Nicky Butt

Kev

Guest optimistic nit

it may be more to do with sitting back and inviting pressure on ourselves which butt may not be able to deal with compared to when we attack.

Guest Harry-Norway

Away midfield:Emre,Zog,Roz,Milner,this will give us more pace,against Read. the midtfield was to "lazy",never fight for the 2 nd ball and a he...l of a lot bad passes.

Away defend Enriques,Cacapa,Taylor,Beye

Away from home, the opposition midfield pressures the ball a bit more and Butt has difficulty coping with that. He ends up passing the ball to someone who's in a weaker position, or passing the ball to nowhere in particular in the hope of finding a black and white shirt. Players in that position often see a lot of the ball, and if they can't pass well we end up wasting possession. Away from home, we can't afford to waste the few opportunities that come our way.

Butt will have his days when things go right for him, but basically I don't like him that much. Despite his experience, you don't really sense that he's providing any leadership or taking responsibility. If we're up against it, he's not a player that's going to pull things round.

If we're looking at a midfield four, I'd play Geremi and Barton in the centre. Geremi might not make so many tackles, but we'd use possession a lot more confidently with him in that role.

When Butt plays weel, we play well, its what ive noticed for a couple of seasons now, i think it'd be interesting to see another player play his posisiton, somone who reads the game well but is more athletic, i think Roz would be an interesting option, he seems like a natural DM. Faye is another option id like to see but that would mean breaking up the Faye Cacapa patership, which i happen to ink is effective.

Guest prestonj1989

When Butt plays weel, we play well, its what ive noticed for a couple of seasons now, i think it'd be interesting to see another player play his posisiton, somone who reads the game well but is more athletic, i think Roz would be an interesting option, he seems like a natural DM. Faye is another option id like to see but that would mean breaking up the Faye Cacapa patership, which i happen to ink is effective.

Agreed  :thup:

rozenhal did start off as a defensive midfielder. ask yourself why he got dropped back

rozenhal did start off as a defensive midfielder. ask yourself why he got dropped back

Am not questioning the reasons why he's not playing DM, am just sayin he seems to have the natural attributes to play as a defensive midfielder, couldnt possibly comment on why he doesnt play DM any more because up until mid summer av never heard of him, but all i can say is that if i had the option to play Kolo Toure as a DM, id be more than happy.

Somehow hes excellent at home and he got motm v spurs...but away from home hes one of the worst players on the pitch?

with him being a dm should it not be the other way around?

if he keeps going the way he is away from home it wouldnt suprise me if he got dropped because he (and barton) yesterday hardly broke down any play and created nothing all afternoon

should he start every match? or faye/rozehnal/geremi to play as the dm away from home

Got to agree with most of that, although feel a litt sorry for him as we played no wingers v Reading which proved disasterous (sort it out Sam ffs). PLAY WITH WINGERS!!!!  :idiot2:

i don't know who our best central midfielders are at the moment but we will have to keep on trying different combinations till its right. Its arguably the most important area on the pitch to get right.

Barton and Emre would be ideal if we can get them firing on all cylinders.

Butt and Emre know each other quite well by now and looked great V Spurs etc.

Geremi, Roze and Faye are also strong posibilities to play with either Emre or Barton. One of these combinations should work.

Faye in particular is a big strong lad, fiercesome in the tackle and great in the air so combined with Barton away from home  could be good, especially if Emre flops/gets injured yet again. However i have no idea what Faye's passing/distribution is like in that role yet maybe a Bolton fan could tell us?

Roze is quick, intellegent reader of the game, good passer, tall, and can also get forward well (shooting needs to improve i.e.derby game), however not so great in the tackle as Faye and very suspect in the air as he tends to get pushed of the ball too easily (this could improve though).

So yes difficult decision i'd start with Geremi and Emre on Sat but SA might have a different idea as he's see's them in training and knows who is looking sharper etc possibly Barton.

If rumours are true he's very keen to bring Edmilson in Jan which could be agreat move 'IF ' we get him.

Butt is suspended for the Mackem game next week.

Bring back Geremi into his best position, the holding role

Play barton and emre and go all out attack more like it

all the mackems wont like to see us play attacking football

• 2 months later...

Dear Nicky,

If you read this forum can I just ask you for one tiny thing? The ball falls to you about 20 yards out, please don't fucking shoot you useless cunt!

Bit of a kneejerk but honestly I don't care if you are the fucking goalkeeper the amount of chances you had on the edge of the area you have to at least get one on target or if I am being kind within 80 feet of the crossbar!

Many thanks, 

GeJon

I think that was possibly his worst game for us since that semi final.

It's a shame he's the only one not scared to shoot when he's absolutely fucking woeful at it.

I just don't understand how someone who plays football for a living can be THAT bad at shooting! Fair enough he is more of a DM than anything but it can't be that difficult to keep it in the stadium can it?

Butt was terrible. It didn't help his showing that so was his partner in midfield.

However, when Allardyce is selecting these two together, does he not tell them what to do? Any system, priorities, anything?

They constantly found the same space, over and over again.

He desperately needs some shooting practice - after his first few misses why did they keep passing to him outside the box? Absolutely pathetic. Michael Owen (or heck, even Viduka) needed more chances inside the box - if Butt had passed instead of shot maybe we would have gotten the goal we needed.

Sean

Double Crown Records

www.dblcrown.com

It always seems to me when they play together that Butt is the one who gets forward which is the most stupid fucking thing ever! :lol:

Striker and DM playing in central midfield, I know let the DM get forward while the other one "protects" the defence. That said I wouldn't really trust either more than the other to finish,

He desperately needs some shooting practice - after his first few misses why did they keep passing to him outside the box? Absolutely pathetic. Michael Owen (or heck, even Viduka) needed more chances inside the box - if Butt had passed instead of shot maybe we would have gotten the goal we needed.

Sean

Double Crown Records

www.dblcrown.com

Are you going to write that every time you post? :lol:

Dave

Newcastle-Online

www.newcastle-online.com