Dawson

Cajun

Cant really call it overrating my players can you when everyone so far that has posted on this topic agreed that we deserved 5th place because we played the best football and were the better team (not s**** about other teams being weakend).

I would love to hear who you have down better then Ledley King tbh?

I haven't disagreed that you didn't deserve 5th place, I just think it was down to the work of Jol and the general shitness of the teams about you more than sheer quality of your team. The end of season table will show this.

And off the top of my head I'll say Sol Campbell (has been brilliant for Pompey) is better than King tbh. Didn't he use to play for you?

Oh, and even if I was to think King was the best defender out the top 4 and agreed with you over it. That still wouldn't mean you have the best team player for player outside the top 4. I'd like to see your opinion on who has the best defender/defence etc outside the top 4 tbh.

the reason everyone on this board goes on about spurs is cos they finished 5th the past few seasons and done well in the Uefa Cup, they've been the best of the rest and are considered rivals, now after a brief flirtation with the right end of the table they're running into problems after fucking up trying to break into the top four. a couple of years ago it was Everton in that position cos they finished 4th, then they hit the same sort of problems and didn't know how to change the team to make the next leap. there were a few everton fans on here that used to talk absolute bollocks and i remember us lot mercilessly ripping the piss out of them. but who cares about everton now? before them it was us under SBR that everyone talked about, then when it began to unravel and we appointed Souness everyone took great glee in our demise.

If anything KD you should've took it as a complement that spurs were the flavour of the month for a bit, cos it looks like that moment in the spotlight is over!

For the record i think there's a good case for spurs having the 5th best squad on a player-by-player basis, four good forwards, one of them really good, some decent creative players in midfield, a pair of exciting young wingers in Bale and Lennon, arguably the league's best RB, two talented centre-halves in King and Kaboul. I don't think it's got that bit extra to lift it ahead of teams like us but it is definitely one of the competitors for 5th best. some glaring weaknesses like centre-midfield and goalkeeper but i think if they buy big here they'll have a well rounded team.

i also think their manager isn't as good as some of the teams they are competing with, Villa, City and us definitely have better managers, whereas Moyes and Hughes are good at what they do and have found a niche. Jol is a capable manager, not great but better than the likes of Curbishley and probably as good as Harry Redknapp, but he doesn't seem cut for the internal politics at play at WHL but then who is? i think there's definitely room for improvement tho, especially now that he looks like he's lost the dressing room.

What good's the best defender outside the top 4 if he's permanently crocked? You don't actually have that defender, Middlesbrough have him and guess what?

Your defence revolves around King but you've got no back-up for a crock. It's like when we had Woodgate, when he was injured we were bringing in Bramble and O'Brien, you're bringing in two who went to clown college with them in Dawson and Gardner (I don't know too much about Kaboul, didn't look anything special though). You've no squad defensively, which is why you keep getting your arse handed to you.

Enough people have spunked over Berbatov over the past year to populate a world power, but he's showing his inconsistency right now, he started poorly last year and has done the same again. A player better than Shearer and Beardsley (bluelaugh.gif) should not be having six months on, six months off.

Spurs are gonna be in trouble if they are goin to be relying on King, He'll keep on letting Spurs down because he's always injured.

Berb is a good player, He can create things, A player we have been crying out for this season but he aint worth £20m+ which Spurs fans seem to be thinking.

TBH i havent been impressed with that Kaboul either, Everytime ive seen him he seems to make a mistake or 2. Spurs have paid over the odds at £8m

Guest kingdawson

Cant really call it overrating my players can you when everyone so far that has posted on this topic agreed that we deserved 5th place because we played the best football and were the better team (not s**** about other teams being weakend).

I haven't disagreed that you didn't deserve 5th place, I just think it was down to the work of Jol and the general shitness of the teams about you more than sheer quality of your team. The end of season table will show this.

And off the top of my head I'll say Sol Campbell (has been brilliant for Pompey) is better than King tbh. Didn't he use to play for you?

Oh, and even if I was to think King was the best defender out the top 4 and agreed with you over it. That still wouldn't mean you have the best team player for player outside the top 4. I'd like to see your opinion on who has the best defender/defence etc outside the top 4 tbh.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been shite this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

Best goalkeeper : Given or friedel (given just shades it i think)

Best defender: King

Best midfielder: Arteta

Best striker : Berbatov

Scy who in your opinion has the best strike partnership again??

What good's the best defender outside the top 4 if he's permanently crocked? You don't actually have that defender, Middlesbrough have him and guess what?

Your defence revolves around King but you've got no back-up for a crock. It's like when we had Woodgate, when he was injured we were bringing in Bramble and O'Brien, you're bringing in two who went to clown college with them in Dawson and Gardner (I don't know too much about Kaboul, didn't look anything special though). You've no squad defensively, which is why you keep getting your arse handed to you.

