Cacapa! How do you think he'll do?

BONTEMPI

Guest Lefty Toon

In all fairness Taylor of all people shouldnt be getting stick.Hes still a young lad and you cant say hes not getting more impressive with each game!

I don't think he is getting stick, just pointing out he has too many dodgy moments.

Him playing next with these two will hopefully only improve his judgement.

In all fairness Taylor of all people shouldnt be getting stick.Hes still a young lad and you cant say hes not getting more impressive with each game!

I don't think he is getting stick, just pointing out he has too many dodgy moments.

Him playing next with these two will hopefully only improve his judgement.

You could point out dodgy moments with every player!every player makes mistakes and Taylor makes fewer than most newcastle defenders have done in the past.

Also I believe saying that hes out on the pitch to show to all his school mates  who beat him that hes tough is giving him stick dont ya think?

well, opinions will differ but I'm really gonna stick my neck out with Cacapa and say I fully expect him to be the rock we've lacked since Woodgate left

Well thats you and Allardyce so far. Anyone else want to stick their neck out?  :lol:

The thing with Allardyce's Free/cheap signings that he made, is that for every N'Gotty, Djorkaeff & Campo, there's a Cesar, Jardel & Fadiga.

The thing with Ferguson's very expensive signings that he made, is that for every Ronaldo, Rooney & Ferdinand, there's a Veron...

The thing with Wenger's expensive signings that he made, is that for every Henry, Vieira & Anelka, there's a Jeffers...

You get my point. ;)

The thing with Allardyce's Free/cheap signings that he made, is that for every N'Gotty, Djorkaeff & Campo, there's a Cesar, Jardel & Fadiga.

The thing with Ferguson's very expensive signings that he made, is that for every Ronaldo, Rooney & Ferdinand, there's a Veron...

The thing with Wenger's expensive signings that he made, is that for every Henry, Vieira & Anelka, there's a Jeffers...

You get my point. ;)

You make a great point there, Dave.

I just cant imagine our Jeffers, or Veron.

Who do you reckon they will be? Wild guess for me is Enrique, not backing him to fail, but it will be tough on him to be a success here if you ask me, just comparing with how tough it is for most players who come from La Liga, Reyes/Luque stuck in my head, hope he does well though, best of luck to him.

bloody hell.. he hasnt even stepped on the pitch yet and some of u r already giving him stick.

i get the feeling that these r the same ppl who complained when we wernt signing any defenders.

lets get this sorted:

1) hes a defender

2) experienced in champ league

3) captained his club for 5 years

i 4 one am not going 2 go out n say that hes going 2 be immense.. im just saying tht, looking at his credentials, it would be wise 4 every1 to wait until the lad's played before dissmissing him.

You get my point. ;)

You make a great point there, Dave.

I just cant imagine our Jeffers, or Veron.

Who do you reckon they will be? Wild guess for me is Enrique, not backing him to fail, but it will be tough on him to be a success here if you ask me, just comparing with how tough it is for most players who come from La Liga, Reyes/Luque stuck in my head, hope he does well though, best of luck to him.

Luque hey hey

bloody hell.. he hasnt even stepped on the pitch yet and some of u r already giving him stick.

i get the feeling that these r the same ppl who complained when we wernt signing any defenders.

lets get this sorted:

1) hes a defender

2) experienced in champ league

3) captained his club for 5 years

i 4 one am not going 2 go out n say that hes going 2 be immense.. im just saying tht, looking at his credentials, it would be wise 4 every1 to wait until the lad's played before dissmissing him.

No, no. no.

What some of us were saying is that saying "he'll be immense, he's total class" is as bad as the 'giving him stick' that you claim is happening (even though it's not).

i 4 1 am not going 2 go out n say that hes going 2 be immenz.im just sayin tht,looking at his credz,it wud be wise 4 every1 to wait until the lad's played be4 dissmissing him.

FYP!

Guest Ridzuan

Havnt see much of him playing during his days with Lyon to be honest,but being the captain of the club,he should have a lot of great experience and Im sure he will perform well for us.Well at least that  is what Im hoping for.

No, no. no.

What some of us were saying is that saying "he'll be immense, he's total class" is as bad as the 'giving him stick' that you claim is happening (even though it's not).

??? i think i get what ur saying (could'v been better phrased.. or maybe i didnt have a gd enough sleep last night) i do believe that ppl are giving him a hard time tho, already doubting his ability, his age, and dissmising him as a squad player before he's even  kicked a ball. i say that we give him a chance 2 settle in.. n if hes another bramble-> then u can have a go at him.

ppl who r saying he is 'total class' need 2 wait until he's played a bit in the premiership tbh. i dont think its "as bad" as giving him stick tho.. rather be encouraged than doubted

What an ugly cunt that Faye is.

Nice....

Don't quite get why you posted that gem in this thread like... :dontknow:

Me either, and i dont understand why it would matter how a football player looks, specially one who will be playing for Newcastle united this season..

Would'nt mind if Frankenstein was our left back, so long as he did a good job.

Guest David Kelly

Cacapa has had over a year of injury problems, and found difficulty getting into the Lyon team.

As I understand it he didn't play much last year simply because he wouldn't sign a new contract so their president fell out with him and didn't want GH to play him.

Before that he was their captain and rock at the back.  I haven't seen him much but that's certainly what he looked like when I did.

From what I know of how we played on Saturday there would be no need to change the defence (apart from playing Enrique if he ready) so I wouldn't be putting Cacapa in.  But I do think that when he does get in he could be a massive player for us.  Of course some players don't adapt to our league and that could happen here but from what I know of him I am quite confident he can make the transition.

Stop the text-speak please, it's irritating as f***. This is a forum, not a mobile phone.

sry  :shifty:

No but seriously its much faster and everyone gets whats being said.. i dont really see the problem

It's annoying. :hmm:

Stop the text-speak please, it's irritating as f***. This is a forum, not a mobile phone.

sry  :shifty:

No but seriously its much faster and everyone gets whats being said.. i dont really see the problem

Faster? How? :lol: And what exactly are you going to do with those extra.......10 seconds on your life? :lol:

And aslong as he takes to the PL I think he will be the experinced CB we've needed for a long time...