January window targets

TRon

We all know we need creativity, I would like us to try and get Aimar. Im not sure Zaragoza would let him go but it would be worth a try. I'd love to see Deco here but realistically i cant see that happening anytime soon.

Juninho from Lyon would be another good player to have but at 32 he doesnt have many years left, He'd be valuable to have because of his set pieces which we still seem to be poor at.

Arteta i would love here but i cant see that happening because Everton wouldnt sell or they would ask for to much.

I'd like to see us get rid of Babayaro, Ameobi and Pattinson. 

In January I'd like us to sign...

Another left back as cover for Enrique, possibly another youngster.

Another striker to replace Ameobi.  Either a well experienced intelligent striker who doesn't mind being cover, or a young one with good potential.  We really should have got rid of Ameobi and offered Sibierski a 2 year deal in the summer. At least he offers something up front!

I'm not sure that I want us to get another creative CM as we already have two in Barton and Emre, and its just been bad luck that they have suffered injuries over last few months.  If we have some cash to spend then another promising youngster to play CM would be nice.

We defo could do with a right winger.  I'd like us to try and go for David Bentley.  May need quite a bit of cash for that, but think he'd offer us a lot down right flank.

I can't see us having the power to buy decent players until we secure European football next year, so get rid of the s*** and bring in some promising youth to give the team more depth.  With a bit of luck we may get a gem out of the 3 youngsters we take on board.

Good call on Dave Bentley altho it'd take £8m+ i'd imagine to secure him. Could also operate as the playmaker in the 3man midfield if so desired by BSA.

We could definitely spme1 pacey if we do sign a RW, gives the side a different look/option aside from Jimmy.

Creative central mid, and a new keeper.

Thats not kneejerk, i honestly believe Shay won't be at SJP this time next year.

what?!??

Shay is one of the best keepers in the league, and has been for many years.  How on earth can you justify selling him?

If a really top quality player becomes availiable then yes i'm all up for strengthening the squad. i.e. SWP , Lennon etc

I don't think we are desperate for a RW though as Milner is a top quality player imo and will get better + Geremi, Duff and Martins can play there if need be. Who could be availiable who is better ?? I very much doubt there is anyone availiable, plus once Duff is fit again if he can recapture some form, its going to be hard enough deciding who plays and who stays on the bench as it is without adding to that problem, BS seems to have the balance correct when it comes to healthy competition for places imo.

As has been mentioned, the thought of Enrique being injured scares me more.

Owen/Martins  Viduka/Smith/Shola

Zoggy/Duff                          Milner/Geremi/Martins

* Some very good players and very good options there. Not many playes (who we could get), are going to force their way in above those lot! 

i'd like to see a RW whos gonna get to the byline, to be honest id like to see Giles Barnes, its shame he's not been on show this season yet. SWP or lennon tyoe players, someone who'd b able to utilize both Viduka and Owen as a winger. Basically a right sided version of the Zog. Elano wold be nice as well!!

only problem with this requesting of a creative midfielder is that we return to a 4-3-3 as more than likely the traditional playmaker doesn't want to put their foot in as they would need to a lot more often shud they be included in a 4-4-2 its only really Fabregas and Scholes that would fit the 4-4-2 sys whereas a Diego/Riquelme/Deco would have to play in a 3man midfield which we don't have the wide players for.

our position in the league come january will obviously have a big say in the quality of players we're capable of getting.

Bentley could well come if we're high enough in the table.. might also be a change playing at home in front of a stadium with fans in it.

the january transfer window comings and goings if i was manager of NUFC:

inward:

1.  left back

2.  target man (adriano, huntelaar)

3.  creative midfielder unless emre and barton are consistently fit and effective

4.  2-3 gifted young players under age 23 (one left back, one right mid, one quick forward)

outward:

1.  babayaro

2.  ameobi

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both s*** for an entire season.

He has rarely been above average tbh. You are right though, he has been shit lately. N'Zogbia and Duff have the tools. Milner doesnt. Simple really.

Anyway, a left back, a right winger, a creative midfield player and perhaps a few kids to develop. We could do with a few more but anyone better than we have is fine by me.

Another striker to replace Ameobi.  Either a well experienced intelligent striker who doesn't mind being cover, or a young one with good potential.  We really should have got rid of Ameobi and offered Sibierski a 2 year deal in the summer. At least he offers something up front!

I'm not sure that I want us to get another creative CM as we already have two in Barton and Emre, and its just been bad luck that they have suffered injuries over last few months.  If we have some cash to spend then another promising youngster to play CM would be nice.

We defo could do with a right winger.  I'd like us to try and go for David Bentley.  May need quite a bit of cash for that, but think he'd offer us a lot down right flank.

I can't see us having the power to buy decent players until we secure European football next year, so get rid of the s*** and bring in some promising youth to give the team more depth.  With a bit of luck we may get a gem out of the 3 youngsters we take on board.

Good call on Dave Bentley altho it'd take £8m+ i'd imagine to secure him. Could also operate as the playmaker in the 3man midfield if so desired by BSA.

We could definitely spme1 pacey if we do sign a RW, gives the side a different look/option aside from Jimmy.

:rant: Pattinson's quality.

inward:

1.  left back

3.  creative midfielder unless emre and barton are consistently fit and effective

4.  2-3 gifted young players under age 23 (one left back, one right mid, one quick forward)

outward:

1.  babayaro

2.  ameobi

That's why you're not manager.

what quality?????

what quality?????

Sigh, the spelling of the name.

what quality?????

good... starting to wonder if you had a slight glitch somewhere  ;D

what quality?????

No need for further upset, I've modified the post.  :rolleyes:

Guest Deep456

Goalkeepers-Given/Harper/Krul

Right backs- Geremi/Beye/Carr

Left backs- Enrique/?

Centre backs- Rozenhal,Taylor,Cacapa,Faye

Left midfielders-Duff/Zog

Centre midfielders-Smith/Emre/Barton/Butt

Right midfielders-Milner/?

Tall striker-Viduka/Ameobi

Small striker-Owen/Martins

In an ideal world.

Out:

Babayaro(1million)

In:

Diego(10million)

Deco(15million)

Emanuelson/Shorey(6million-10million)

It really depends on how effective Barton becomes and if Emre can get fit and provide some good form. If either or both don't do it then we must look there for new players.

Milner needs someone to challenge him, but so does Enrique so we can keep the Zog on the wing and not in defense.

I don't think we can rely on Emre's fitness so I'd still get an attacking central mf in with a strong creative component to his game. Right winger would be nice.

Sell a few more wasters if poss.

Goalkeepers-Given/Harper/Krul

Right backs- Geremi/Beye/Carr

Left backs- Enrique/?

Centre backs- Rozenhal,Taylor,Cacapa,Faye

Left midfielders-Duff/Zog

Centre midfielders-Smith/Emre/Barton/Butt

Right midfielders-Milner/?

Tall striker-Viduka/Ameobi

Small striker-Owen/Martins

In an ideal world.

Out:

Babayaro(1million)

In:

Diego(10million)

Deco(15million)

Emanuelson/Shorey(6million-10million)

why would you get shorey in? surely there is more quality elsewere? at least for that price!

inward:

1.  left back

outward:

1.  babayaro

2.  ameobi

That's why you're not manager.

it's probably a good thing.  but care to explain or are you just trying your pathetic best to be funny?