Steve McClaren

Dave

He promised attacking football and I have rarely seen a team sit as deep at home.

The news is that West Ham beat Arsenal comfortably by attacking them and then Liverpool by attacking them. McLaren is as s*** scared as Pardew was to attack teams ... even before the sending off we had set the pattern... if this continues we will lose an awful lot of games by defending a 0-0 'lead'

Not a wind up this we have the personnel to attack teams but not it seems the managerial instruction.

4 games in and absolute s*** as usual from a gutless manager in charge of a half decent squad.

Very very disappointed ... promised the earth and is delivering dross... passing team?... f**k off everybody has out-possessed us so far Southampton Swansea ManU Arsenal dreadful approach unconvincing appointment... already thinking of how it may have been under Laudrup for instance :(

Put down the fosters, that 4.1% is no good for you.

Guest Howaythetoon

Stick with Cisse and get wide and we will create chances and score some goals, but it may be to the detriment of our football/play. Regardless its going to take 6 months maybe to establish a style/game plan and what works best for us RE the players we have.

How can we not look like scoring when Mitrovic hit the bar

And thauvin was a toe away from scoring. Amazing how stupid some people are.

Or that shot Ayoze had that just went wide versus Man Utd.

Think a few are being harsh. So we had less possession than all of the teams mentioned? Southampton, Swansea, Man United and Arsenal for fuck sake, could understand if it was Villa, Sunderland and the like. We have been down to ten in two of the games and it has obviously fucked any game plan we had up. Give the bloke a chance,we are for games in and whilst we haven't set the world alight we haven't been anywhere near as dross as we were most of the last three seasons. Hopefully we can show more in our next few fixtures and get a few wins under our belts.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll make my decision on him once the He's Not Pardew Honeymoon Period wears off. I've never liked him as a manager, I'll keep an open mind, the jury's still out for me and probably will be for a while.

He promised attacking football and I have rarely seen a team sit as deep at home.

The news is that West Ham beat Arsenal comfortably by attacking them and then Liverpool by attacking them. McLaren is as s*** scared as Pardew was to attack teams ... even before the sending off we had set the pattern... if this continues we will lose an awful lot of games by defending a 0-0 'lead'

Not a wind up this we have the personnel to attack teams but not it seems the managerial instruction.

4 games in and absolute s*** as usual from a gutless manager in charge of a half decent squad.

Very very disappointed ... promised the earth and is delivering dross... passing team?... f**k off everybody has out-possessed us so far Southampton Swansea ManU Arsenal dreadful approach unconvincing appointment... already thinking of how it may have been under Laudrup for instance :(

Put down the fosters, that 4.1% is no good for you.

Nah man, that looks like Special brew talk.

Only the Thauvin situation was a clear cut chance. And that was last minute when the other team was pouring forward to score. 

Mitro and Perez are half chances man. It would take something from the top drawer for us to score from those situations. Half chance.

We've created very little since Southampton.  That's a problem IMO. 

How can we not look like scoring when Mitrovic hit the bar

And thauvin was a toe away from scoring. Amazing how stupid some people are.

Or that shot Ayoze had that just went wide versus Man Utd.

Apart from all of those chances we haven't looked like scoring though.

The fact he's managed to get a back four that was a complete fucking shambles for at least 18 months, probably more, well drilled enough in a few months to go to OT and play 70 minutes against Arsenal with ten men and only concede one heavily deflected goal is a minor fucking miracle. We're not the finished article by any means but there are genuine signs if progress.

Statistically its been a poor start for him but it really is a case of the statistics are lying. Not only about the football and the organisation, but the attitude and the professionalism off the park, its all adding up.

I really do think his bad experiences have played a part in what we are seeing already, and im sure with the right support from the board he can make us respectable again.

SJP is a totally different place right now, i feel it calling me back.

Only the Thauvin situation was a clear cut chance. And that was last minute when the other team was pouring forward to score. 

Mitro and Perez are half chances man. It would take something from the top drawer for us to score from those situations. Half chance.

Well we've played two of the best teams in the league and we've played two games with 10 men. It's hardly a surprise.

Nobody is f***ing denying or mentioning the other teams chances man. You're over exaggeratedly stupid claim is another outlandishly poor comment. You're wrong. We created chances in that game.

Guest Howaythetoon

All I know is that this set-up, this side, looks a million miles away from the Pardew and the Carver shit, results notwithstanding.

Think you need to look at the bigger picture here. It's quite obvious McLaren is building from the back. Make us harder to beat by being organised so everyone knows their jobs defensively.  Once that sinks in throughout the squad, then we can work on pushing forward more.  I would have my concerns if after 15 games we hadn't scored many though. It was never going to happen overnight.