Newcastle United 3 - 1 West Ham - 23/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 14

Dave

Harper - 7.5: Great saves by Harps

Beye-  7.5: A great first showing by the new lateral one. Liked the little run and cross in the first half

Rozenhal - 6.5: Lost a few headers but when he did lose them, he at least did enough to put off ashton. Deals with low crosses very well (the kind of crosses Titus would daisy cut into the net)

Cacapa 6.5: Steady showing from the samba man

Nzogbia 8.5: Crossing can be taught to milner. Once the bull slots in at left back, Zoggy is going to run riot.

Smith: 6.5 Plays better with more hair. Not all that effective in midfield but still gave a decent display. Played well up front at the end. If owen and viduka are out, i'd pair smithy with Oba. He couldnt do worse than  number 23.

Butt 7.5 : why did he not play like that against derby

Germei 7: See above , but to a lesser extent

Milner: 6.5 - Not quite jimmys day but 100% for effort

Owen 6 - Quiet

Viduka 9 - Absolute class. Great first touch, linked up the play superbly. Unplayable when in this kind of form. So effective when we play to his strengths and pass to his feet rather than aimless hoofs. Basically this performance was the complete opposite of Ameobi's against derby

Pretty poor first half but they came out and played excellent in the second half

the defence looked steady all game and beye looks very good already compared to carr and taylor at right back

Saw enough of martins in 30minutes for why he should be ahead of the 'dickhead' owen!

The little wanker can fuck off somewhere else for all im concerned

ovarall a good performance and n'zogbia proves why hes one of the best left footed players in the league  :smitten:

cant wait until enrique starts at left back with zoggy pushed up

Pretty poor first half but they came out and played excellent in the second half

the defence looked steady all game and beye looks very good already compared to carr and taylor at right back

Saw enough of martins in 30minutes for why he should be ahead of the 'dickhead' owen!

The little w****** can f*** off somewhere else for all im concerned

ovarall a good performance and n'zogbia proves why hes one of the best left footed players in the league  :smitten:

cant wait until enrique starts at left back with zoggy pushed up

for what reason does Owen deserve tha abuse?

I was actually surprised that Sam didnt bring Faye on at the back at HT to give us some aerial prowess.

dontthink we needed ariel power. just needed balance. Got that when erique came on.

You don't think Ashton winning every single header was important?

I was actually surprised that Sam didnt bring Faye on at the back at HT to give us some aerial prowess.

dontthink we needed ariel power. just needed balance. Got that when erique came on.

Ashton as an idividual is a good player ,however, Cole off him was barley a threat. I dont think there was any need to go more defensive, infact i was dissapointed when he dropped Smith back into midfield for the last 10.

Guest Knightrider

Hence dropping off in the second half. Playing Faye to combat that might have made it a battle between our defence and their attack. Instead by dropping off we successful expunged their attack and therefore won the war if you like, as opposed to the battle.

Anyone had a spy on KUMB?  They all seem to think "dey woz wobbed!"

Link us :D

this is the last page.....     http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94535&start=480

just that they thought they deserved at least a point, one says we were an "inferior team" and another says we were "fucking gash" for most of the game.

Dunno if it's me, but the 1st and second halves were mirror images of one another.  To be fair to them, they had us under the cosh and chasing the ball in the first, but in the second it was the other way round.

Being as least bias as possible, I really do think they're just bitter - we did deserve to win.

this is the last page.....     http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94535&start=480

just that they thought they deserved at least a point, one says we were an "inferior team" and another says we were "fucking gash" for most of the game.

Dunno if it's me, but the 1st and second halves were mirror images of one another.  To be fair to them, they had us under the cosh and chasing the ball in the first, but in the second it was the other way round.

Being as least bias as possible, I really do think they're just bitter - we did deserve to win.

I'd agree with that. Based on their play in the first half, I'd say they were looking more likely to win. But once we got the 2nd goal in, we turned the game around on them. They couldn't keep the pressure on, and we took full advantage and deserved what we got. To say we were inferior throughout the game smacks of sour grapes, but what else do you expect from Hammers fans?

I really hate West ham not quite as much as i hate spurs thou. Who do they think they are? They were in the championship a few seasons ago and last season they should of been relegated yet now they think its their divine right to goto places like SJP and walk away with an easy win.

I thought West ham were decent in the 1st half but we took control in the 2nd half.