Derby, worse than...

The Bonk

Away to Spurs was the worst.  Spurs' strikers had about 10 yards of space every time the ball was in Derby's half.  Should have been about 10-0.  Never seen defending like it in the Prem.

If we don't beat this team something is seriously wrong.

Worst team i've ever seen in a long time, they are clueless and their player look like they are being forced  to play, every time i see them it reminds of the level of football played here (In the Middle fucking east), if they don't improve then they have a big chance of breaking Sunderlands recored.

Harper

Taylor        Cacapa      Rozehnal      Zoggy

Butt

Geremi

Smith                                          Milner

Martins

Owen

C'mon the boys!

they got their act together in the first game where they tied with a very good portsmouth team but against the scouse they were terrible-  intimidation playing a role perhaps?

doubt we'll hammer them (2 nil i think) but it should be  certain 3 points; especially since villa, one of our serious competition for europe, beat chelski yesterday.

If no injuries on international duty...

Given

Taylor Cacapa Rozehnal Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi N'Zogbia

Martins Ameobi

Subs:

Harper

Beye

Barton

Owen

Viduka

Reason for dropping Owen is he's just recovered from an injury and he will no doubt play 180 mins for England. Probably best not to burn him out. Martins also deserves to start IMO.

Ameobi deserbes a run out as well I reckon. Played well against Barnsley and Wigan. Deserves at least 45 mins to see what he can do.

Given

Martins Ameobi

Subs:

Harper

Beye

Barton

Owen

Viduka

Reason for dropping Owen is he's just recovered from an injury and he will no doubt play 180 mins for England. Probably best not to burn him out. Martins also deserves to start IMO.

Ameobi deserbes a run out as well I reckon. Played well against Barnsley and Wigan. Deserves at least 45 mins to see what he can do.

The reason for not starting beye in taylors place is?

Given

Martins Ameobi

Subs:

Harper

Beye

Barton

Owen

Viduka

The reason for not starting beye in taylors place is?

International break - two games in a foreign continent, resulting in jet lag (Yes I know Martins and Geremi will also have done this, but with Barton still recovering we need Geremi, and Martins has earned his place). He's also not used to our league yet and barely knows any of the players at all. Totally not fitting in with Sam's policy of gradually phasing the players who are new to this country into the team. He'll be an automatic choice comfortably I reckon but, like Enrique, I can see him not playing a lot of games for his first month at the club.

I would expect a reaction from them following a hammering against liverpool. Their gameplan may well be to frustrate us and play for a draw. With our lack of creativity this could well happen. As usual I imagine there will be massive build up and expectation of us to destroy them, then when it doesn't happen some peoples heads will explode on here saying oh my god we didnt beat derby allardyce out - just the way things go with following newcastle!

Wait until we play them before jumping to conclusions about the result - we have a notably bad record against teams like this and esp after they've just had a pasting.....

I just hope Sam instills more professionalism into the side than we have displayed when playing similar sides in the past....!

What a stupid time to make a thread like this.

Yes, because both sets of players will be reading this. :lol:

I'm reading it, and dreading having to re-read all these over confident assumptions that we will walk all over them, away from home. Really hope we do, obviously, but this is tempting fate in the most horrific manner.

I don't think it was intended to turn into a pre match thread, just pointing out how shite Derby are.

Why point out how shite they are just before we play them? If we hammer them, then we can relax and take the piss. It's just asking for egg on face tbh.

My prediction? 0-8 toon :o