Steve McClaren

Dave

I honestly can't be arsed to do anything but take the p*ss now. It's like talking to each other in different languages - the persistent "No actually you're incorrect, he's more of an orthodox semi shuttler than a deep lying firework manufacturer, due mainly to his disciplined gegenpressing" stuff has made this part of the forum barely worth bothering with now.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I enjoyed learning about gegenpressing....

I always go for the firstpressing, I mean why wait til everyone else has had their fun with the olives? Fourthpressing. Like that's gonna be a party in your mouth... I don't think!

I honestly can't be arsed to do anything but take the p*ss now. It's like talking to each other in different languages - the persistent "No actually you're incorrect, he's more of an orthodox semi shuttler than a deep lying firework manufacturer, due mainly to his disciplined gegenpressing" stuff has made this part of the forum barely worth bothering with now.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:

What's funnier is that despite all these fancy terms a lot of it still doesn't make any sense. This must have been what it was like when Charles Hughes first devised the concept of the long ball game.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-uniteds-goalscoring-10037580

Asked whether his team have enough goals in them, McClaren said: “At the present moment, no. But then again we have played two games with ten men. We have talked about that a lot. I think we have got strikers who can score and players who can score. But in two games that has been virtually impossible with ten men against good quality opponents.

“And against Manchester United it is always difficult, but we could have won it with the last kick.

“Against Southampton I was encouraged with the opportunities we scored two goals with. We have not been able to kick on from the Southampton game, and that for me is very frustrating and very disappointing.

“So I think we are all looking and going, ‘Is that going to be a problem this year?’ It won’t be answered until we have played a few more games.”

Newcastle were looking for another striker in the transfer window and had an interest in Charlie Austin. But McClaren said he feels they have enough strikers with Cisse staying on Tyneside.

He said: “I think we have got four here. It was a question that if we lost one, then yeah maybe.

“But I think four is enough, give me five and I don’t sleep at night, with four I even struggle. Give me three quality ones. So I think we have got the players here that can score, not just strikers but wide players now with Ayo, Florian and Moussa and Wijnaldum can score from midfield. We are just not seeing it at the moment.”

Positive. :thup: Though I'm not sure who the fourth striker is if Perez is a wide player.

That'd make some sense if Obertan had played on the right but out left he was never any threat to get to the byline and put crosses in.

Really think he just reckoned Obertan mightn't be shite, worrying a thought as that is.

I think he just wants/wanted to play with a basic set-up early doors, including an orthodox winger. Obertan was the only one we had until we signed Thauvin. If Sissoko and Thauvin aren't getting the nod against West Ham and Watford, I'll be a little concerned.