Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

We should play Enrique left back and move N'Zogbia to the wing next game and definately drop Milner. He's the one who always picks the ball up with the most space to run it into but never does anything with it. Frustrating as f***.

Milner was poor today but thats complete and utter bollocks! He is often the only outlet we have!

I bet you were sitting there tugging away everytime N'Zog tried to take on 6 players and lost the ball though.

N'Zog was a light year ahead of Milner today and if you can't see the difference in quality between the two players you had better give up tugging yourself tbh.

I was pointing out how one player will get nothing but praise no matter how much he does! Scored a fantastic goal and put in at least one quality cross so he pissed all over Milner today but he still has a big problem trying to do too much, losing it which leads to us being under pressure again.

You wont see this though because Milner is s**** and N'Zog is just the greatest little player ever! Apparently....

Really? I can't recall anyone saying that. Milner isn't good enough for a first team place at a club aiming to achieve something though. N'Zogbia could be. Both are decent squad players.

Cant be arsed to get into another Milner debate but he is good enough for us at the moment. He is far far far away from being our worst player but for some reason he seems to be the current scapegoat for some.

Disagree. I would prefer we actually stood a chance of achieving something. We're not going to with that sort of quality as a first teamer.

Bollocks.

So those achieving are fighting themselves to buy him? Good squad player Jon, not good enough for a team aspiring to better things. You need to let your head rule your heart on this one.

The old "there arent better clubs after him" shite, which you wouldn't know anyway. Owen was available for £9m earlier this summer but no-one came in for him, is he not good enough either?

At this time Milner is clearly good enough for us, there are a fair few players in the first 11 who aren't any better than him so unless we are signing another 11 player soon he is good enough.

I think the right balance for 4-3-3 with the players we have in our squad would be:

----------------------------------Given------------------------

New Right Back---Cacapa-------Rozehnal-----Enrique

-----------------Geremi---------------Emre-------------------

-----------------------------Barton-----------------------------

--------Duff-----------------Viduka----------N'Zogbia-------

Obviously this means leaving Martins and Owen out of the team which will cause problems. It's up to Sam to find the right balance. Maybe train the players to play different formations and use them accordingly. 4-4-2 at home 4-3-3 (as above) away maybe. I think we have some good options though with everyone fit.

Other than Smith or Butt for Emre, I'd agree with that. Not convinced by Emre. Some will blame the managers etc for his poor showings so far, I prefer to blame the player.

From what I saw today I'd have Butt ahead of Geremi and Barton a shoe-in for Smith, welcome back Emre.

Yeah that's a possibility. I guess I just picked Geremi cos he's the captain.

We should play Enrique left back and move N'Zogbia to the wing next game and definately drop Milner. He's the one who always picks the ball up with the most space to run it into but never does anything with it. Frustrating as f***.

Milner was poor today but thats complete and utter bollocks! He is often the only outlet we have!

I bet you were sitting there tugging away everytime N'Zog tried to take on 6 players and lost the ball though.

N'Zog was a light year ahead of Milner today and if you can't see the difference in quality between the two players you had better give up tugging yourself tbh.

I was pointing out how one player will get nothing but praise no matter how much he does! Scored a fantastic goal and put in at least one quality cross so he pissed all over Milner today but he still has a big problem trying to do too much, losing it which leads to us being under pressure again.

You wont see this though because Milner is s**** and N'Zog is just the greatest little player ever! Apparently....

Really? I can't recall anyone saying that. Milner isn't good enough for a first team place at a club aiming to achieve something though. N'Zogbia could be. Both are decent squad players.

Cant be arsed to get into another Milner debate but he is good enough for us at the moment. He is far far far away from being our worst player but for some reason he seems to be the current scapegoat for some.

Disagree. I would prefer we actually stood a chance of achieving something. We're not going to with that sort of quality as a first teamer.

Bollocks.

So those achieving are fighting themselves to buy him? Good squad player Jon, not good enough for a team aspiring to better things. You need to let your head rule your heart on this one.

The old "there arent better clubs after him" shite, which you wouldn't know anyway. Owen was available for £9m earlier this summer but no-one came in for him, is he not good enough either?

At this time Milner is clearly good enough for us, there are a fair few players in the first 11 who aren't any better than him so unless we are signing another 11 player soon he is good enough.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with Dijon. Milner is a good player and is more than good enough for us atm.

At least he looks like he's dangerous at some point in most games - we can't ask much more than that for where we are right now.

Bollocks.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with Dijon. Milner is a good player and is more than good enough for us atm.

