African connection gives England win

Thespence

England's African connection of Nedum Onuoha, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Andrew Surman gave them a 3-0 European Under-21 Championship qualifying win at Montenegro.

Nigerian-born Manchester City defender Onuoha put England ahead after only four minutes while Agbonlahor - who is half-Nigerian - doubled the tally six minutes later.

South African-born Southampton midfielder Andrew Surman sealed with win in injury-time.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07092007/58/euro-2007-under-21-african-connection-gives-england-win.html

Not only are English born footballers finding it harder to get into Premiership teams due to foreign players, they are finding it hard to get into the England U21 team.

Guest optimistic nit

no one gives a shit about english born players anyway. the kickoff is about the demise of the english national team, not english born players not having the same oppertunites as other nationalities.

No one gives a fuck about Pitersen, Strauss and Panasar in the england cricket team, and why should they, because we'd be fucked without them. once foreigners who won't play for england start playing here we have a right strop though.

This is a bit racist of you isn't ?

I was going to say the same thing. Mine however, would have been a joke. I can't believe someone's actually said it.

It was supposed to be more of a joke/piss take but i kinda fucked it up by not using Morph's name :lol:

Fuck's sake. I was just about to post: "bet he comes back saying it was supposed to be a joke". Damn. :(

Fuck me. One post in, someone's played the racism card - something that happens with alarming rapidity all too often lately. Jesus. Anyway, if a player classes themselves as English I don't give a fuck about their heritage if they're up to the job :thup:

It's such an unimportant thing that I find it strange Eurosport even felt the need to mention it. If you'd told me we won 3-0 (forgot about the match tbh) and those were the scorers, the 'African connection' would be the last thing I'd think about.

It's such an unimportant thing that I find it strange Eurosport even felt the need to mention it. If you'd told me we won 3-0 (forgot about the match tbh) and those were the scorers, the 'African connection' would be the last thing I'd think about.

My main thought after reading the report was "who the fuck is Andrew Surman?" ???

My main thought after reading the report was "who the fuck is Andrew Surman?" ???

Followed by 'is he African?'? :lol:

Followed by 'is he African?'? :lol:

Followed by: "Ah well, at least one English player scored" <reads birthplace part> "Fuck, man." :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

Fuck me. One post in, someone's played the racism card - something that happens with alarming rapidity all too often lately. Jesus. Anyway, if a player classes themselves as English I don't give a fuck about their heritage if they're up to the job :thup:

racial enablers are not welcome in this forum.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

This is a bit racist of you isn't ?

It's not racism, not even ignorance if he's too blind to realise that Agbonlahor is English-born, Onuoha has lived here for most of his life and Surman has been here since he was 10.