Enough people have spunked over Berbatov over the past year to populate a world power, but he's showing his inconsistency right now, he started poorly last year and has done the same again. A player better than Shearer and Beardsley (bluelaugh.gif) should not be having six months on, six months off.

Spurs are gonna be in trouble if they are goin to be relying on King, He'll keep on letting Spurs down because he's always injured.

Berb is a good player, He can create things, A player we have been crying out for this season but he aint worth £20m+ which Spurs fans seem to be thinking.

TBH i havent been impressed with that Kaboul either, Everytime ive seen him he seems to make a mistake or 2. Spurs have paid over the odds at £8m

According to Martin Jol (the one of this forum) King's career as a footballer who plays regularly is over, he's got some prob with his knees that means he'll only be a fringe player from now on. sad actually cos he's a better defender than the over-rated stars like John Terry and Joleon Lescott.

Guest kingdawson

the reason everyone on this board goes on about spurs is cos they finished 5th the past few seasons and done well in the Uefa Cup, they've been the best of the rest and are considered rivals, now after a brief flirtation with the right end of the table they're running into problems after f****** up trying to break into the top four. a couple of years ago it was Everton in that position cos they finished 4th, then they hit the same sort of problems and didn't know how to change the team to make the next leap. there were a few everton fans on here that used to talk absolute bollocks and i remember us lot mercilessly ripping the piss out of them. but who cares about everton now? before them it was us under SBR that everyone talked about, then when it began to unravel and we appointed Souness everyone took great glee in our demise.

If anything KD you should've took it as a complement that spurs were the flavour of the month for a bit, cos it looks like that moment in the spotlight is over!

For the record i think there's a good case for spurs having the 5th best squad on a player-by-player basis, four good forwards, one of them really good, some decent creative players in midfield, a pair of exciting young wingers in Bale and Lennon, arguably the league's best RB, two talented centre-halves in King and Kaboul. I don't think it's got that bit extra to lift it ahead of teams like us but it is definitely one of the competitors for 5th best. some glaring weaknesses like centre-midfield and goalkeeper but i think if they buy big here they'll have a well rounded team.

i also think their manager isn't as good as some of the teams they are competing with, Villa, City and us definitely have better managers, whereas Moyes and Hughes are good at what they do and have found a niche. Jol is a capable manager, not great but better than the likes of Curbishley and probably as good as Harry Redknapp, but he doesn't seem cut for the internal politics at play at WHL but then who is? i think there's definitely room for improvement tho, especially now that he looks like he's lost the dressing room.

Excellent post mate, agreed with everything.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been shite this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

If we aint taking injuries into account i'd say Owen is better than Berb because Owen will score a lot more goals.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season.

:lol:

You 100% sure about that?

Guest kingdawson

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been s**** this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

If we aint taking injuries into account i'd say Owen is better than Berb because Owen will score a lot more goals.

But Berbatov will create far more goals and will do far more for the team. Depends what you want from a striker really, A striker that is capable of scoring 20 + premiership goals and a handful of assist or a striker that is capable of scoring 15 + premiership goals and double figures in assists?

Guest kingdawson

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season.

million percent tbh.

million percent tbh.

Here's Linvoy Primus' 2007-08 appearance record thus far:

Total (Club) 0 (0) 0 0 0

League 0 (0) 0 0 0

FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

European/Others 0 (0) 0 0 0

How sure did you say?

the reason everyone on this board goes on about spurs is cos they finished 5th the past few seasons and done well in the Uefa Cup, they've been the best of the rest and are considered rivals, now after a brief flirtation with the right end of the table they're running into problems after f****** up trying to break into the top four. a couple of years ago it was Everton in that position cos they finished 4th, then they hit the same sort of problems and didn't know how to change the team to make the next leap. there were a few everton fans on here that used to talk absolute bollocks and i remember us lot mercilessly ripping the piss out of them. but who cares about everton now? before them it was us under SBR that everyone talked about, then when it began to unravel and we appointed Souness everyone took great glee in our demise.

Leagues best RB?  Chimbonda?  Slap Happy Pappy?  Hate the cunt with a passion.

I agree with most of what you said.  I also agree with a bit of what Scy is saying in that there are more talented teams around Spurs right now and that's part of their current demise.  Also, they've had a pretty difficult schedule thus far, much more difficult than ours. 

Losing the way they did at the Unwashed to begin the season kinda set the tone for failure or the lowering of their heads once they concede.  Much like we were before Sam came in.  We'd go up a goal and sure enough, the opposition would net one within 10min and our confidence went right out the window. 

I still think Spurs can reach the top half of the table, there's too much talent in that squad not to. 

