The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

Another that slightly annoys me :On the day - A phrase used by those associated with the team that has lost a match to imply that things might well go differently on another day, as in, "They [the winning team] were the stronger team on the day."

Another that slightly annoys me :On the day - A phrase used by those associated with the team that has lost a match to imply that things might well go differently on another day, as in, "They [the winning team] were the stronger team on the day."

"We weren't at the races". blueyes.gif

Guest Hodgson09

What about Tommy Smith, the auld onion bag on ESPN. He really pisses me off. I remember it was an FA cup match we were playing a while ago and you would swear we had two Dyers on the field, one as a striker and the other at rightback. I didn't think Carr could be mistaken for Dyer, but I was wrong.

He also talks a load of shit. The worst commentator I have heard. Oh and what is the current theme with having Americans commentate on matches, they suck, and their accents really fucking annoy me.

The only other thing I hate is the whole on another day that would of went in, we would have won etc. Well they aren't playing on another day, they are playing today.

That is shocking. Nice work finding that, Wullie.

I love "I just want people who are commiitted to the football club to stay and work at the football club"

LISTEN TO YOURSELF, SAMMY LEE, YOU TOAD-FACED TARD, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

*twitches*

What about Tommy Smith, the auld onion bag on ESPN. He really pisses me off. I remember it was an FA cup match we were playing a while ago and you would swear we had two Dyers on the field, one as a striker and the other at rightback. I didn't think Carr could be mistaken for Dyer, but I was wrong.

He also talks a load of shit. The worst commentator I have heard. Oh and what is the current theme with having Americans commentate on matches, they suck, and their accents really fucking annoy me.

The only other thing I hate is the whole on another day that would of went in, we would have won etc. Well they aren't playing on another day, they are playing today.

:D

Have to agree with every single line in there.

It has always really, really annoyed me when football managers, whilst talking about the game, refer to "the football club" rather than "the club", in some kind of misguided attempt to appear deep and intelligent.

Example usage: "I want players here who want to play for the football club". Like we didn't know what kind of club they meant ....

I always considered Stuart Pearce to be the worst (although both MON and SA are occasional offenders), but today I've seen two interviews with Sammy 'Championship' Lee, where he uses the term about 12 times.

Is he the least intelligent manager in the league?

yes, he's stupid, can see it a mile off

I have a hatred for those who say 'your Gerrards, your Terrys of this world' etc. >:(

I've only just seen this post of yours Dave, and I have got to say...so do I!

One of my biggest pet hates...my flesh crawls whenever I hear the likes of Hansen, Lawrenson or any of the two-bit rentagobs banging on about "your Newcastles, your Aston Villas or your Joey Bartons"...

:rant: Boils my blood.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44803.msg999278#msg999278 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
"He's been injured for close to five months and he's still injured. Our only concern is getting Michael (Ballack) back fit to start playing, initially for Chelsea and then for Germany.

"It was unclear and is still unclear when he will be available to return to play football and we as a football club, which is medical team and football club in general, took a decision with regards to his inclusion in the Champions League squad."

:laugh:

My pet hate...

It was always going wide

Well, duh. Unless theres a deflection of course its either always going wide.

"It was in from the moment it left his foot"

Erm, no. It was in from the moment it crossed the line. Unless, for some stange coincidence, his foot was exactly on the line and within a moment of striking the ball, it crossed the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Read a good description of what he looks like in a Bolton match report.  I knew he didn't look right in a suit, but couldn't put my finger on what he looked like til I read it - they said he looks like a small child at a wedding whose been dressed up in a suit for the day.  I think the exact description was something like "Lee stands in front of the dugout like a small child in his suit at a wedding, stood by himself outside of the reception while the adults all around him engage in drink and conversation." :lol:

Read a good description of what he looks like in a Bolton match report.  I knew he didn't look right in a suit, but couldn't put my finger on what he looked like til I read it - they said he looks like a small child at a wedding whose been dressed up in a suit for the day.  I think the exact description was something like "Lee stands in front of the dugout like a small child in his suit at a wedding, stood by himself outside of the reception while the adults all around him engage in drink and conversation." :lol:

class

i hate it when you hear about people and websites referring to us as "the st james park outfit", and theres "the anfield outfit", "the goodisson outfit".... annoys me because there must be some poor chelsea fan wondering why lampard or drogba scored for "the stamford bridge outfit" when he knows that they play for chelsea ;D

Guest Knightrider

Brummie you bastard, I now pick up all the little 'twitches' of every manager. Jol always looks down, Rafa always says "you know" and Hutching just trembles when speaking, as if he's nervous. :lol:

Brummie you bastard, I now pick up all the little 'twitches' of every manager. Jol always looks down, Rafa always says "you know" and Hutching just trembles when speaking, as if he's nervous. :lol:

Hutchings is a cunt.

When he talks he stops are the end of ever sentence, pauses, takes a breath and then continues. Its so annoying.

Watch out for MON pushing his glasses up his nose, a bit like Woody Allen does.