Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

I honestly don't think we played that badly aside from the first three goals.

We started off playing very well, picked up nicely after the 10-minute nightmare, and produced about as much as we usually produced for the rest of the game.

Honestly, if James(MOM for me) hadn't been making reflex saves and cutting passes left and right, the scoreline could easily have been 5-4 or so. And although Pompey played very well, they were certainly lucky with Pamarot's fluke piledriver and the fourth goal. (Granted, we also got away with handball.)

I mean yes, the result is horrible, and but this isn't the one particular game that would make or break my opinion about Big Sam. That would be next week.

Anyone remember Sir Bobby's early days ??

Lets give the bloke a chance man. How many times do we get slagged off in the press for being so impatient.

Yes its shit. Yes we want better but changing again just isnt going to have any positive affect at all.

What is it with Newcastle? Sam didnt have much trouble motivating Bolton, our players havent been motivated since Sir Bob was here

Have you seen how much money these lot get for doing nothing?

We do pay some very generous wages.

I'd think half this side get paid more than Riise does. IN some cases 3 times as much.

We started off playing very well, picked up nicely after the 10-minute nightmare, and produced about as much as we usually produced for the rest of the game.

Honestly, if James(MOM for me) hadn't been making reflex saves and cutting passes left and right, the scoreline could easily have been 5-4 or so. And although Pompey played very well, they were certainly lucky with Pamarot's fluke piledriver and the fourth goal. (Granted, we also got away with handball.)

I mean yes, the result is horrible, and but this isn't the one particular game that would make or break my opinion about Big Sam. That would be next week.

Defence still hasnt been sorted our major problem and Sam has failed

Anyone remember Sir Bobby's early days ??

Lets give the bloke a chance man. How many times do we get slagged off in the press for being so impatient.

Yes its s***. Yes we want better but changing again just isnt going to have any positive affect at all.

Once again I repeat. We wasn't getting raped by our league rivals 4-1 at home.

What a load of s****, away form brought home.

I take it you've just got back from the match.

we havent played well at home this season and have been found out by the first half decent team

Dont know what thats gotto do with me, I'm not being sarcastic, just asking a genuine question given that Mick has a season ticket.

Have Portsmouth any bearing on this result? They arent a pub team remember

It's time we faced up to the reality that teams like Pompey are simply bigger and better than us. In all reality we are a lower-rung premier league team with a fairly formidible home ground which keeps us from getting relegated each year. Any kind of genuine quality will bring us undone every time, ditto any kind of genuine heart.

Pompey played decent, top 8 standard EPL football. You simply cannot play football like that when you have the likes of Milner, Butt, Smith and (on todays form) Barton in your side.

Simply put, we have the three shortest attackers going around on. They have one of the most physically big and strong back lines going. So our entire attack is lobbing in balls at head height to their defensive line. A-Grade tactics there. Like any professional outfit would do, they've sent that s*** back with interest.

Better, yes, a bigger club? No.  Harry has done quite well with them and it has taken a few years.  Allardyce has had months, chill out.  That goes for the rest of you knee-jerkers. 

Tbf, did Pompey get bummed by Newcastle 4-1 at Fratton Park?

What does that have to do with anything? 

What is it with Newcastle? Sam didnt have much trouble motivating Bolton, our players havent been motivated since Sir Bob was here

Have you seen how much money these lot get for doing nothing?

We do pay some very generous wages.

I'd think half this side get paid more than Riise does. IN some cases 3 times as much.

Carr & babayaro who don't play and every fan wants rid of get a week between them what most doctors earn in a year.

José Mourinho cant manage an english club for like 2 years or something.

Quique Sanchez Flores is a young lad, he did really impressive things with Getafe which was his first job, he got Valenca the 3rd place in Ligue 1 in his first season, but got sacked because of some bad results.

We need to go foreign like someone said.

Again, defence was fine aside from the early few minutes when the shit really hit the fan. There's just nothing you can do about that sort of breakdown. Somebody must have raped Cacapa's dog or something.

I'll reserve judgement till next week.

It's been two months FFS

Anyway, dreadful result today but by all accounts it was a fluke start so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Last weeks game was much more worrying.

10 Games in with SA and we aren't maulling every team we play.

Give SA the Chair

:rolleyes:

There's no pleasing some people.

No, but we are getting mauled off teams that will be pushing for UEFA Cup spots - Pompey, Man City.  We're getting beat at the worst teams in the league because Allardyce doesn't think we can go there and get a win.

A few wins doesn't hide the fact we've been shite for 90% of the season.

We'll see what happens next Saturday at the SOS.  Go and play for a draw only for that big cunt Jones to have a field day?  More than likely.

Awful result today, I actually believed that we would do Pompey, despite knowing they are doing alright this year.

The players, mananger and coaches need to have a world with themselves after that performance.

Despite how bad today has been, calls for SA sacking is absurd and I can't believe anyone could be so stupid to say it.  To sack SA after 11 league games is awful considering that this is a far better league start than we have had for many years.  Sam needs more time and support.