Weekends Other Games (20/10 & 21/10)

Karjala

Fucking shit.

Predictable result, but Man United were awesome today. Scholes is such a fantastc player.

Zat Fucking Knight though. Jesus christ.

We stood off them from 25 mins in to the game and just invited them to come on to us. It was likle the second half at Spurs all over again.

Rob Styles is such a cunt though. Worst ref going.

Reckon you need to use Super Curtis more? ;) :D

f****** s***.

Predictable result, but Man United were awesome today. Scholes is such a fantastc player.

Zat f****** Knight though. Jesus christ.

We stood off them from 25 mins in to the game and just invited them to come on to us. It was likle the second half at Spurs all over again.

Rob Styles is such a c*** though. Worst ref going.

If you scroll up, I was sympathizing for you.  Hate those red cunts.  (Thanks for 8th, though, mate)

Well, what's the fucking point in football?

That refereeing performance and the behaviour of Liverpool's players was a disgrace. And despite all that, they were still the worse team. League title challengers my arse.

Well, what's the fucking point in football?

That refereeing performance and the behaviour of Liverpool's players was a disgrace. And despite all that, they were still the worse team. League title challengers my arse.

Gerrard is a cunt. He pulled the same trick against us the first game of the season.

Fucking shit.

Zat Fucking Knight though. Jesus christ.

Rob Styles is such a cunt though. Worst ref going.

Reckon you need to use Super Curtis more? ;) :D

Davies isn't match fit, at least he hasn't been. Although he was about to come on when Styles sent Carson off.

West Ham one up already. Cole.

The big question is - how shit would Sunderland look if they HADN'T spent £36m this summer?..... :kasper:

I like the look of Jones, however £6m was a tad silly.

Roy Keane has made them put points on the board, and they'll raise their game against us, but apart from that, theres nothing there.

But i can see him being backed heavily in the winter window, whatever the position they are in, i think that will be the big difference come May between them and other clubs looking to stay in the prem (ie Boro who haven't got a pot to piss in)

The big question is - how shit would Sunderland look if they HADN'T spent £36m this summer?..... :kasper:

Roy Keane has made them put points on the board, and they'll raise their game against us, but apart from that, theres nothing there.

But i can see him being backed heavily in the winter window, whatever the position they are in, i think that will be the big difference come May between them and other clubs looking to stay in the prem (ie Boro who haven't got a pot to piss in)

Agree with that. Jones looks handy but other than him, there's absolutely no-one else to be wary of.

They'll work hard and grind out results, especially at home but I'm not sure how well Keane will spend in January. He had a boatload in the summer and bought a load of shite tbh. Give £36m to someone like Redknapp and he'd transform the squad and you'd see the improvement straight away.

Agree with that. Jones looks handy but other than him, there's absolutely no-one else to be wary of.

They'll work hard and grind out results, especially at home but I'm not sure how well Keane will spend in January. He had a boatload in the summer and bought a load of shite tbh. Give £36m to someone like Redknapp and he'd transform the squad and you'd see the improvement straight away.

TBF to Keane though, how much influence has the board and sponsors had in his signings? They wanted an Irish core, board, backers, manager, players to attract Irish fans. Its worked as well, loads fly across to see them play, but at the cost of maybe going for someone a little better from a different Country. Maybe, i think so.

I'm not saying thats the only thing, but its surely had some effect on his spending somewhere down the line. He's played his contacts to the best of his abilities (Irish & Manure) but he needs to work outside his safe zone if he wants to take them to the next level, a stable prem club.

But before that he can buy Carr off us.  >:D

TBF to Keane though, how much influence has the board and sponsors had in his signings? They wanted an Irish core, board, backers, manager, players to attract Irish fans. Its worked as well, loads fly across to see them play, but at the cost of maybe going for someone a little better from a different Country. Maybe, i think so.

I'm not saying thats the only thing, but its surely had some effect on his spending somewhere down the line. He's played his contacts to the best of his abilities (Irish & Manure) but he needs to work outside his safe zone if he wants to take them to the next level, a stable prem club.

I can't imagine Keane being told to buy anyone he wasn't happy with can you? :lol:

Just not sure Keane/Quinn can actually attract the players they think they can. They can be as rich as Chelsea but if the top players don't want to sign for you then you're struggling. They'll do ok and stay up but they'll blow all of their beans in the process imo. :)

I can't imagine Keane being told to buy anyone he wasn't happy with can you? :lol:

Just not sure Keane/Quinn can actually attract the players they think they can. They can be as rich as Chelsea but if the top players don't want to sign for you then you're struggling. They'll do ok and stay up but they'll blow all of their beans in the process imo. :)

Well he does say he's a different man now to what he was as a player.

He's got to understand he cant have it his own way, and really, the Irish angle has been sold to him as easy as selling a Geordie angle to say Shearer.

He knows the clubs stance on transfers, and he lives with it, whether or not he sees it as a good plan or a temp one i don't know, but what they wanted to achieve they have so far, and on that basis its worked. He just needs to take it to the next level, but you are right, it will be hard to attract the right players, but if they stay in the division their stock will improve greatly come next season.