Steven Taylor rejects new contract; Liverpool preparing £5m bid?

magorific
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taylor has 'AVERAGE' written all over him.

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the s*** his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

Worst post ever tbh :undecided:

Most accurate post in this thread.

Taylor will be 4th choice central defender after Cacapa, Rozy and Faye.

He fucked up at Boro for their 1st and ddn't he fuck up v Villa but got out of jail? 2 bad mistakes in 4 games - 1 punished the other not.

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

He f***** up at Boro for their 1st and ddn't he f*** up v Villa but got out of jail? 2 bad mistakes in 4 games - 1 punished the other not.

You ask a question, then present it as a fact. How did Taylor fuck up v Villa?

He f***** up at Boro for their 1st and ddn't he f*** up v Villa but got out of jail? 2 bad mistakes in 4 games - 1 punished the other not.

You ask a question, then present it as a fact. How did Taylor fuck up v Villa?

Ok then, lets think of Pompey away towards the end of last season.

Taylor did keep the ball too long against Villa which led to him losing it and us being under pressure.

Against the smogs he went down too early and it cost us a goal, that said Woodgate (or hero as he may aswell be called round here sometimes) got too tight to Viduka, got out muscled and then let him get a shot away.

All defenders make mistakes, Taylor certainly doesn't make Bramble type errors very often he just makes the wrong decision which isn't exactly rare for a young defender.

His wage should equal what Milner and Zog are getting.

The views on Taylor on this board are hilarious - one half saying he's the next John Terry the other saying hes not fit to lace titus bramble's boots! Why does everything with Newcastle have to be so black and white? When we win we are 'gonna win the league' then when we lose we "are going down with the mackems", it gets ridiculous at times!

30,00 a week? 40,000 a week?

Isn't this the type of money Berbatov is on at Spurs? What are people takling about on here? The most I would give Taylor is £15,000 a week. He has achieved nothing in the game. Always been more of a showman who plays to the crowd, I just have never been able to take him seriously in a way. Is he really a no nonsense hard nosed defender? Not in my opinion. People constantly compare him to Terry, but he doesn't have the aggression and fight in him at all. Just has a similar build that's it ...

Let me tell you something Onuoha and Richards at Man City are real no nonsense defenders who are both far better than Taylor at this point in my opinion. It was Onuoha I constantly saw doing everything in the under 21s but due to Taylors gallant play on one foot Oscar performance he got all the plaudits. Onuoha's quiet personality meant he wasn't even mentioned.

The views on Taylor on this board are hilarious - one half saying he's the next John Terry the other saying hes not fit to lace titus bramble's boots! Why does everything with Newcastle have to be so black and white? When we win we are 'gonna win the league' then when we lose we "are going down with the mackems", it gets ridiculous at times!

:boomboom:

Can I just add that it is awesome to finally have a real manager in charge!

If Roeder was still here we would have given Taylor a £100,000 a week deal and got rid of Zoggy and maybe even Milner!

Even if Sam does see somethign in him, I think this is a brillaint mvoe as it makes Taylor really think about how good he really is and how good he really wants to be. A lot of love being thrown his way at the moment with the under 21 lovefest from the media and the full England cap. A little knockback won't be a bad thing at all.

Taylor definitely needs to show more desire and drive for me. He needs to dominate more and be more commanding. Push a few peple around out there. It's what every great defender does. I just don't see it in him ...

30,00 a week? 40,000 a week?

Isn't this the type of money Berbatov is on at Spurs? What are people takling about on here? The most I would give Taylor is £15,000 a week. He has achieved nothing in the game. Always been more of a showman who plays to the crowd, I just have never been able to take him seriously in a way. Is he really a no nonsense hard nosed defender? Not in my opinion. People constantly compare him to Terry, but he doesn't have the aggression and fight in him at all. Just has a similar build that's it ...

Let me tell you something Onuoha and Richards at Man City are real no nonsense defenders who are both far better than Taylor at this point in my opinion. It was Onuoha I constantly saw doing everything in the under 21s but due to Taylors gallant play on one foot Oscar performance he got all the plaudits. Onuoha's quiet personality meant he wasn't even mentioned.

I would suggest that when Spurs come to renegotiate a new contract with Berbatov, the conversation might be a short one if they offer him £40k a week.

I hope he hasn't been tapped up. I doubt he's asking for "John Terry wages", it might be that the club have taken his "geordie loyalty" for granted in an effort to trim the wage bill. Milner and Zog have just had new offers, I'd imagine he's comparing his to theirs.

I really hope this is sorted out. It just goes to show that while Sam's efforts to bring in experience and short term guarantees are commendable, the long term future of the club must be secured. To lose Taylor over this would set a very poor precedent for a club well known for its poor youth development. The only promising youngster we get coming through the academy in years and we blow it, we can't afford that.

Guest WalkervilleMag

trying to read between the lines,  he only wants a deal similar or the same as Zoggy and Milner have been given. If that is true, then I dont see any problem in that at all. 

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

If Roeder was still here we would have given Taylor a £100,000 a week deal and got rid of Zoggy and maybe even Milner!

Even if Sam does see somethign in him, I think this is a brillaint mvoe as it makes Taylor really think about how good he really is and how good he really wants to be. A lot of love being thrown his way at the moment with the under 21 lovefest from the media and the full England cap. A little knockback won't be a bad thing at all.

Taylor definitely needs to show more desire and drive for me. He needs to dominate more and be more commanding. Push a few peple around out there. It's what every great defender does. I just don't see it in him ...

I think you just sum up the qualities Taylor posses, where I would say his biggest weakness is a bit lack of composure.

Maybe some ppl should try to put themself in taylors shoes. Best defensive player all last season, always done his best, captein of u21 for england. And btw we dont know anything about the contract they put infront of him. But i guess 20-30K would i demand if i were him, with posibility to negotiate it after 2 year or so..

I think you just sum up the qualities Taylor posses, where I would say his biggest weakness is a bit lack of composure. intelligence.

Corrected for you mate.

really nice lad when i talked to him in Buffalo Joes

Give him a 20 year contract on £200k per week - anyone who speaks to Nobby in Buffalo Joes is indeed worthy.

Goes out drinking late at night, doesn't deserve a new contract. :wink: