Newcastle Utd vs Everton (7th October, 15:00)

hakka

I'd play:

Given

Beye Rozehnal Faye Enrique

Milner Geremi Emre N'Zogbia

Viduka Martins

Although I think we'll probably stick to 4-3-3 with Smith and Butt retaining their places in midfield.

Ill go with this but Harper instead

Yeah i'd go with Guiness' aswell instead of the rest Milner/play Geremi wide thing that i said earlier, cos there's never a cat in hell's chance that will happen. I really, really think a Rozehnal/Faye centre-back partnership should be tried out. And anything to get Butt out the side is ay-ok.

I think I'd stick to 4-3-3 for this one but not the same personnel.

Given

Beye Rozehnal Faye Enrique

Geremi Butt Emre

Martins Viduka N'Zogbia

I think that's got a decent balance to it, with Geremi and Martins able to go wide right if needed and same for Emre and Zog on the left.

Butt to play DF, or alternatively Smith.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Yeah i'd go with Guiness' aswell instead of the rest Milner/play Geremi wide thing that i said earlier, cos there's never a cat in hell's chance that will happen. I really, really think a Rozehnal/Faye centre-back partnership should be tried out. And anything to get Butt out the side is ay-ok.

Butt out of the side?, he has been one of the plus points for me so far this season!

I would go with...

---------------Given

Beye--Cascapa---Roze-----Enrique

Milner---Geremi---Emre---Zoggy

---------Martins--Viduka

God knows how Sam will do it though, probably..

-----------------Given

Beye------Faye------Roze-------Zoggy

---Smith------Geremi--------Emre

----Miner------Viduka------Martins

I would go with...

---------------Given

Beye--Cascapa---Roze-----Enrique

Milner---Geremi---Emre---Zoggy

---------Martins--Viduka

God knows how Sam will do it though, probably..

-----------------Given

Beye------Faye------Roze-------Zoggy

---Smith------Geremi--------Emre

----Miner------Viduka------Martins

in the first one swap geremi for butt

in the 2nd one he'll play taylor instead of faye and butt instead of emre.

Guest toonlass

Harper

Beye Rozehnal Cacapa Enrique

Milner Geremi Butt N'Zogbia

Martins Viduka

Really hard game at SJP coming up on Sunday.

I was at Tottenham vs Everton few weeks back and tactically as an away side Everton really impressed me, played very much on the break everything going threw the creativity of Arteta's right foot with Osman bursting runs forward off the left supporting Johnson and Anichebie caused Tottenham a lot of trouble scoring 3 away goals.

Arteta was really head and shoulders above any of the players on the pitch that night though.

Everton will be the hardest team to come to SJP so far I feel.

Its important while Big Sam is "playing with his sides" that 4-4-2 is the formation he decides to play with ditching the central trio of Smith, Geremi and Butt.

Playing 4-4-2 allows Martins to play high up top where he can hurt teams alongside Viduka and not wasted deep and wide like last week leaving Viduka isolated and N'Zogbia must be allowed to thrive in his favored Left Wing role the benefits of playing 4-4-2 attacking wise are obvious with the players we have.

Selection wise with the return to fitness of Cacapa does he play him alongside Taylor or Rozenhal? The experience of Cacapa alongside Taylor is a partnership I would like to see get a good run of games, I was frustrated at Rozenhal defending last week even though it hasn't been picked out much but his awful positioning so high up the pitch for the first goal last week was dreadful and his attempts at marking one single man in the box for the second did not help.

Hope to see...

-------------------Given-----------------

-------------------------------------------

-------------Taylor---Cacapa-----------

---Beye-------------------------Enrique

-----------------Butt---------------------

-------------------------Emre------------

-----Geremi--------------------N'Zogbia-

------------------------Viduka------------

---------------Martins--------------------

Subs - Smith, Milner, Faye, Rozenhal, Harper

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Sam will play 4-3-3, I hope we play 4-4-2 though.

My team

-----------------Given -----------------------

Beye -- Taylor -- Rozehnal -- Enrique

Milner --- Geremi --- Emre --- N'Zogbia

----------- Viduka -- Martins ----------

Sam's team

----------------------- Given -----------------------

Beye -- Cacapa (if fit) -- Rozehnal -- Enrique

---------- Smith -- Geremi -- Butt ---------------

----------Martins -- Viduka -- Milner ------------

It's a sad fact, that i'm happy an injury is keeping a player out, but i am. Sam probably wouldn't have dropped him when he so obviously needs to be dropped.

Its a shame because Alan Smith is a fantastic option when Viduka is injured but we will only see the best of him alongside Owen or Martins not wide right or part of a central three though.

The versatility roles he has been given are ones he can't do well which does not do the team justice or himself.

I think Smith could really be used well in last 20 minutes of games coming on for Viduka.

I've been following the training pictures on Getty images that appear on Friday, and have formulated a hypothesis that those players that start feature in a training match/tactics simulation wearing orange bibs.

Testing this hypothesis, based on pictures of players with orange bibs, the following players start:

Enrique

Beye

Faye

Milner

Smith

Butt

Geremi

Martins

While the following miss out:

Barton

Carr

Emre

Owen

Although there may be a slight error in this experiment, because Smith apparently got injured today.

It's a sad fact, that i'm happy an injury is keeping a player out, but i am. Sam probably wouldn't have dropped him when he so obviously needs to be dropped.

Hopefully the team will show up and he won't get his place back.

Rather Butt or Geremi was out than Smith, personally.

My hopes are that Emre gets a start and Zoggy plays further upfield than he has been.

Ideally, I'd like this.

Given

Beye

Taylor

Rozenhal

Enrique

Butt/Geremi

Emre

Smith

N'Zogbia

Martins

Viduka

Bit more of an attacking edge to that team than the previous ones we've seen, but still plenty of bite in there.

If Smith is out I'd like to see Milner get a go through the middle, not a fucking chance in hell of that though.

If Smith is out I'd like to see Milner get a go through the middle, not a f****** chance in hell of that though.

What makes you suggest that?

'Cos he's been shit on the wing, probably.

milner has played through the middle for the under 21s and, frankly, he looks nothing special there. he doesn't possess exceptional skill or first touch so finding space in the right areas is hard, he's not particularly strong either and he'll be up against hefty defensive midfielders in the premiership, not superb defensively and as for the vision to put through a good pass, he just doesn't have it. two benefits of having him there would be reducing the impact of his lack of pace, through playing as an attacking midfielder it is still a problem if you are slow, while we'd also be seeing more of his shooting which is one part of his game that is half-decent.