Newcastle Blue Star 0 - 2 Newcastle United "Reserves"

Dave

Kazenga is Lomana's cousin, not his brother or nephew.

There has been some confusion about LuaLua's relationship to United starlet Kazenga LuaLua, but the Pompey striker insists: "He is my brother and I am so pleased that I have heard he is doing well at Newcastle.

"Apart from having a kick-about with him in the garden, I have never actually seen him play.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=19049907%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

"LuaLua's baby son Jesus died of pneumonia on January 20th 2006 while he was away on African Nations Cup duty.[5][6] In a widely critised move, he was not told of his son's tragedy as his coach was afraid of him returning home early from the African Nations Cup

His younger brother Kazenga LuaLua is at the academy of his former club Newcastle United."

from wikipedia

I knew it.

Bloody idiots trying to tell me other wise.

Kazenga is Lomana's cousin, not his brother or nephew.

There has been some confusion about LuaLua's relationship to United starlet Kazenga LuaLua, but the Pompey striker insists: "He is my brother and I am so pleased that I have heard he is doing well at Newcastle.

"Apart from having a kick-about with him in the garden, I have never actually seen him play.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=19049907%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Aye, told ya  :coolsmiley:

Guest toonlass

I was at the match tonight, with my fella and my three kids. The booing of Kieron Dyer's name and his first few touches was just pathetic. I am not happy with his attitude but his work rate tonight was canny. The other thing that was pathetic was loads of people leaving once Dyer was substituted. They probably only left because they couldn't boo Dyer anymore. Apart from that the lads did well, and Owen should have had two had it not been for Blue Stars defence clearing off the line, and they should have had one when their lad hit the bar. Canny game.

I'm worried about Owen's style of play. He really has to have a greater work ethic to fit into Sam's 4-3-3 which looked too potentially good to abandon for one player's sake.

Should be interesting to see how this pans out. Martins has proved he has what it takes to develop into a real threat in that system and everyone else has looked great in it. Owen really has a lot to do right now and I hope he realises it. He can't feel entitled to anything!

I was at the match tonight, with my fella and my three kids. The booing of Kieron Dyer's name and his first few touches was just pathetic. I am not happy with his attitude but his work rate tonight was canny. The other thing that was pathetic was loads of people leaving once Dyer was substituted. They probably only left because they couldn't boo Dyer anymore.

How pathetic is that!?!

I was at the match tonight, with my fella and my three kids. The booing of Kieron Dyer's name and his first few touches was just pathetic. I am not happy with his attitude but his work rate tonight was canny. The other thing that was pathetic was loads of people leaving once Dyer was substituted. They probably only left because they couldn't boo Dyer anymore.

How pathetic is that!?!

Exactly, no need to leave.

You can still boo him when he's on the bench. ;)

Owen will play when we play 4-4-2. In spite of our success at Bolton, i anticipate we'll start more games with a 4-4-2 than a 4-5-1*, and Owen will play then. Either way, it'll be a rather splendid situation to be able to bring on a Martins or a Milner or a Smith and switch the formation at the drop of a hat, depending on the state of play.

*What's great is that we have a versatile enough squad that our players will fit nicely into either formation.

Owen will play when we play 4-4-2. In spite of our success at Bolton, i anticipate we'll start more games with a 4-4-2 than a 4-5-1*, and Owen will play then. Either way, it'll be a rather splendid situation to be able to bring on a Martins or a Milner or a Smith and switch the formation at the drop of a hat, depending on the state of play.

*What's great is that we have a versatile enough squad that our players will fit nicely into either formation.

I can't believe people still think Sam is going to pay the 4-4-2. Did he not say at his talk in that he prefers the 4-3-3 before you defend with more players and attack with more players also. We also played it against Bolton and it looked great. Most of the money this summer has been spent on central midfielders to play in this formation in Barton and Smith also.

The only change of formation that will take place is in instances where we are closing at the end of games and we go more defensive. If Sam switches to a 4-4-2 when everyone is fit, it will mean dropping Martins as well as one of Smith/Barton. I think this is pretty much impossible.

Couple of things;

1. Would people lay off Mickey Owen. He is still the best finisher at the club and could potentially turn out to have a brilliant season for us this year. Lets see what he can when hes fit!

2. Booing Dyer. Whats the point. We know hes a bit of a twat, he probably knows hes a bit of a twat, but booing him and generally abusing him will just put potential players off from coming to the club. Fact.

3. Good to see Shola still has it in the old training matchs

Let's not forget just how good Owen is. I don't believe he should walk back into the team and I don't think 4-3-3 would be the best use of his talents, but he's still the best goalscorer in the squad and I'm very happy that he'll be on the bench for Villa. His movement and ability to take precious chances make him a very useful option coming off the bench because he can punish the slightest mistake from tiring defenders and will always find space. He proved at Real Madrid what a good impact sub he can be. Not to mention his return will keep the rest on their toes. Big boost for us ahead of the game.

Agree with OML, excited about getting Owen back.

Would have preferred him to go and target someone else, as his injury problems are a huge concern. If he gets back playing well and stays fit, he's going to be a very attractive option for clubs maybe looking to add that something to their squad for a CL push. Won't be cup-tied and available foir a snip for what a fully fit and on form Owen would bring to the team.

In the short term though he gives us a world class finisher, and I expect we'll have him on the pitch more often than not. Our squad is quite flexible in midfield and I like Martins' chances out wide in the 4-3-3, so I'd say we'll see plenty of that this year, particularly away from home. I reckon Owen might play down the left when he does get a game in that system.

Another good option though that we don't have to rush back, so great that almost nobody has been mentioning the fact that we've injuries to Owen, Barton, Emre and Duff with any sense of urgency. The squad is looking solid.

Just need a quality RB, I'd be absolutely contented.

Can't wait to see what team we have out if we ever get everyone fit. :D

Guest toonlass

The first time they announced the team was the biggest boo for him, but so many people turned round and told the stupid kids to shut it that the next time it was a lot quieter, however any booing is wrong. He is still a Newcastle player, and still pulling on the shirt, and no-one can say he didn't try tonight.

The first time they announced the team was the biggest boo for him, but so many people turned round and told the stupid kids to shut it that the next time it was a lot quieter, however any booing is wrong. He is still a Newcastle player, and still pulling on the shirt, and no-one can say he didn't try tonight.

Ah right, didnt get in til about a minute or so after kick off, finding somewhere to park was a bastard.