Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

Guest andynufc84

Given

Beye   Caçapa   Faye   Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen     Martins

Rip them up!

Would go with this. With Martins and Owen starting up front we'll need Emre's ability to pick a pass.

This'd be my first-choice eleven as well, with Harper, Rozehnal, Butt, Barton and Ameobi on the bench.

Butt has been one of our better players of late imo, pity we won't drop Geremi as i'm struggling to see what he is actually offering at the minute.  Butt and Barton would be my ideal midfield pairing.

Butt's been shite other than Everton, in my opinion. He's been given this license to get forward, cos there's no one else to do so as we've been without Emre and Barton - but he's blatantly just a defensive mid. Geremi or Butt will improve when one of them is dropped.

There actually isn't that much wrong with Spurs. Sooner or later the side will come together probably when King returns in the next few weeks. Robinson has had a poor start to the season and thier midfield is too soft for the moment and they've clearly missed Lennon.

My two predictions are that Keane will score and the game will be a draw.

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Big game for both clubs who both have the aim of 5th this season.

Looking at the table Manchester City are so far ahead already with 22 points and Blackburn and Portsmouth with 18 so its vital we build on our last two wins at home against West Ham and Everton to keep close with them and relegation zone Tottenham who are on a mere 7 points must be wondering if Jol can turn it around with no wins in 7 premiership games.

With Spurs missing Robinson for this one there weakest link is removed which gives them a chance to improve on there dreadful 3 clean sheets in 37 league games.

For Big Sam we need to build on our two impressive home performances against West Ham and Everton this is the first time he has some really good options i feel with the return to fitness of Emre and Barton who will be looking for a place alongside Nicky Butt, you would fancy Joey Barton and Butt up against Jenas who will be out for his weekly stroll and the immobile Huddlestone however Emre craft and creativity will be needed if Big Sam decides on Martins and Owen to start up top.

Hope to see 4-4-2 using Viduka and Joey Barton for the opening hour bring on Owen and Emre if needed to change the game again ala Everton.

-----------------------Given---------------------

---------------------------------------------------

-----------------Taylor----Cacapa--------------

--------Beye--------------------------Enrique--

----------------------------Butt-------------------

-------------------Barton-------------------------

--------Milner-----------------------N'Zogbia----

---------------------------Viduka------------------

----------------Martins----------------------------

Subs - Owen, Emre, Faye, Rozenhal, Harper

Sounds like Big Sam is going for

------------Given---------------

Beye-Faye-Cacapa-Enrique--

Milner-Butt-Emre-N'Zogbia--

------Owen--Martins-----------

As long as its 4-4-2 either of these two sides should provide another good home performance from Big Sam men which should provide our 5 consecutive win in our last 5 games against Tottenham in all competitions.  :thup:

the only thing that worries me about this match is spurs have lost 6 in a row, any time we come up against a team who isnt winning, or a striker who isnt scoring, they kick back into gear against us

Except they've only lost one of their last 8....

the only thing that worries me about this match is spurs have lost 6 in a row, any time we come up against a team who isnt winning, or a striker who isnt scoring, they kick back into gear against us

Just heard that on Sky but it is not true, they've not lost in 6 games.

Not lost in 6 games, winless in there last 7 premiership games, facing their 5 consecutive loss against Newcastle.  :thup:

Not lost in 6 games, winless in there last 7 premiership games, facing there 5 consecutive loss against Newcastle.  :thup:

Their, ffs.

ahh well,

Except they've only lost one of their last 8....

ahh well, shouldnt believe everything i hear i suppose, point still stands though, teams going through a bad patch get results against us

-------------------Harper------------------------

Beye------Cacapa---Faye-------Enrique----

Milner------------Butt------------------Charlie

-------------------Emre------------------------

-----------Owen---------Oba--------------

Bench :

Given

Rozenhal

Geremi

Barton

Viduka

2-0 Charlie (29) Owen (41)

I've had a change of heart,

I'm going for 5-1  :lol:

Charlie (29) Owen (2 & 41) Martins (61) Keane (65) Rozenhal (79)

Aye, as .com put it we are the perennial fall guy for any team or striker badly in need. If you need to end your drought, Newcastle are usually a sympathetic side.

I'm really hoping we twist the knife on Spurs.