Steve McClaren

Dave

Accepting Mediocre Manager A because it's temporarily better than Shit Manager B is playing right into their hands. That's exactly what they want you to do. They've lowered expectations to the point where some fans are desperate for a bloke who just made a complete hash of getting out of the division that we're currently trying to avoid.

Best thing to do is take a step back and not let yourself be manipulated by this. They don't care about you so don't waste your emotion on them.

I think there'll be parties that want to buy us, Ashley just needs to be brought down a peg or two so that his life's pretty miserable and he's willing to sell at a fair price.  Might take years of pressure but I reckon it'll work on the delicate little flower eventually.

Guest Roger Kint

Accepting Mediocre Manager A because it's temporarily better than Shit Manager B is playing right into their hands. That's exactly what they want you to do. They've lowered expectations to the point where some fans are desperate for a bloke who just made a complete hash of getting out of the division that we're currently trying to avoid.

Best thing to do is take a step back and not let yourself be manipulated by this. They don't care about you so don't waste your emotion on them.

Well said :thup:

Neither are going to convince me that NUFC will advance beyond mere survival in the bottom half of the league. Couldnt give a s*** how desperate you are for it but accepting mediocrity as an alternative to abject failure is embarrassing. Either way i wont be watching Ashley give him the bare bones to accomplish 40 points each year

I agree, but there is, obviously, only one way we can rise from mediocrity, and that is by change of ownership.

Until theres someone prepared to buy us and fans are prepared to walk away completely(already some saying its a step up on Carver so will stay) there will be no change imo

I haven't set foot in the stadium for over 2 years, i haven't bought a shirt for 6-7 years and I won't do either until there's a change of ownership.

But that doesn't stop me supporting the team and when they play I want them to play well and win. That will never change.

I have accepted that under Ashley we will never challenge and we'll continue to lurch from disaster to disaster so when we're offered a possible ray of light in the form of an actual football manager who has some credentials forgive me for being positive. It's not a feeling of excitement, it's more a feeling of relief.

The alternative is certain relegation under a cretin who continually embarasses everyone associated with this club like his mentor before him.

Guest Roger Kint

Glad watching us on TV hoping to aim for 12th under Ashley is a positive to you. Sorry but i cant raise the tiniest bit of interest in that existence, thats not NUFC and getting a manager who his lower league club fans dont even want isnt exactly setting my pulse racing.

Glad watching us on TV hoping to aim for 12th under Ashley is a positive to you. Sorry but i cant raise the tiniest bit of interest in that existence, thats not NUFC and getting a manager who his lower league club fans dont even want isnt exactly setting my pulse racing.

Nor mine but i'd rather see as much of the club's integrity maintained so that when a new owner finally comes along and saves us from this pit of despair we at least have something salvagable.

As i said in my previous post, McLaren wouldn't represent excitement but his appoimtment would be something of a relief.

If you didn't still support the team, surely you wouldn't be on this forum?  Well unless you have a spare £350m lying around you're just going to have to endure it like the rest of us or find a new team to follow.

We know that NUFC under Ashley is a shadow of what it could and should be and that supporting the team is hard fucking work but if you turn your back on them completely then the fat cunt really has won.

I'm not accepting Ashley's way any more than you are but seeing the team managed by a safe pair of hands with some management credentials would be infinitely preferable to seeing it managed by Pardew, Carver, Kinnear etc.

Guest Roger Kint

Nor mine but i'd rather see as much of the club's integrity maintained so that when a new owner finally comes along and saves us from this pit of despair we at least have something salvagable.

As i said in my previous post, McLaren wouldn't represent excitement but his appoimtment would be something of a relief.

If you didn't still support the team, surely you wouldn't be on this forum?  Well unless you have a spare £350m lying around you're just going to have to endure it like the rest of us or find a new team to follow.

We know that NUFC under Ashley is a shadow of what it could and should be and that supporting the team is hard fucking work but if you turn your back on them completely then the fat cunt really has won.

I'm not accepting Ashley's way any more than you are but seeing the team managed by a safe pair of hands with some management credentials would be infinitely preferable to seeing it managed by Pardew, Carver, Kinnear etc.

What absurd logic, this forum is more than just NUFC. Utterly stupid to suggest i would leave just because i am not watchig our games :lol:

What on earth would Ashley sell for if the majority agreed with you and were happy with SMC acheiving his PL status each year by simply existing in the bottom half? Enough fans accepting this bullshit and him getting TV cash wouldnt change a fucking thing.

