Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

impressed by cacapa... bloody hell, this should've been a win.

"Yes, we must never concede a goal ever again, anything less is just a shambles. "

would be nice to have a few minutes with the lead like, without losing concentration 2 minutes after..

am i not allowed to be infuriated that we can seem to defend when we're ahead

We're away from home, and we're not playing Bolton.  Arca took a chance and it paid off, I guess I'm still thinking a bit more long term.

ah didn't realise we can't criticise players away from home

Guest firetotheworks

Today and last week show just why Alan Smith should never have been signed

Moan, moan fucking moan. Change the record man!

Guest NUFCGator

Should've had three points today. I can only hope we start the same back four in the next match, Cacapa looks great back there, certainly better defense in the center than anyone else I've seen back there so far. We really need to change formations to strengthen the midfield as Viduka will never be played to his strength with balls coming over the top instead of to his feet. 442 next week anyone?

didnt look good today, but i think everyone just lacked creativity

thing is at the end he had the ball in space just outside boro's box, the situation attacking midfielders revel in, and he didn't have a clue what to do with the ball, and ended up senselessly charging into a defender, which is basically all he does all game. he's not by any stretch of the imagination a midfielder, and he looked good up front for england so i think it is mistake not playing him in his natural position.

s**** game, but in Caçapa and Rozenhal we finally have a pair of decent centre backs.

Hopefully Enrique doesn't disappoint.

How come Smith looks postive and inventive for England, but just wants to kick lumps out of people and shout at the ref for us?

Moan, moan f****** moan. Change the record man!

Change it to what we threw away two points and cant pass a ball

Smith is rubbish

Very harsh given it's only his 3rd competitive game for us.

4-4-2 it is, then...?

We did look a bit better second half, but I don't think we played 4-4-2, as there was no width on the right and there were still three defensive central midfielders on the pitch. At least we are difficult to play against away from home. I'm not too disheartened after this match, although for a moment it felt like we won it..

Not great again, probably better than the Villa game, Viduka showed his class not celebrating rather than being a cunt like Mido. Cacapa looked superb, I know we have to give him a chance but Smith was non existent again today. I really dont like Butt, can't wait until Emre and Barton are back.

I was annoyed to see Martins go off, thought Viduka should have gone off, although I guess I was proven wrong. I guess 2-2 away from home isn't a bad result, not too much we could have done about the goals really.

Good result to be honest.  Feels frustrating since we failed to defend a lead, but the quality of their attacking play was better than ours and 2-2 was fair enough.  The midfield situation is become a worry and we need to find a way to organize up front and use Martins, Owen & Viduka properly.  Additionally, we need MUCH better set pieces.

Positives include our defending, which was once again very good especially given the injuries and our lack of posession.  Zoggy has become a very able left-back, Viduka got a goal, and it's also nice to have a manager who is capable of adjusting his tactics with the game.