The Roeder Question.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He should never have been appointed, but he will probably stay until we are in desperate times.

Can you ever imagine if there was a Managerial vacancy at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona or any top club that they would even for a second consider appointing someone of Roeder's calibre and record.

Shepherd has surrounded himself with yes men in the Managers and coaches, and his get out, when it goes pear shaped, will be either to sell up or appoint Alan Shearer. The plot is easy to see.

This is what makes this club big in Shepherds mouth only.

yes, Real appointed Vicente Del Bosque, and he turned out to be their most successful manager in decades.

Barca appointed Rijkaard, who had just got Sparta Rotterdam relegated for the first time in 114 years. we know how that one turned out.

Well, Newcastle will not get anywhere with FS sacking a manager every 12-18 months. As if we weren't already mediocre, sacking Roeder before the end of this season would be as plausible as deliberately contracting AIDS.

[Probably get someone responding to this asking what about when we're struggling in the relegation zone. In honesty, even given the current defensive problems, we should have no problem staying in the top 12[Edit:15 :D], hence Roeder by all effects shouldn't be sacked, because we won't be that far down the table.]

We struggled to beat a pub team on Thursday, I wouldn't go into many games expecting to win the way we're playing.  Roeder needs some good results soon or he's in danger of Freddy swinging the axe.

I can't see even the remotest possibility of us ending up with anyone better, until that changes, it's a bad idea to get rid of Roeder. Fat Fred has already got a reputation as a trigger-happy chairman and too many times he's pulled that trigger without the faintest idea what to do next. If he does it again we will seriously struggle to attract anyone with any kind of reputation to take over as manager and that'll just make things worse.

Before anyone says it, Shearer is NOT the answer.

Spot on Indigo.

Shepherd will not be able to appoint a good manager, they wouldn't work for him, he's our major problem.

I voted for:

At the very least he deserves one full season as long as there is no relegation worries.

He deserves it for turning it round last season.

But if he's bottom 5 by xmas, he needs the boot.

I voted for:

At the very least he deserves one full season as long as there is no relegation worries.

He deserves it for turning it round last season.

But if he's bottom 5 by xmas, he needs the boot.

Does he? I can't believe people think it was the correct decision, that our most important managerial appointment for years, was based on a honeymoon period.

Mine was and still is:

He is the wrong man for the job get him oot as soon as there is another good candidate.

I only went for it as it was the closest to the way I feel.

I would have gone for "Should never had the job in the first place" if it was an option.

Guest BooBoo

I suspect this Roeder team will end up around where we are today in the league. Cant see us having the squad to break into the top ten.