Dont get how you can say you agree aboutAshley yet accept more mediocrity as its a paler shade of shite

Never thought he was coming after he rejected the last approach. Knowing us it was probably a 'now or never' type thing, massively underestimating how unappealing we are.

The "now or never" aspect would likely be about our willingness to pay compensation, if he resigns first then it changes the formula significantly.

We know that NUFC under Ashley is a shadow of what it could and should be and that supporting the team is hard f***ing work but if you turn your back on them completely then the fat c*** really has won.

What absurd logic, this forum is more than just NUFC. Utterly stupid to suggest i would leave just because i am not watchig our games :lol:

What on earth would Ashley sell for if the majority agreed with you and were happy with SMC acheiving his PL status each year by simply existing in the bottom half? Enough fans accepting this bullshit and him getting TV cash wouldnt change a f***ing thing.

Dont get how you can say you agree aboutAshley yet accept more mediocrity as its a paler shade of s****

It seems you have missed my point entirely. In fact, you've missed it so badly you're in another fucking stratosphere.

I protest against this regime in every way it is in my power to do and i will continue to stay away and put no money into the club while Ashley is here. But NUFC is in my blood. I'd love to not support the team but sadly that isn't an option.  Do i enjoy watching us? Nope.

I hope the protests ramp up to such a degree that Ashley has no option but to sell up. I hope the man goes bankrupt and suffers a horrible, painful death. But in the meantime, the team still has to play football in whatever league we find ourselves in and i'd rather it was managed by an actual football manager than a walking potato.  If I had it my way we'd hire Rafa, spend some money on decent players and aim for Europe again.  But i don't have it my way do i?

I don't accept mediocrity any more than you do.  If you can think of something more I can do to change the mentality of the owner, i'm all ears pal?

Never thought he was coming after he rejected the last approach. Knowing us it was probably a 'now or never' type thing, massively underestimating how unappealing we are.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up here, Derby probably want shot of him after this season's failure. He could have come earlier if he hadn't bottled it, now he might have realised there's no future for him in the midlands and he'll grab a lifeline. I'm surprised Ashley went back in though, perhaps he just leaves all the decision making to Charnley these days.

I always thought McClaren was a spineless cunt, his behaviour over the last 6 months has only strengthened that view.

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

:lol:

What's so funny, then?

That some people cannot understand why others would be unhappy with McLaren. I can understand that some are happy/content with him as a choice but personally

i wouldn't be happy. Yes there's much more worse options but that doesn't change that i want a more high calibre one. Yeah the club will probably not go for my type

of manager, but i'm still not gonna be happy with it!

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

The alternatives are Remi Garde, Thomas Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Christophe Galtier.......

The alternatives are Remi Garde, Thomas Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Christophe Galtier.......

No they're not. In a different time, on a different planet under a different owner they would be but under this prick the alternative is John Carver.

It seems this situation needs some clarification because clearly some of you can't read:

Do i want John Carver as manager? No

Do i want Steve McLaren as manager? No

Do i want John McLaren as manager? No

Do i want Steve Carver as manager? No

Would i be HAPPY with either of them? No

If i HAD TO choose between the two, who would i go for? McLaren 100%

Are there any other candidates i would prefer to get the job? Yes, at least 30 including Garde, Klopp, Keegan, Galtier, Ancelotti........

Any questions?

No they're not. In a different time, on a different planet under a different owner they would be but under this prick the alternative is John Carver.

It seems this situation needs some clarification because clearly some of you can't read:

Are there any other candidates i would prefer to get the job? Yes, at least 30 including Garde, Klopp, Keegan, Galtier, Ancelotti........

Any questions?

Ooo, sassy.

Any questions?

Hang on, which McLaren would you go for, Steve or John?

If you're quite happy to settle for the shite you're getting fed then i'm not sure why you're even in this discussion tbh.

Garde, Tuchel, et al are alternatives no matter what your sperm donors tell you.  If we don't go for them it's not a reason to dismiss them as alternatives, it's a reason to burn penfold and his jabba like master to the ground.

Steve McClaren's future at Derby County has been plunged back into doubt as he heads for crunch talks with the club hierarchy.

McClaren will meet with Derby chief executive Sam Rush on Thursday with his position increasingly uncertain and he could even depart the iPro Stadium in the next 48 hours.

GWWA