At least he looks like he's dangerous at some point in most games - we can't ask much more than that for where we are right now.

Cheers :lol:

i'm a bit disapointed having lead twice and not won, but at the end of the day, we have a new manager and so many new signings playing a new system that we cant expect miracles. its very positive that we're unbeaten and that viduka got his first for us, obviously we need some creativity in midfield but i've got high hopes for barton and who knows we may even get a nice surprise transfer next week.

calm down lads, under roeder or souness we'd have been lucky to get 1 point from these three games, nevermind 5, early days man, early days.

Guest Kenton Magpie

To be fair to Mido, it seemed like our fans were singing Mido is a paedo for half the game!

Midfield three is like trying to cut a tree down with a pair of scissors.

he's paid enough and old enough to be able to handle that sort of stick without acting like a complete dick

Everyone fucked up, Viduka was fucking shit aside from that well taken goal, Martins was full of empty running, Owen did nothing, our defence looked fucked, and we drew against a team that have Mido as their best player, thats  really fucking annoying..not to mention the ex-Mackams player who ended Shearer's career gets to score.

I think i am heading to the Gym now..its either that or choose someone to take my frustration out on him..

Everyone f***** up, Viduka was f****** s*** aside from that well taken goal, Martins was full of empty running, Owen did nothing, our defence looked f*****, and we drew against a team that have Mido as their best player, thats  really f****** annoying..not to mention the ex-Mackams player who ended Shearer's career gets to score.

I think i am heading to the Gym now..its either that or choose someone to take my frustration out on him..

Agree with ya there!Viduka,Owen and Martins were terrible!But I think our defense wos Good besides Ramage who wos shit!Feels like a loss though,conceded the goals too quickly after we scored!Also Butt wos awful again,hes a shocking passer!Didnt think Smith wos great either!but capaca looked really good and Zog wos excellent

Cacapa was class. Taylor also played well at RB. Our CBs should be Cacapa and Rozehnal with Taylor at RB.

Disappointed that we concede goals twice, and right after we score.

Taylor is too slow, he doesn't get forward and his passing isn't good enough to play right-back.  There's nothing wrong with having three central defenders at the club.  We can rotate.

What we need is a quality right-back or a creative midfielder that would allow Geremi to swap positions.

Just got in, disappointed with a point having scored when we did, but a draw was a fair result over 90 minutes. Very disappointing to drop the lead twice, it was obviously coming too, we just let our concentration levels drop after we scored, it's something that's been a problem for longer than this season.

Harper - helpless for the goals, made a fantastic save from Arca first half

Carr - blessing for him to be crocked. RB please (not Johnson!)

Taylor - his fault for Mido-phile's goal, should have dealt with it better

Rozehnal - still looks good

N'Zogbia - top drawer, even as LB he's one of our most potent threats - and what a fucking strike

Butt - did alright

Geremi - not great, why do good set piece takers seem to go to pot when they join NUFC?

Smith - not a midfielder, achieves very little in there

Martins - clearly not happy in this system, neutralizes the good things about his game

Milner - did some good things but lacked product, summed up by his wonderful touch between defenders second half only to waste the space with a tame shot

Viduka - can't believe the amount of people saying he was poor. Immense even when he had two or three players kicking lumps out of him at a time and scored a typical Vids goal - made his own space in no space at all and finished well

Cacapa - looked impressive

Ramage - still shite

Owen - thought he was going to repeat his flick against Brazil in 2002 but it wasn't to be

What people should remember before knee-jerking again is Boro always up their game for the big ones - got results against all of the Big 4 last season at the Riverside, and this game is arguably their biggest of the season. We're still unbeaten and we're 7th with a game in hand. I'll take that. What we really need is to start winning those home games.

from nufcblog.com:

"On 72 minutes Owen comes on for Oba Martins, who doesn’t look too happy to be coming off, and Martins heads straight down the tunnel to the dressing room."

Of course he did, Sam always has the players go straight down the tunnel to get checked out.

Everyone fucked up, Viduka was fucking shit aside from that well taken goal, Martins was full of empty running, Owen did nothing, our defence looked fucked, and we drew against a team that have Mido as their best player, thats  really fucking annoying..not to mention the ex-Mackams player who ended Shearer's career gets to score.

You are THAT hard I am thinking of cancelling my internet connection  :weep:

You are THAT hard I am thinking of cancelling my internet connection  :weep:

mackems.gif

I know paedophilia isnt really a laughing matter, but i thought mido took 'mido is a paedo' a bit personally.  It was inevitable as soon as the connection was made

Is he really though? Just curious. Honest.