Steve McClaren

Dave

Give the players a brolly each to help them remember the tactics. If not all the players should have the same haircut as the manager to acknowledge having the manager's brain and approach inside them. Very practical tips from my new book 'Transform Yourself' on sale from good outlets all over :)

The problem is, he's been heavily backed (by our standards) in the transfer market.  It seems that he's getting players he wants, as well.  At least recently anyway.  I guess Townsend and Shelvey, are two players he wanted.  Ashley spent the best part of £25m to get them. 

Despite the fact I have no confidence in him getting us out of this mess.  I don't think Ashley will give McClaren the ol Spanish archer.  Although I do think he's shitting himself about missing out on the big TV money.  So maybe he would be open to paying up Schteve's contract and getting someone in to sort out this shit show? 

I hope so.  I don't like either of them. But I'd take Moyes or Rodgers right now and I'd fancy them to get us to safety.  Hopefully at the very least.  We'd get the new manager bounce. 

He really is a f***ing mong.  Absolutely horrendous away from home and has no idea how to control a game or even implement an effective gameplan.  Fluked a win at Bournemouth and actually played well in the second half away to Spurs.  But apart from that, we have been pathetic on our travels.  Only Villa have been worse, but only by a point.  Even they've managed to score more goals than us.  6 goals.  SIX?!  We create one, maybe two chances a game when playing away from SJP.  With our less than prolific strikers, that is just unacceptable. 

The team was an absolute mess.  2-3 players at most seemed up for it.  When Mitro came on, WTF formation were we supposed to be playing?  Townsend right, Sissoko centre mid, but still playing on the right?  Shelvey just seemed to stand next to the centre backs for most the second half.  I'm not sure Wijnaldum was even on the pitch.  Perez was stuck out on the left and he was even more invisible than he was up front.  The defence was all over the placer, even before the injuries.  Players just strolling forward with the ball and losing it.  Letting runners go by them for fun and constantly leaving the likes of Kone and Barkely, have a couple of touches unchallenged.  Urgh. 

We are relying on a fair few home wins and Norwich and Sunderland carrying on their equally s*** run of form.  Otherwise, we're as good as down.  Away to Norwich will give them a boost, as I don't fancy us to even manage a draw against anyone on the road. 

I can't quite get over how s*** we were last night.  Considering how bad we have been for a long time, that is saying something.

These are basically my thoughts too.

What the hell does he say to them before an away game? We are literally absolutely clueless away from home. 6 goals all season away from home man, just say it to yourself - 6 goals.

Thing is, Ashley is going to leave it too late before he (or he demands Charnley to do it) pulls the trigger. We're doomed.

I've been pro McClaren since we signed him and up until last night I've been convinced he'd get it right.

I think if we fail to beat West Brom at the weekend we really need to take a chance on replacing him because the alternative is only going to end in the Championship.

I can only imagine a replacement will be uninspiring though.

I've been pro McClaren since we signed him and up until last night I've been convinced he'd get it right.

I think if we fail to beat West Brom at the weekend we really need to take a chance on replacing him because the alternative is only going to end in the Championship.

What's Joe doing these days?

Fuck me St1pey.  What have you based that on?!  :lol: 

You must be a very optimistic and positive bloke.  I was convinced he'd get it wrong, the day we brought him in.  By wrong, I mean lower to mid table, whilst playing better football than Pardew and Carver.  Maybe flirt with relegation a couple of times during the season.  I was still willing to give him a chance.  Turns out, after about 5-6 games, it looked like the writing was on the wall.  Still, I didn't expect to be in the bottom three all season long  :undecided:

It's not worth worrying about his replacement.  If we have that attitude then we'd still be stuck with Pardew.

Every time they appoint some no mark who isn't good enough we need to hound them out and keep doing it until we get someone decent.

I was never excited by his appointment. He was in my eyes as far away from being the ideal man for us.

He is a good coach, but not the manager/boss we need. We need a strong character who have a clear plan and idea he can sell to the players.

McClaren have none of this traits if you ask me.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for as long as i could.

It ended yesterday.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-preview-everton-v-newcastle-united-goodison-park-03feb16-ko-19-45-pm-premier-league/

The euphoria of the performance against West Ham was sufficiently punctured by McClaren who played an unnecessary, mental formation.  The team was playing well 4 4 1 1, and McClaren changed it to counter the threat of Deeney and Igahlo – who scored 4 goals between them against us in 3 games. Well done Steve.  Please lets go back to normal against this lot.

McClaren simply can’t set a team up away from home.  It was his downfall with England.  One goal and one point from Russia, Croatia and Israel away in qualifying. Or not qualifying as it turned out.  At Boro there were two seasons in which his sides scored 12 (twelve) goals in 19 away league games.  Twelve! His average away goals tally at Middelsborough was 17.  In 19 games.  It’s not good enough.  Newcastle United’s major problem last season was our away form.  We won just 3 out of 19 away games last season.  Only QPR managed less.  So who did Charnley and Carr hire to arrest this slump away from home?  The man who’s away record in England at the highest level is a disaster.  What a surprise we’re heading for relegation

Worth another bump.  Following the same path at NUFC. 

f*** me St1pey.  What have you based that on?!  :lol: 

You must be a very optimistic and positive bloke.  I was convinced he'd get it wrong, the day we brought him in.  By wrong, I mean lower to mid table, whilst playing better football than Pardew and Carver.  Maybe flirt with relegation a couple of times during the season.  I was still willing to give him a chance.  Turns out, after about 5-6 games, it looked like the writing was on the wall.  Still, I didn't expect to be in the bottom three all season long  :undecided:

I always found him knowledgeable in interviews and pundit roles. Derby were absolute gash when he took over and he had them way overachieving. They've spent fortunes since he left and they're still garbage.

I was so sick of Pardew and his arrogance I really liked the idea of having an honest bloke who's widely regarded as a good coach that could improve the underperforming players we had/have. Although the biggest reason was he was doing the punditry in our second leg against Benfica and he basically tore apart Pardew's tactics and explained why we were getting run over in the middle of the pitch, it was like an on air job plea. I was convinced if he'd got a chance for us he'd sort us out...

Other fine pieces of prediction work from me was seeing Didier Zakora in an early ACON and being convinced he'd go on to be one of the best players in the world. It's like I've got a knack for believing my own over the top outlandish bollocks.

For anymore brilliant predictions like this sent me a pm :D

Needs to be sacked, simple as that. We're probably down anyway but with him left in charge it's a certainty.

We have 7 very winnable games against teams around us, and Palace. If we binned this fool now we'd probably beat WBA and then who knows. If we lost to WBA then lose the next two, as we will, then action has to be taken as there would still be time win 6 of those games at that stage.

Guest Roger Kint

Needs to be sacked, simple as that. We're probably down anyway but with him left in charge it's a certainty.

He has 7 wins in his last 37 league games and two of those were against already relegated Wigan & Blackpool :lol: Absolutely nothing to suggest he will turn this round, he stays we dont basically barring some more freak results

Guest Roger Kint

St1pe, didn't Derby spend a fair bit when he was there?  I'm sure they had some decent players on loan, at least.  I thought they had a high wage bill by Championship standards, as well?

Ince and Bent scored about 25 goals from January onwards and they still only beat two relegated sides in their last 13 games. He was well backed by them throughout

It's not worth worrying about his replacement.  If we have that attitude then we'd still be stuck with Pardew.

Every time they appoint some no mark who isn't good enough we need to hound them out and keep doing it until we get someone decent.