Steve McClaren

Dave

Haven't posted for ages. (So p***d off with everything NUFC).

I still won't go back until I see real evidence of investing in true growth and development in the club.

However, I think McLaren deserves to be given a chance. Yes, he has recent failings. However in his career - he also had huge achievements - both as a coach and manager (no need to repeat them).

I still don't believe a word about what the FCB says - actions truly do, speak louder than words!!!! But, at least Carver and Stone leaving suggests that thing might be moving for the better.

I think supporters should get behind the new head coach at the start of the season, as long as there has ALSO been progressive investment in the woefully under-strength and short of numbers squad.

BUT, I'm not holding my breath!!

Whatever McClaren is, he's professional. He's not a chancer like Pardew or Carver, and that alone is cause for a modicum of optimism. He speaks well, he conducts himself well, and by all accounts knows his stuff. I just sincerely hope we're one of his 'hits' and not misses, like at Forest.

WHEN WILL YOU FIRST MEET THE PLAYERS?

I’ll try and ring round to speak to them. Steven Taylor is here now so I’ve caught up with him.

:lol: Of course he is, f***ing Steven Taylor.

Oh for goodness sake ... already sucking up the creep.

I still won't go back until I see real evidence of investing in true growth and development in the club.

However, I think McLaren deserves to be given a chance. Yes, he has recent failings. However in his career - he also had huge achievements - both as a coach and manager (no need to repeat them).

I still don't believe a word about what the FCB says - actions truly do, speak louder than words!!!! But, at least Carver and Stone leaving suggests that thing might be moving for the better.

I think supporters should get behind the new head coach at the start of the season, as long as there has ALSO been progressive investment in the woefully under-strength and short of numbers squad.

I wish people would stop saying the bollocks in bold.

Why does Steve McClaren deserve a chance at managing a club he has no association with in a town he has no association with?  He's either been sacked or walked away from his last 5 jobs which he was failing at and he's turned the job down twice when in less than 6 months when it suited him to do so.

Really, he shouldn't be anywhere near the club and he definitely does not deserve the job, far from it.

Said all the right things, but he's no bull shitter, he'll know the job having seen us rocking at it's best and being beaten by Sir Bobby's teams. I like the clean slate bit which he'd of course say but would love to see Sylvain and Mehdi get their fair chances.

So nice to hear a manager not talking shit and not overly using clichés.

Never once mention "needing the fans". The players won't know what to do now there's someone working with them on the training ground.

Good article up with McClaren talking about the current players and last year's injuries.

A breath of fresh air man. This one at the very least has something between his ears.

Pretty sure there was a time when Pardew came across well and was considered a breath of fresh air as well.....

Absolutely not. Never.

Except it was, right after that talk in where he spoke of a defender who could score 6 a season, trying to sign Debuchy and whole manner of positive things.

The large majority were positive about him around that point, the same will happen with McClaren don't be deluded.

Why does Steve McClaren deserve a chance at managing a club he has no association with in a town he has no association with?

Nobody said he deserves the job, just that now he's got it he deserves a chance.  Simply because he isn't useless, he might just be a good coach.

Why does Steve McClaren deserve a chance at managing a club he has no association with in a town he has no association with?  He's either been sacked or walked away from his last 5 jobs which he was failing at and he's turned the job down twice when in less than 6 months when it suited him to do so.

Really, he shouldn't be anywhere near the club and he definitely does not deserve the job, far from it.

So someone new comes in, who is well respected as being a good coach, gets rid of the old staff, says some positive intentions in every interview, and your not even willing to give him a chance?

Nobody said he deserves the job, just that now he's got it he deserves a chance.  Simply because he isn't useless, he might just be a good coach.

He doesn't deserve anything, all he's done so far is waffle on.  He's saying the right things today which is good but nothing that anybody else in his position wouldn't be doing.

So someone new comes in, who is well respected as being a good coach, gets rid of the old staff, says some positive intentions in every interview, and your not even willing to give him a chance?

I wouldn't have given him the chance of taking the job after he's turned us down twice and failed again at another club.  On giving him a change, I've got no option now that he has the job and I hope he does well.