Today. Will people be happy with just getting a win?

Parky

The team is in the early stages of learning how to play together etc..

But I suspect a dour 1-0 will leave a lot of us dissapointed.... And I for one want to see us  try and play more intelligently and some good movement.

God forbid 0-0.

:knuppel2:

Guest Ridzuan

Yup I would be happy with just getting a win.Of course if we win by more than 1 goal,it would be great but I think the important thing is to get the 3 points on the board.

Only 1-0, but very much a quality display!

Should be against this lot with 10 men tbh. Otherwise I would be worried. Big plus for me was how stuck at it and the players were very positive on the ball and looking up all the time. Worried by the lack of a genuine creative player/hub. We nearly didn't break them down today and we will struggle against better sides to make chances. But not bothered at the moment and happy with the points. :smitten:

I think the new manager/owners and players have probably raised expectations too highly in recent weeks.

Newcastle fans for the three seasons prior would have been absolutely delighted to see the team apply constant pressure without ever looking in defensive difficulty.

I think the run of goalless home games has had a huge bearing on the performances against Villa and Wigan today. From what I was hearing on Sky, it was like we were trying too hard to break the duck.

Now that hoodoo has been lifted I can foresee more goals flowing because there is no doubt we created plenty of cracking openings today.

Great for Owens confidence as well.

Yes, I AM happy. Plenty teams don't do it against a 10 man team.

Wigan battled well, but I always thought we'd score. Sometimes you just KNOW. This was one of those days.

The goal-less home run is over, and unlikely to reappear - just remember who was manager for most of them, and realize WHY.

I'd really like to see Sam trying a 4-4-2 with Martins and Owen up front one game, keeping the ball on the deck as much as possible.

When Barton is fit again (match fit).

................Martins.........Owen...............

_

|                                   

Zog........Barton.......Form DM.......Milner

_|   

Enrique.......Roz.......Cacapa.........Beye

..................Form Keeper......................

Against teams like Wigan today it should rip them apart. I'm happy with the 1-0 of today, knowing it could have easilly been much more.       

Should be against this lot with 10 men tbh. Otherwise I would be worried. Big plus for me was how stuck at it and the players were very positive on the ball and looking up all the time. Worried by the lack of a genuine creative player/hub. We nearly didn't break them down today and we will struggle against better sides to make chances. But not bothered at the moment and happy with the points. :smitten:

We didn't break them down? We had 3 clear-cut 'should have been a goal' chances in the first half and plenty more in the second when they decided to defend with 10 men. We're just not finishing well atm, which is down to our strikers not being sharp enough. There's no problem with a lack of chances being created.

We didn't break them down? We had 3 clear-cut 'should have been a goal' chances in the first half and plenty more in the second when they decided to defend with 10 men. We're just not finishing well atm, which is down to our strikers not being sharp enough. There's no problem with a lack of chances being created.

18 shots today, doesn't really scream LACK OF CREATIVITY to me. Plus we still are waiting for our "creative" midfielders to play.

18 shots today, doesn't really scream LACK OF CREATIVITY to me. Plus we still are waiting for our "creative" midfielders to play.

Exactly. We don't need Ronaldinho to break down the likes of Wigan, Derby, Boro etc. We created a fuckload of chances today and anyone who says we shouldn't have scored at least 3 or 4 was watching a different game. If you want to see a team currently suffering from being unable to create chances, tune in to the game at Old Trafford and see Manyoo midfielders take pot shots at Craig Gordon.