Euro 2008

Kev

I can't see or hear the games here at work. Were they good goals, or simply a result of perfect passing and/or shoddy defense? i.e. was Owen just lucky to be in the right spot at the right time, or were they clinical strikes? The latter would bode well for the future.

I can't see or hear the games here at work. Were they good goals, or simply a result of perfect passing and/or shoddy defense? i.e. was Owen just lucky to be in the right spot at the right time, or were they clinical strikes? The latter would bode well for the future.

They were both great goals, but as it's Owen, and England, no doubt people on here will say they were shite.

First was a good corner, but slack marking. Ball landed at Owen's feet on the edge of the six-yard box. He kept his cool and slotted it home in off the post.

Second was a good flick on by Heskey finding Owen peeling off into space on the edge of the box. A cracking high volley took it over the keeper.

Alternatively, as this is N-O, they were shite*.

*Comment added to satisfy Shearergol. :razz:

First: corner was headed back to the taker, Barry, he crossed into a crowded area, missed everyone and landed at Owen's feet. Great first touch and then tucked it in off the post.

Second: long ball was nodded down by Heskey to Owen who was left free on the edge of the area. He let it bounce once and hammered it into the roof of the net from 18 yards.

First was a good corner, but slack marking. Ball landed at Owen's feet on the edge of the six-yard box. He kept his cool and slotted it home in off the post.

Second was a good flick on by Heskey finding Owen peeling off into space on the edge of the box. A cracking high volley took it over the keeper.

Alternatively, as this is N-O, they were s*****.

*Comment added to satisfy Shearergol. :razz:

Before you start ;) I didn't actually mean particularly on this board. TT is worse for the Owen bashing.

Always liked Barry. Always thought he had the all around skills to be a great midfielder. Finally O'Neil starts playing him there and he is proving himself as a quality central midfielder. Excellent player. He is the reason the ball is being played to feet the majority of the time. Just watch jis passes, always forward passes along the ground.

Incidently, we hear enough of the fact that Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, but I get the feeling that Terry and Ferdinand isn't the best partnership either.

EDIT: the reason Russia are causing the fullbacks problems is because SWP seems to have vanished, leaving Richards on his own. Milner would never do that ;)

Incidently, we hear enough of the fact that Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, but I get the feeling that Terry and Ferdinand isn't the best partnership either.

Terry and Ferdinand should work beautifully. One strong to charge things down, take control and get in faces, one better on the ball who can mop things up and bring the ball out.

Gerrard and Lampard are too similar in style IMO.

EDIT: the reason Russia are causing the fullbacks problems is because SWP seems to have vanished, leaving Richards on his own. Milner would never do that ;)

Although its the left hand side where Cole is, and the other Cole has disappeared.

Terry and Ferdinand should work beautifully. One strong to charge things down, take control and get in faces, one better on the ball who can mop things up and bring the ball out.

Gerrard and Lampard are too similar in style IMO.

Don't disagree with your post at all. They don't work well together though, which begs the question......

Although its the left hand side where Cole is, and the other Cole has disappeared.

Yep, both wingers have vanished, and Ashley Cole has turned into Ashley Peacock.