Left Wing Head Ache

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like to be proven wrong on this, but Duff hasnt been good for the last 2 seasons, and is gonna miss a fair proportion of this.

Zoggy has played his best footy ever for the toon at the start of this season, and no way could he be dropped.

Baring in mind, in fairness, Duff won't be back for a while yet and we're not to know how well N'Zogbia is performing. Still, as i said in my first post, i don't hold out a lot of hope for Duff...

but you're basing your view of him on last season?

can't think of anyone who wasn't shite last season. i do rate duff and his addition will only be good news for the team as a whole

Was fucking shite last season, he wasn't on 'top form' - ever. What is this top form, btw? Season 04/05? He's been on the downfall since then, was God awful last season, is a year older, is a major injury worse off, blah blah. Plus, not only is he shite, he acts like a wanker on the pitch.

Not a player i hold hope out for.

As I know you hate Duff I realised you were on about him, but of course you could have been on about Zog at the start of your post.

As for your second last sentence...how exactly does he "act like a wanker on the pitch?"

Have you been drinking something you shouldn't have been?

Differences N'Zogbia as follows:

He was 19.

He had lost his father.

He was in a foreign country.

He had suffered gross mismanagement.

He was constantly being kept out of the team by someone rubbish.

He had previously been an exceptional performer for the team.

There's reasons off the top of my head.

I don't 'hate' Duff, i just think he's shit. ;) He might be a decent member of the squad - never a first teamer though, unless N'Zogbia/Milner suffer injuries or a really bad run of form.

And he acts like a great jessie on the pitch. He playacted, and when losing the ball, stood up screaming and waving his arms at the referee, rather than trying to win the ball back.

I'm content with him being a member of the squad, like i said earlier - because there's experience and a quality deep in the midst of him somewhere. I don't 'hate' him ffs. There's nothing in that post you quoted of mine that was severely out of place.

He isn't shit.

If he was fit for the next match I'd put him in the team ahead of Milner without a shadow of doubt.

Baring in mind, in fairness, Duff won't be back for a while yet and we're not to know how well N'Zogbia is performing. Still, as i said in my first post, i don't hold out a lot of hope for Duff...

but you're basing your view of him on last season?

can't think of anyone who wasn't shite last season. i do rate duff and his addition will only be good news for the team as a whole

'Team' and 'squad' are two different things. ;) Hehe, it'll be good for the squad.

To be fair, I've noticed that it is those who are younger that are quicker to discount Duff.

Probably limited memories of sparse Chelsea appearances that can easily be forgotten at that age. And I doubt Duff at Blackburn would be particularly remembered or appreciated by someone who would have been a pre-teen at the time.

Was fucking shite last season, he wasn't on 'top form' - ever. What is this top form, btw? Season 04/05? He's been on the downfall since then, was God awful last season, is a year older, is a major injury worse off, blah blah. Plus, not only is he shite, he acts like a wanker on the pitch.

Not a player i hold hope out for.

As I know you hate Duff I realised you were on about him, but of course you could have been on about Zog at the start of your post.

As for your second last sentence...how exactly does he "act like a wanker on the pitch?"

Have you been drinking something you shouldn't have been?

Differences N'Zogbia as follows:

He was 19.

He had lost his father.

He was in a foreign country.

He had suffered gross mismanagement.

He was constantly being kept out of the team by someone rubbish.

He had previously been an exceptional performer for the team.

There's reasons off the top of my head.

I don't 'hate' Duff, i just think he's shit. ;) He might be a decent member of the squad - never a first teamer though, unless N'Zogbia/Milner suffer injuries or a really bad run of form.

And he acts like a great jessie on the pitch. He playacted, and when losing the ball, stood up screaming and waving his arms at the referee, rather than trying to win the ball back.

I'm content with him being a member of the squad, like i said earlier - because there's experience and a quality deep in the midst of him somewhere. I don't 'hate' him ffs. There's nothing in that post you quoted of mine that was severely out of place.

He isn't shit.

If he was fit for the next match I'd put him in the team ahead of Milner without a shadow of doubt.

Don't think i agree with that, but it would be wrong of me to write off what Allardyce might actually be able to do with him. You're (not just you) making me out to sound like i want him out of the team and the club pronto, and yeah although i've said i reckon he's crap, i've said on several occassions in this thread that him returning would be good for the squad.

To be fair, I've noticed that it is those who are younger that are quicker to discount Duff.

Probably limited memories of sparse Chelsea appearances that can easily be forgotten at that age. And I doubt Duff at Blackburn would be particularly remembered or appreciated by someone who would have been a pre-teen at the time.

To be fair, I always thought Robert was better than Duff even during Duff's time at Blackburn when he was being raved about. In any event, he's better than Milner and that's the point.

who's duff?

This is an important post.

I honestly never think about Duff when I think about our squad. Totally forget about the lad.

Confirms that I'm glad you're not the manager then. Or anybody else with anything to do with the club.

:lol:

Zoggy on the left, Milner on the right. I honestly can't see how anyone could think there is a better formation than this - maybe I'm just stupid.

Duff used to be a decent player though, maybe we can play him on the left during cup matches or something to see what he's like. Though Big Sam did say that whoever did best in training got to play, this is probably the best way to go imo.

Zoggy on the left, Milner on the right. I honestly can't see how anyone could think there is a better formation than this - maybe I'm just stupid.

Duff used to be a decent player though, maybe we can play him on the left during cup matches or something to see what he's like. Though Big Sam did say that whoever did best in training got to play, this is probably the best way to go imo.

Don't give HTL an opening

Zoggy by a mile

Duff is shite

ive said it before, he was excellent at Blackburn and was pretty crap at chelsea just he had such good players around him

if he got ahead of zoggy i wont be happy, get rid of the injury freak

Don't give HTL an opening

Time will tell. In the end, as with players such as Jenas and Parker, the rent-boys will admit Milner is an average player. Duff is far, far better.

If Duff returns and plays to his real ability he should be used on the right with Zog on the left, swapping over as they see fit during play.

Agreed just what I thought of the situation.

could zog play on the right?

If Duff returns and plays to his real ability he should be used on the right with Zog on the left, swapping over as they see fit during play.

Agreed just what I thought of the situation.

could zog play on the right?

Would think not on a regular basis, but nowt wrong with swapping over during matches to give the opposition something different to think about. He'd be no less effective than Milner is on the left, that's for sure.