Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

missed most of the last 15 mins due to jittery pixelled screen but from what i saw, i think the key for next half will be getting martins more involved.

at the start rozy looked shaky, losing out on three challenges with agbonlahor and young, carr wasn't coping with their pace, tho zoggy was a bit better. taylor had a few tight shaky moments but came out on top in everything he did. smith was anonymous at first and looks a few yards off the pace, as does viduka who is dropping very deep, this means when we move forward quickly there's not enough presence in the box. would like to see smith push forward more, which to his credit he started doing. butt and geremi have covered well imo, tho some of butt's more ambitious passing has been weak. milner is playing well tho i don't really think crossing from the touchline really fits with the team out there today.

Zogbia seems to be finding loads of space on the left and he has the ability to beat the full back and get a cross in. YET he opts to run towards the middle and loose the ball. Insanity. You need to make better decisions Zoggy!

It is time to change our moans about defenders I think we have enough defenders now at the club what we need is creative midfelder in this football club. 

No, we've got Emre returning from injury. I can really see him doing great in this 4-3-3

It is time to change our moans about defenders I think we have enough defenders now at the club what we need is creative midfelder in this football club. 

No, we've got Emre returning from injury. I can really see him doing great in this 4-3-3

Yeah he'll be lovely spinning around in circles

I think the formation looks good. I wouldn't change it.

Zoggy doesn't use the ball well, and Butt's passing isn't great, but there are better players waiting to come in, so long term it's not a worry.

I don't know why people are picking on Carr again. He's doing okay.

We

Need

A

Better

Right

Back.

But in all seriousness, because Viduka isn't winning the balls in the air, and not bothering to link up(apart from that one through pass to Milner), we aren't exploiting the pace of Martins. Even with a Geremi, Butt, Smith midfield, if we have a solid centre, with Viduka linking up with Martin's pace, and Milner's crosses out wide, then we should be very dangerous. We're just not playing our strengths at the moment.

We need Owen

Yeah since we're not totally convincing in attack, if we don't start really pressuring them with conviction in the second half and we keep attacking 'hopefully' then it might be a great move to bring Owen on who can poach a goal out of nowhere.