Mackems pre match thread

NSG

Its easy to believe though and you can bet with Viduka back that Sam will put Oba on the bench and who could blame him for being pissed of with that. Owen may not have been prolific this season so far but he has been miles better than Owen.

Its easy to believe though and you can bet with Viduka back that Sam will put Oba on the bench and who could blame him for being pissed of with that. Owen may not have been prolific this season so far but he has been miles better than Owen.

I think they've been very similar so far.

Absolutely stupid if Martins has been left out the first team again. Owen has done absolutely f*** all whenever he's played lately.

Neither has Martins to be fair.

He's done more than: sit on his arse on the edge of the box doing nothing but waiting for the ball to be laid on a plate to him (when the midfield are blatantly incapable of doing so)...   which is exactly what Owen's last two 90-minute contributions have been.

I've said this about players before, I have no problem if they throw toys out of the pram because they want to play, pulling a sickie in a huff would be totally different if that's what he's done.

I'm sorry you're right. We have to do what Oba wants because he's the real leader of this team  ???

If Sam chooses Viduka and Owen, then Oba should just accept that. Is it OK for players to throw their toys out of their pram? Remember Bellamy? If it's indeed true, why should Martins be excused.

In my opinion I think Oba deserves to start over Owen, but I would say it's a close call. But it doesn't make it alright for a player to throw a hissy fit, just because we like him.

Thats not what I am saying at all though, of course its not okay for players to have a hissy fit, but I can see why he would have one, I can also believe that Sam will have dropped Oba for Owen.

Martins is our top scorer this season so far and was our top scorer last season, he is bound to be gutted at being dropped, would'nt you?

Not only has Martins been better than Owen this season but we've looked a better team with him playing, especially away from home.

The lack of pace with him out of the side is shocking and it'll be down to N'Zogbia to provide it all now.

Not optimistic about tomorrow.

If some of you guys go to the match tell Ashly we need to spend Abrhmovice kind of money to win some title. Tell him we need big name players like the KK era. Once we start having the the whole city will buzz off. We will not get a better opportunity other than this so pls tell him our message like all the good stuff....... 

I really like this fellow he is a Legend...

Not only has Martins been better than Owen this season but we've looked a better team with him playing, especially away from home.

The lack of pace with him out of the side is shocking and it'll be down to N'Zogbia to provide it all now.

Nail on the head. If Martins is fit, he should be playing tomorrow.

If he's been dropped, he shouldn't be throwing a hissyfit - regardless of whether it was the right decision or not. And therefore, Sam's probably made the right decision by chucking him out of the squad, cos it'll teach him that that's not the correct way to go about things.

Nail on the head. If Martins is fit, he should be playing tomorrow.

If he's been dropped, he shouldn't be throwing a hissyfit - regardless of whether it was the right decision or not. And therefore, Sam's probably made the right decision by chucking him out of the squad, cos it'll teach him that that's not the correct way to go about things.

Its not the right thing to do no, but the fact is we need him on the bench at least, he may have been sent home to cool off but lets hope he still has his place on the bench..

Harper

Taylor Faye Rozenhal N'Zogbia

Barton Smith Emre Milner

Viduka Owen

My ITK-ness suggests the same team - well the same personell - but i can see it lining up more like:

Harper

Taylor  Faye  Rozehnal  N'Zogbia

Smith  Barton  Emre

Owen       Viduka       Milner

Martins has withrawn from the squad saying he is ill.

Real reason being a hissy fit due to not being named in the team.#

Harper

Barton Smith Emre Milner

Viduka Owen

That's the slowest midfield and attack I've seen in years, and Zoggy and Taylor as fullbacks?! :lol:

Fucking hell, lets hope Carlos Edwards isn't 100% because he'll murder N'Zogbia if he is.

Harper

Barton Smith Emre Milner

Viduka Owen

That's the slowest midfield and attack I've seen in years, and Zoggy and Taylor as fullbacks?! :lol:

Fucking hell, lets hope Carlos Edwards isn't 100% because he'll murder N'Zogbia if he is.

3-4-3

Harper

Barton Smith Emre Milner

Viduka Owen

3-4-3

Is this something you know, or a guess?

Absolutely stupid if Martins has been left out the first team again. Owen has done absolutely f*** all whenever he's played lately.

Neither has Martins to be fair.

He's done more than: sit on his arse on the edge of the box doing nothing but waiting for the ball to be laid on a plate to him (when the midfield are blatantly incapable of doing so)...  which is exactly what Owen's last two 90-minute contributions have been.

You can clearly tell then that you don't actually go and watch the games as Owen has been dropping deep all season as he's been feeding off scraps.

Owen does actually link up with the midfield a lot better than martins when we are passing the ball around well.

Martins relies a lot more on others than Owen does in my honest opinion.

Without people putting the ball in front of him in the 18 yard box Owen is of little threat on goal, I couldn't care less about his link play because he shouldn't be that deep in the first place and if he is then we're not creating anything for him in front of goal.

Any confirmation that this Martins rumour is true then?

Apparently he has been ill all week but was named in the squad originally in case he recovered enough to play and because our back up is one F Ameobi!

If he gets another brace again, i for one will be jumping for joy regardless that he is shite.

I'm beginning to feel physically sick already.

Christ I'm pathetic

Why?

I'm at the same stage as Madras tbh. I've done the fretting and worrying and I now realise that no matter how much I worry, it won't make the slightest difference to the result. I just hope that if we do go down tomorrow, we go down fighting. If we just roll over I'll be livid. :)