Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

Martins is having another good game, I see.  Defo should be starting him ahead of Owen when they're both fit.

helpful

:lol: Short of getting on the pitch, there's not a lot I can do to help mate.  It's the internet.

You on the pitch? As what a f****** streaker?  :lol:

:lol: Cheeky fucker.

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that lad is a poor man's Yakubu.  I'm sick of hearing people tell me how I've got an irrational hatred of him blah blah.  I haven't.  He's just not very good at all.

Its a fine line between being not very good and excellent. He should have put that away and has the ability to do so too.

Is it on the telly over there?

erm, it was an open goal. the second he's missed in 2 games. i'm a martins fan, but he simply has to score those.

I didn't see it. Did you? BBC said it was an excellent piece of defensive play rather than a missed sitter. Just wondering what did happen rather than dreaming it up.It might be on over there? I couldn't give a toss about Martins and Gemmill is over the top but he's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. We certainly need better.

Joke, absolute joke of a game, we never even looked like matching them.  Sam should be thrown out.

I don't know where you came from, but since your arrival here you've posted some of the biggest shit I've ever read in my life.

Allardyce should really get his at straight and buy us some proper players in January, i mean playing Smith and Faye in the middle is simply sucide, both players can't pass a ball if it was to save their lifes, and both have shit tecnique, Ameobi should never be allowed near a football pitch ever again, Martins really needs to work on his finishing and composure because it is/was and possibly always will be fucking shocking.

We might've aswell sent a team of kids to meet their kids and avoided the humilation, they didn't even bother sending us their better players and still the won without breaking a sweat, I guess more work is needed by Allardyce if we are to get back to where we were in the Robson/Keegan eras.

Joke, absolute joke of a game, we never even looked like matching them.  Sam should be thrown out.

I don't know where you came from, but since your arrival here you've posted some of the biggest s*** I've ever read in my life.

i think it's a joke ... i hope it's a joke

Anderson did have a go at Ameobi tonight, saying that he 'hadn't done enough/missed his chance' when he went off. No disgrace to lose at Highbury - I just thought we'd have made a much better go of it. Still much work to do for Fat Sam.

Did you hear him on Sunday pre-match saying he offered more than Viduka "because he's just that bit stronger"

Eh?

....was exactly my reaction

Martins is having another good game, I see.  Defo should be starting him ahead of Owen when they're both fit.

helpful

:lol: Short of getting on the pitch, there's not a lot I can do to help mate.  It's the internet.

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that lad is a poor man's Yakubu.  I'm sick of hearing people tell me how I've got an irrational hatred of him blah blah.  I haven't.  He's just not very good at all.

Its a fine line between being not very good and excellent. He should have put that away and has the ability to do so too.

You're a massive snore-fest arent you.  :lol:

No, it just sounded like he should have scored it, it was the phrases "rounds the keeper" and "doesnt really connect with it" and "cleared off the line" that were the big clues.

Martins should have got the first one i thought, but the second one was a very good clearance off the line, no fault of martins it was going in, just class defending. Everyone goes on about Owen needing games and this s***, but martins has played less than Owen this season (scored more goals too) but nobody ever goes on about martins needing games to get his sharpness back, quite unfair really, and i'd rather have a striker that gets these chances than others that don't a la Ameobi.

Excellent point! When Owen came back and was fluffing chances it was all about Owen needing a run of games, but martins is expected to just do the business right away.

We have to accept that he is a different type of player yes and can be careless at times but he is still a very dangerous attacking player and when his confidence is high and he is playing regularly he is great. Sam needs to put his arm round him as he will probably be pretty low after tonight we need to keep his spirits up.

God knows tissue paper man ain't coming to the rescue anytime soon. Busy faffing around with more surgical instruments in Munich.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I don't know where you came from, but since your arrival here you've posted some of the biggest shit I've ever read in my life.

WOOOOSH!

You took it serious, you moron.

