Walsall youth team player dies

NSG

I'd Imagine it was a heart defect of some sort happened to a good friend of mine in the army perfectly fit then drops down dead after a bit of light training a real shame but such is life, poor lads family R.I.P

Guest guinness_fiend

If his death was caused by an aneurysm, it would have been instantaneous and he would have been dead before he hit the ground.  Hopefully that was the case and he at least died doing something that he loved.

I hate reading stories like this :(

RIP mate. 

when i was 16 i had a friend, of the same age, die in a car crash.. its really tragic going at that age; when you have dreams of glory that will go unfulfilled... remember going to my friends funeral and seeing the absolute sorrow on his family's face, must be awfully hard.

my heart goes out to the lad and his family.. rest in peace

If his death was caused by an aneurysm, it would have been instantaneous and he would have been dead before he hit the ground.  Hopefully that was the case and he at least died doing something that he loved.

I hate reading stories like this :(

RIP mate. 

An anneurysm is much less likely than hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

In neither case would he be dead before he hit the ground, that simply wouldn't happen without some direct damage to brain or spinal cord. He may have lost consciousness though.

Just made my already depressing day at work even more so.

Absolutely sickening news, my heart goes out to the lads family and friends.

R.I.P.