Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 17/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Same Old Newcastle.

Mid table finish again.

Mid table. A team that lost 2-0 to Birmingham at home? You're being extremely kind. It wasn't just the result, i don't think i've sat through more boring a game. We didn't even look as if we were going to create a chance, nevermind actually having a chance!

Early season optimism gone, then?

Lots of people need to realise just how far away from being a good team we are. It simply doesn't happen overnight.

Frustratingly rubbish tonight, all across the pitch, and worryingly off it, too.

Roll on next week and get this out of our minds.

:) Good post.

Smith was cluless the whole game...He is wasted in that position and I would rather have seen him in place of that useless (foul, offside) Ameobi...

I don't know about you guys but we absolutely have to play a 4-3-3 for me. I hate the way we look so vulnerable defensively when we have played this way. It's going to be especially hard for us to play well away from home in a 4-4-2.

Only because we were already in a mess and chasing the game though.

What on earth are you on about? We're playing 4-3-3 now and it's shocking.

Guest optimistic nit

On the bright side, Yorkie-Geordie has been watching this with his Derby fanatic uncle.

:lol: mackems.gif

poor lad.

Harper/Given

Beye Roz Cacapa Enrique

Milner Geremi Butt Zog]

Martins Owen

against west ham. we can't play smith or ameobi, and milner was terrible on the left today. zog needs a role further forward, as he's the only attacking mid i have any confidence in.

Guest Novocastrian

Some of the doom and gloom spouted in this thread is unnecessary mind, yes we lost (to a team who where always going to fight) but it's only 5 games in with a team who are still learning to play together ffs.

I admire your optimism but we have already been served up some dire fare already this season. Even after the 3-1 win at Bolton I was shocked during the highlights to see how many aimless long balls we played. You don't need a fancy football coaching badge to realise that the team tonight were totally lop sided with our two most dangerous wide men on the left (one left footed, one right footed) and a centre back and striker-cum-central-midfielder on the right!!!!!!!!!! >:(

He's got to get his team selection right, play your best players and play everyone in the right positions, I'm pretty sure this team would have done a lot better tonight:

Given (although Harps didn't do much wrong)

Beye  Cacapa  Rozy  Enrique (obviously if fit, who knows)

Milner  Geremi  Faye  Zoggy

Owen  Martins

I would like to make the following statements.

1) We missed Viduka

2) This was the first game played by Rozehnal and Cacapa in which the tempo was very high. They didn't look  comfortable. For this game, the experience of Taylor and Faye might have been better.

3) Derby had a game plan that had been rehearsed for over two weeks.

4) We didn't have much of a game plan (not much time).

5) Too many players not in their best position.

6) We have two effective attacking midfielders on the pitch, but we didn't use them.

7) Allardyce has been too loyal to some players. I'm expecting a full overhaul for the next game.

That was a fucking shit peformence, memorys of the Roeder and Souness era's, every single player was fucking clueless bar Milner and Taylor, Allardyce needs to realise that this is football not boxing, for fucks sake all our team has the creativiy of a retarded donkey, Digane Faye is playing in the middle, what the fuck is he supposed to do their, the guy only knows how the jump and tackle, Nickey Butt should never ever start a game for us again, he's been by far our worst player and offers nothing to our team other then random butt jokes, WE NEED CREATIVITY, we can't just "fight" our way to a win, Football isn't 90% heart, thats fucking Rugby.., Ameobi..how he is still playing first team football is beyond me, i wouldn't pick him ahead of my grandma...

Don't wanna bash Allardyce at his first defeat, but honestly, , we have an owner who have billions, i don't care how fucking great he "can be" if given time, if he dosn't realise that in order to score a goal you need to PASS THE FUCKING BALL rather then hoof it randomly in the air and hope maybe in might pop up in a goal scoring postion, that means he's no better than any other manager we had before..this is fucking Derby were talking about, if we can't beat them then its pretty much useless, Allardyce needs to sort it out asap

Now with that off my mind,  i think i had my daily recommended Kneejerk supply..watch us win all of our next games and win the league..

Please let this be Ameobi's last performance for us. I'd have enough of this shitty c***.

I love the way he look's around as if to say "did i do good" Thick cunt.

Im honestly considering taking a loan from the bank and put myself bankrupt and buy Ameobi and god know what i would do.

And i know it isn't just him whos been shit today. Almost all of the players were well below PL quality today. And i cannot understand some of Big Sams decisions this time..