:lol:

In all seriousness though, it's the Carling Cup - do we care that much about it?  I'd sooner take a higher league placing than a good run in this.

I love the pregnant pause in the interview with Roeder following the question "What's it like, as a football manager, to be sacked?" :lol:

i did chuckle when i heard that... I could here glenn swallow nervously

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

WOOOOSH!

You took it serious, you moron.

:lol:

In all seriousness though, it's the Carling Cup - do we care that much about it?  I'd sooner take a higher league placing than a good run in this.

I can only assume you've been sarcastic from the start as everything else you've said has been of the same quality.

helpful

No, it just sounded like he should have scored it, it was the phrases "rounds the keeper" and "doesnt really connect with it" and "cleared off the line" that were the big clues.

Not what I heard here. Thought you might have saw it rather than bullshitting. (again)

Allardyce should really get his at straight and buy us some proper players in January, i mean playing Smith and Faye in the middle is simply sucide, both players can't pass a ball if it was to save their lifes, and both have shit tecnique, Ameobi should never be allowed near a football pitch ever again, Martins really needs to work on his finishing and composure because it is/was and possibly always will be fucking shocking.

We might've aswell sent a team of kids to meet their kids and avoided the humilation, they didn't even bother sending us their better players and still the won without breaking a sweat, I guess more work is needed by Allardyce if we are to get back to where we were in the Robson/Keegan eras.

He doesnt really have much of a choice in the midfield atm tbh. Milner isnt in the form he was in last season, and with Barton and Emre only coming back we have had to make do with a very uncreative midfield, with Barton back i would expect us to play

Milner Barton Butt Zog

With Emre and Geremi being subs for Barton and Butt, its just a case of will Smith and Geremi be happy not being starters, not to mention we need a play maker of very good quality bought in, meaning someone else has to be dropped in that midfield. At the start of the season i thought this was a good rotation headache but now its just terrible seeing a huge lack of creativity.

I agree with you whole post though, well said.

Martins should have got the first one i thought, but the second one was a very good clearance off the line, no fault of martins it was going in, just class defending. Everyone goes on about Owen needing games and this s***, but martins has played less than Owen this season (scored more goals too) but nobody ever goes on about martins needing games to get his sharpness back, quite unfair really, and i'd rather have a striker that gets these chances than others that don't a la Ameobi.

Excellent point! When Owen came back and was fluffing chances it was all about Owen needing a run of games, but martins is expected to just do the business right away.

We have to accept that he is a different type of player yes and can be careless at times but he is still a very dangerous attacking player and when his confidence is high and he is playing regularly he is great. Sam needs to put his arm round him as he will probably be pretty low after tonight we need to keep his spirits up.

God knows tissue paper man ain't coming to the rescue anytime soon. Busy faffing around with more surgical instruments in Munich.

Point of order:  I've never seen Martins string together a run of performances I would refer to as "great".  I love the way Owen gets ripped to fucking bits for being an excellent player that's injury prone, whilst Martins is lauded for being decidedly average and fit.

Our horrendous record in the League Cup continues!

No disgerace really, witness what Arsenals reserves did at Liverpool last season. At least this time we've gone out pretty early on rather than annoyingly get our hopes up that we're actually going to win a cup.

Our forwards are causing concern though. Viduka is not able to play 2 games in a week, Owen is a crock, Oba needs way too many chances to score and Shola has simply gone to hell. Why wasnt Smith given a go tonight up front??

helpful

Not what I heard here. Thought you might have saw it rather than bullshitting. (again)

I've just seen it and he should have scored.  Stick Sky on and you can see it for yourself.  The defender should never have been given the chance to clear it off the line.

helpful

Its have 'seen' it if we are pedantic wankers.

I was listening on world. Which bullshitting are you referring to snore-boy?

Denilsons goal was a corker.

Martins couldn't of done any better with his cleared attempt btw.

:lol: Well.......apart from scoring.  I think that would have been better.