Best striker Berbatov? :lol:

Where do people wacthing football these days anyway? :lol:

Berbatov is got skill but he still fecking slow... he do like playing the with the ball rather than scoring a goal... he is not clinicall enough in front of goal...

Ask any bundesliga fans? that knowing him much.... is really he that good...?

he got many chance in front of goal... and is countless how he wasted it...

he just another clone of Gilardino... a player that never a top scorer in the league

Best striker? what happen to Drogba = most wanted striker in the world?

million percent tbh.

Total (Club) 0 (0) 0 0 0

League 0 (0) 0 0 0

FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

How sure did you say?

Best post ever.

Having seen Spurs live on TV several times this season, my impressions are that whilst they have had several serious injuries to players, their entire squad is not strong enough to qualify for europe this season. Berbatov must have an aversion to the NE because he was abysmal against both us and the mackems. His record this season supports the fact that he could be a one season wonder who doesnt have the courage for a battle.

It is a disgrace the way Defoe has been treated by your club because in an ideal world, he is by far, Spurs most potent striker. King is a good player but too injury prone and whilst I like youmg Bale, he has a lot to learn yet.

Much of the midfield is vastly over rated. Malbranque, Tainio, Jenas and Zakora are far too inconsistent whilst Lennon is too injury prone.

Yaou need to re-assess the quality of your squad before you come out with outlandish statements about being a better quality squad outside the top four when clearly, you are not. It would seem many of the teams around us, Blackburn, Pompey, Villa, City in particular, have improved so much whilst Spurs are going backwards.

Martin Jol made a similar outlandish statement in the press just before the game against us and unwisely stressed how much better you lot are than us. Seems to me that King Dawson is affected by the same misguided viewpojnt.

On the subject of best players outside the top four, there are several who you could put ahead of any spuds players:

Goalkeeper: Robinson doesnt even rate a mention. Anyone of Given, Friedel, James and Green would qualify

Defender:  Take your pick from Yobo, Faye, Laursen, Campbell, Johnson, Richards etc

Midfield: Has to be Elano of Man City with our own N'Zogbia, Arteta, Bentley in contention.

Forwards: Martins, Santa Cruz, Aglonhar (sp), Keane, Mwarani (sp) would be in contention

So, out of that little lot, Robbie Keane is the only Spuds player who would currently qualify and I think that proves the point just how far Spuds have gone backwards.

LONG MAY IT LAST.

Sol campbell better then Ledley king?? do me a favour mate. Ask any pompey fan and they will tell yo primus has been far better then campbell both last season and this season. As for Woodgate, he's been s**** this season and major chunks of last season too (though he was exceptional against the gooners at emirates)

To answer your question:

But Berbatov will create far more goals and will do far more for the team. Depends what you want from a striker really, A striker that is capable of scoring 20 + premiership goals and a handful of assist or a striker that is capable of scoring 15 + premiership goals and double figures in assists?

Well, since you take the liberty to judge a good player based on your own criteria (or in this case, Berbatov strength) then surely Berbatov is a better player than Owen. What next, who is taller, Berbatov or Owen. Or wait, who sulks best, Berbatov or Owen?

Let me use my own criteria then.

1. Which striker scored more crucial goal, that can turn a draw into win?

2. Of all Berbatov goals, how many against the top 4?

3. How many cups did Berbatov win, being such a great striker he is? Can you recall the cup won single  handedly by him?

4. Who scored more goals per minute played?

5. Which striker got the best pedigree? Where did Berbatov played before the mighty Spurs?

6. Who scored more in the World Cup?

Gosh I can go on and on abt this ...

Guest sittingontheball

I think Spurs fans should just be grateful that the media hasn't labelled theirs a "comedy defence". They certainly leak goals like one. Once you get that moniker, the press will trot out the same line every time your lads make a mistake.

million percent tbh.

Total (Club) 0 (0) 0 0 0

League 0 (0) 0 0 0

FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

How sure did you say?

Best post ever.

Haha! Superb.

Again bollocks tbh. You're hatred for spurs is clouding your judgement tbh and its quite sad. My opinion (and a lot of other peoples opinion tbh) is that we have the best individual defender and striker outside the top 4 as well as the best strike partnership. Im sure your'e dying to tell me who you think wins each category so go right ahead,

Bollocks because it isn't bowing to your over rated judgement of your own players? What did you say about Shearer and Berbatov again? Oh, and you have a better striker than Owen? Haha.

And whats the point? You will only argue it.

I would love to hear who you have down better then Ledley King tbh? and who's got the best strikeforce again??

Who's third bottom again? :lol:

million percent tbh.

Total (Club) 0 (0) 0 0 0

League 0 (0) 0 0 0

FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

How sure did you say?

you made me smile :)