Sack Big Sam

Decky

I think that patience is the key for a Newcastle fans and owner at least this season.

I have no doubt that BIg Sam will deliver us the goods a solid hard team that is hard to beat but it take’s time and money and hopefully he gets that’s.

but i am  not sure that all the players he has now are the players he would like to have and are suited to play his game so we will se some new faces in january and many players next summer.

Can't see why so many people are pissed at losing to City. They're a bloody good team and no doubt better to us.

Saved the anger for the games we lose which we should be winning.

Like Derby??No but its always being the same even under Keegan,always seem to slip up away from home!To be honest would have being very happy with a draw today,city are a really good team,especially at home!Fair play to Oba,really needed him to perform today and he did,what a great goal as well! :thup:

Lost for words tbh,people are just expecting too much too soon.

I disagree about people expecting too much too soon, today isn't the worst result in the world when taken in isolation but that's not the case, we've only really played well once and have been poor more often than not.

I still think Allardyce could do well but when we're poor we should say so, if we play well then we should also say so.  My hope for Allardyce was that he would adapt, I think he'll have to adapt to become a success as his only flaw it that he appears to be trying to turn us into Bolton Mk II when he should be trying to better what he's done before as he’ll have more resources at his disposal here, it’s up to him to make the most of the opportunity which has now come his way.

Can't see why so many people are pissed at losing to City. They're a bloody good team and no doubt better to us.

It's because they weren't a better team than us at the end of last season, we took their star player (thus they should have been weakened) and we got a great manager and they got Sven (Most people didn't want him to come here). Now they are better than us and it shows what progress we have actually made.

I wonder if Joey Barton is gutted he came here. :p

And no, I don't want Big Sam to get sacked, I don't want Mourinho either, I want them to give Big Sam the length of time that is on his contract. We didn't spend huge amounts of money this summer and it's taking a little longer than we expected for our players to gel.

As for Sam's Tactics, yes, so far I think he has been poor - though I'm sure he knows a lot more about tactics than me, and I'm sure he has a plan, I'm still going to stick with a top 9 finish for us this season.

Guest Redcar Mag

This sort of negativity makes me despair. We've played seven fucking games of the new season, it's not even the end of September and yet some are writing off the new regime. I don't know if some of you have noticed, but there are nineteen other teams in this league all trying to win, all striving to improve, so at times it's going to be hard going. No one is just going to roll over for us. We have no divine right to a top six finish and no one in the entire world of sport wins every game and plays well every week. If that's what you're after, give up on football and go and see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Post-SBR we've had what, three seasons of fairly shite, mediocre football? To expect that to be changed into some sort of samba-football-playing, title-challenging side in one transfer window (in which we went through the upheaval of an ownership change don't forget) is more than a bit fanciful don't you think?

There has been a huge change in a relatively short period of time, and for that we should count ourselves lucky. Look how long it took the mackems to get rid of Murray, look how long Villa had to put up with Ellis. Now we have got the new guys putting in the work, building the structure to make us more successful. They'll have their own methods, want to get there own people on board, I think that's understandable. Some players they bring in might not work out but I reckon most will, Sam certainly seems to do his homework. Maybe some of the players aren't going to get us to the Champions League but hopefully they'll get us going in the right direction.

Don't you think they deserve more than a few short months to get the pieces in place and for things to bed down, to give us a foundation to build on?

I do.

Don't think we should be even considering sacking Allardyce but being realistic he probobly has just over a year to keep his job. If we don't qualify for Europe this year and then start next season badly then I think he could well get his marching orders.

I think the thing that's disappointing for me is that City were just as shit as us last season, but despite getting a new owner & manager in AFTER we did they seem to be playing much better football with much better players.

If you look at our net spend compared to their net spend you will see why they are above.

When we played well though?

Bolton and 2nd half v west ham...

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Guest Redcar Mag

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Sounds like a spoilt bairn. NUFC's finest supporter? Don't make me laugh.

what do you want me to say?

it isnt good enough, ITS A FACT! what else can i say

I suggest you read the post I made about four above your original.

I'm chuffed with the start we've made to be honest.  Compare the fixtures we've played to those of last season (with the exception of Derby)

Bolton away -   Last season - lost 2-1

This season   won 3-1

Villa home       Last season - won 3-1

This season - drew 0-0

smogs away   Last season - lost 1-0

This season - drew 2-2

Wigan Home   Last season - won 2-1

This season - won 1-0

West Ham home  - Last season - drew 2-2

This season - won 3-1

Man City away - Last season - drew 0-0

This season - lost 3-1

so from those games - last season - 8 points

this season - 11 points

so for people saying "not good enough" etc and being pricks about it saying sack Allardyce, I have merely given the results that support the fact we are in a better position than this time last season and that you're impatient twats.

our net spend isn't all that great.

the squad is still small.

the squad still needs building (attacking midfielder, yes)

we get turned over 3-1 away from home by a team that has spent alot more than us, and to be honest, had one player that ran the game for them, and people want the manager sacked! fuck off man!

don't expect miracles overnight!  Regardless of Derby/today - we're making steps in the right direction.  Be patient!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

And I suggest you wake up and smelL the coffee and see what drivel has been served up thus far this season.  You think this will improve vastly over the coming months? Not a great deal imo.  With all players 100% fit and zero selection issues, Allardyce just has a knack for employing a dated, boring and f*cking on occasions, senseless and tactically w*nk brand of football.

Guest Redcar Mag

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

And I suggest you wake up and smelL the coffee and see what drivel has been served up thus far this season.  You think this will improve vastly over the coming months? Not a great deal imo.  With all players 100% fit and zero selection issues, Allardyce just has a knack for employing a dated, boring and f*cking on occasions, senseless and tactically w*nk brand of football.

Ah right, I didn't realise Rome was built in a day.

So not only do we have to win every game, we have to do it playing like the Brazil of the '70s. I see.

fucking hell man!!!!

for now, just get results and points on the board - be happy with it.

work on the type of football later.

all that matters for now is winning - something we didn't do enough of last season.

and Jay Jay, should we pick up the rags tomorrow, or switch on skysports news to find out Allardyce has got the chop - who would you want to replace him? REALISTICALLY.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Ah right, I didn't realise Rome was built in a day.

So not only do we have to win every game, we have to do it playing like the Brazil of the '70s. I see.

And who the f*ck said that we have to win every game or do it playing like Brazil?  Not me.  We've got some good players but Allardyce  doesn't know how to use them.  Some would argue that it will take more than 7 PL games to work out who fits where but already we know where the likes of Smith does/does not fit.  Allardyce doesn't.

I don't think Sam needs to be sacked, but he needs to change some things, cause if he keeps playing like this, we won't be much better than last season.

First of all I think todays game proved that Zoggy shouldn't play at that leftback, now with Cacapa injured and Enrique apparantly not fit enough, Zoggy is the only one who can play there, I hope this will change very soon.

Second, our midfield is boring, it doesn't create anything, it's focused on defending, leaving all the offensive duties to Milner, Viduka and Martins. That's just not enough. We've played 2 good halfs this season, 1st half vs Bolton and 2nd half vs West Ham.

I still have confidence in Sam, but he needs to change the lineup and stop playing the players out of positions.