicely for me thank you.

Spot on.

Yep, we need to get off some of our players backs. Owen looks a miserable little bugger at the best of times.

Guest loonietoonie

Kazenga is Lomana's cousin, not his brother or nephew.

Nah, man, he's his uncle.

sure its not his dad?

Guest Coubury

"LuaLua's baby son Jesus died of pneumonia on January 20th 2006 while he was away on African Nations Cup duty.[5][6] In a widely critised move, he was not told of his son's tragedy as his coach was afraid of him returning home early from the African Nations Cup

His younger brother Kazenga LuaLua is at the academy of his former club Newcastle United."

from wikipedia