Steve McClaren

Dave

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-mcclaren-knows-newcastle-future-7506785?

Asked if he felt betrayed by his men, McClaren started to admit his real thoughts for once: “I feel angry and ­frustrated. We work with these players and they are better than that. Only a few can come out and say they have the character to handle that.

“This team, some days you go, ‘Wow’. Others you go ‘Wow, look how poor they are’.”

:lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-mcclaren-knows-newcastle-future-7506785?

Asked if he felt betrayed by his men, McClaren started to admit his real thoughts for once: “I feel angry and ­frustrated. We work with these players and they are better than that. Only a few can come out and say they have the character to handle that.

“This team, some days you go, ‘Wow’. Others you go ‘Wow, look how poor they are’.”

I don't understand, wasn't character profiling one of our (other) innovations into the world of football, after we got rid of the likes of Barton and Carroll who actually gave a damn?

I don't understand, wasn't character profiling one of our (other) innovations into the world of football, after we got rid of the likes of Barton and Carroll who actually gave a damn?

It's because the spoke their mind - alone with Nolan, Harper, etc. Thats why they were bombed out - no room for dissenters in Mike Ashley's world!

McClaren over in June:

New boss McClaren said: “There is expectation here, and 52,000 fans demand a performance. To do that we need characters.

“I’ve had a long chat with Graham. Top of the formula in terms of recruitment is character. Everything starts with that.

“I’ve worked abroad and with foreign players, and I had foreigners at Middlesbrough [when he was manager there a decade ago]. It doesn’t matter where they are from if they have character. That’s what we have to recruit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-steve-mcclaren-says-transfer-5860995

Is it just hopeful to think that they might expect us to get absolutely raped by Leicester no matter what. Which is why they are not pulling the trigger until after that match and are already working on a new manager?

It's stick with what you've got or swap for the mystery box. We'll all take the mystery box in this scenario.

I'm terrified as to who they'll get but we may actually get a new manager bounce for once. Whoever it is should only get a contract until the end of the season. No point giving a longer contract. It gives those who aren't interested in managing a Championship team a get out if the rescue mission fails. If all goes well and we don't get relegated, negotiate a longer contract then (but make the contract a lot less than 8 years).

I fear it will be a dull, boring manager.

Would rather let Cathro have it for 10 games than Pearson. It would be a pathetic choice. If he kept us up he'd be there next season and it will exactly be the same. Small minded appointments get you the seasons they deserve. This club has been making shocking long term appointments since Robson left.

These players need someone who can completely galvanise them.

Appoint someone decent and off them a chance to leave if they don't keep us up, their choice. If they do, then he stays and tries to get us fighting up the right end of the table.

Pearson is a nutcase. I expect to go down anyway so him coming and possibly filling in one of our cowardly lot gives him my vote.

The press conferences alone would be worth it.

Pearson? I know things are bad, but..

I reckon it'll be Moyes but really hope it isn't a British manager, they're all fucking yes men

That's rubbish, for a start. We just tend to hire British yes men.

That Independent article mentions Llambias potentially getting involved again. Terrifying that I think he would be an improvement on Charnley.

Can't see that happening, lot of bad vibes with Ashley when he left.

Hypothetically if Wally does get sacked and a decent manager gets appointed, the shitty season might just have been worth it if Penfold is sacked and a proper chairman get's appointed, which is likely as Mike doesn't seem to have any chums left to take up a puppet position.

The fact is that he's gotten nothing back for everything that was spent, he'll be seething.

That Independent article mentions Llambias potentially getting involved again. Terrifying that I think he would be an improvement on Charnley.

Can't see that happening, lot of bad vibes with Ashley when he left.

Hypothetically if Wally does get sacked and a decent manager gets appointed, the shitty season might just have been worth it if Penfold is sacked and a proper chairman get's appointed, which is likely as Mike doesn't seem to have any chums left to take up a puppet position.

The fact is that he's gotten nothing back for everything that was spent, he'll be seething.

The kissed and made up and he worked for him at Rangers.