---------------owen--------------------------smith---------------------

subs

harper

faye

geremi

butt

martins

we will twat them 3-0 btw

Portsmouth 1-0 down at the moment at home to Blackburn in the Carling Cup. Our lack of a midweek fixture should help us in this game, as it did against Everton when they had a midweek UEFA match.

Everton were away in the Ukraine, like.

Aye that's true, but it's something we can look to take advantage of if we play at a high tempo.

Depends how they do tonight. I'm always dubious about things like this, they could go into the game on a roll, on a real high. We lost pathetically last out.

Hoping for a 3-3 draw, substitutions used only because of injuries to Benjani/Muntari/Utaka, extra time, and penalties from Pompey/Blackburn tonight.

Penalties finishing 21/20 or something, but that's probably pushing it.

Hoping for a 3-3 draw, substitutions used only because of injuries to Benjani/Muntari/Utaka, extra time, and penalties from Pompey/Blackburn tonight.

Penalties finishing 21/20 or something, but that's probably pushing it.

:lol:hopefully

----------------Harper ( still )--------------------

Beye-----Faye----Cacapa-------Enrique

Milner - - - - Emre- - - Barton - - - -Charlie

------------Owen---------Smith----------------

Can't decide who to play upfont, but with how shit Martins and Owen combined at Reading i've changed it

Going for 2-0 (Owen,Barton)

Tricky one but we will win 2-1!Martins and zog to score!

Given

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Geremi

Barton

Emre

Zog

Viduka

Martins

Subs;Harper,Roz,Smith,Owen,Milner

That would be my team but doubt if he will pick Taylor prob pick Capaca ahead of him again and pick Butt ahead of Emre,hopefully not though!

Given

Beye      Faye      Cacapa    Enrique

Butt

Barton

Geremi                                  N'Zogbia

Smith

Owen

3-0

Come on lets give them a trouncing.

V Pompey at the moment:

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Faye   Enrique

Milner  Geremi   Emre    Zoggy

Owen  Martins   

Subs; Harper, Taylor, Barton, Butt, Smith.

Some tough calls to make but we should attack them from the off WITH WINGERS. Butt was very good v spurs then s**** against reading, depends whose looking the sharper out of Butt, Geremi and Barton for the DM role. Butt is very up and down so i'd like to see Geremi or Barton there ideally. Taylor on bench in case Cacapa or Faye mess up. If Milner or Zoggy aren't up to scratch take one of them off and stick Martins on either wing and put Smith up top with Owen.

Guest magpie2419

Swap Owen for Martins and I'd be happy with that. I think Martins is more likely to make an impact, if need be, from the bench.

It was a toss up between the 2 but I think Martins on his day is just an awesome goal scorer Owen just seems to have lost a bit of pace since his injury.

I think we need to keep it tight as a unit, tuck in the wide men and congest the middle of the park to stop them playing through us. I think we have it in us to keep a clean sheet, and maybe we can grab one from a free-kick or long throw.

Oh hang on, we are at home.

5-0 Toon. Martins 3, Barton 2.

Viduka will be back for the scum away, so anyone think Sam may play Shola?

He is saying attack is the best form of defence so maybe just maybe he could be looking at a 4-3-3 with Owen, Martins and Shola.

Absolutely terrified of this game. I don't know how much you have seen of Portsmouth but it's not going to be fun. They play a 4-3-3 that is very effective and they have a lot of power and pace.

I don't know if we can play against them with a 4-4-2 and have any kind of chance. Their midfield three of Davis/Mendes along with Muntari and Diop will eat us alive the way we've been going lately. Of course Kanu is back now too, so they will have Benjani, Kanu and Utaka upfront. Bloody frightening if you ask me.

If we don't go 4-3-3 to match up with them we will lose this game in my opinion. I'm not looking forward to this one at all I'm afraid.

Viduka will be back for the scum away, so anyone think Sam may play Shola?

He is saying attack is the best form of defence so maybe just maybe he could be looking at a 4-3-3 with Owen, Martins and Shola.

Shola better not play surely if he looks for a target man Smith??

Absolutely terrified of this game. I don't know how much you have seen of Portsmouth but it's not going to be fun. They play a 4-3-3 that is very effective and they have a lot of power and pace.

I don't know if we can play against them with a 4-4-2 and have any kind of chance. Their midfield three of Davis/Mendes along with Muntari and Diop will eat us alive the way we've been going lately. Of course Kanu is back now too, so they will have Benjani, Kanu and Utaka upfront. Bloody frightening if you ask me.

If we don't go 4-3-3 to match up with them we will lose this game in my opinion. I'm not looking forward to this one at all I'm afraid.

You may be right and it will be a tough game. However i'd stick with:

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Faye  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre    Zoggy

Owen  Martins   

Subs; Harper, Taylor, Barton, Butt, Smith

Everyone is just going to have to work very hard, Martins and/or Owen dropping back into midfield to help out when we do not have the ball, likewise wingers geting back working hard, Milner and Zoggy are very capable of getting back and mucking in when we do not have the ball and getting forward when we do. Geremi and Emre are gong to have to work their arses off in midfield too if they can't or don't then replace them. If Emre is non effective then bring Barton on. If one of the wingers aren't effective take one off move Martins to the wing and give Smith another go up front (as very impressed the last/only time he played there for us v Everton).

However when we do have the ball we need a team that is able to open up the opposition/create and score goals!! If we play without two wingers i fear the worst again. We need potency in our attack!