Steve McClaren

Dave

The saddest thing was he abandoned the positives on show from the West Ham game, particularly the first half performance, and did a Pardew by formulating a plan/formation to contain the opposition. In doing so Gini & Shelv were cast into relative anonymity - the most.

I thought Aarons, after a lay-off, was hung out to dry.

Aarons needs to sort himself out, living off the back off two or three decent cameos.

One game back from a long layoff and gets played like some sort of a total football Dutch fullback from the 1970s. Aye.

He was our best player on the LW in pre season and McC has never used him there.

5 points in the last 7 games he has to go before it's too late and maybe it is already. How people can even attempty to try and stick up for this fraud is honestly bewildering.

As long as we can get someone in better, Any idea which mug that would be ?

5 points in the last 7 games he has to go before it's too late and maybe it is already. How people can even attempty to try and stick up for this fraud is honestly bewildering.

Moyes or Rodgers ?

Moyes or Rodgers ?

Moyes, maybe. Rodgers? Fuck that. We need someone with character. If our squad stays the same, only a fucking Mourinho has the bollocks and fire to save us.

Moyes or Rodgers ?

Moyes maybe would come  , but not sure Rodgers is any better to be honest.

Moyes or Rodgers ?

Maybe we can find another club hero to come in with 8 games left to save us and then bin for Paul Simpson at beginning of next season :-)

Or is Big Joe ready for a comeback :-)

Moyes probably our best option I suspect

Moyes or Rodgers ?

Maybe we can find another club hero to come in with 8 games left to save us and then bin for Paul Simpson at beginning of next season :-)

Or is Big Joe ready for a comeback :-)

Moyes probably our best option I suspect

I be happy with Moyes to be honest ., what is lee Clark doing these days ?

I'm not sure it will ever be Pardew levels of disgust and hatred.  But this bloke is fucking awful. 

Reads from the same script every week and it's infuriating.  No idea how to change things, if our supposed 'plan' isn't working, which is exactly the same as Pardew.  Has a team with some pretty talented players, in serious danger of getting relegated.  We should be a good few places higher IMO.

Standard disclaimer about nothing changes until Ashley goes.  But McClaren is doing a terrible job with what he has available.

The club is lumbered with the worst combination at off-field management level - we have probably the most useless, timid, inexperienced and talentless MD in Charnley who is so far out of his depth and beholden to Ashley for his unwarranted position, combined with a manager who has failed in all the big challenges he has taken on. His only success in the UK was a LC win for Boro and for me, that was the highline of his career ; failed at England, moderate success in a much less competitive Dutch league followed by a disastrous spell in the Midlands resulting in Derby firing him after he had been linked with NUFC(which he turned down)but mainly because he presided over them falling away disastrously from the promotion positions after being in the upper reaches for most of the season.

He was appointed by Charnley because he was prepared to swallow any control over buying of players and not challenge Charnley's running of the club under Ashleyl

Nobody can surely be that surprised that we are now in serious danger of returning to the Championship under this guy despite all that has been spent, the biggest waste of which has been the purchase of Thauvin - thanks to another of the off-field star men, Carr, who, along with the other muppets, has had a fine pension pot addition thanks to Ashley's great personnel selection.

Nevertheless, even if McClaren went we are most unlikely to get a decent manager unless Moyes fancies a crack at the job until something better comes along because nobody good wants to work under Ashley & Co.

Hard to see how we are going to escape this death-spiral.

We are the only club in the relegation mire who have not changed their manager. Yesterday Swansea won thus getting the effect of new manager syndrome. We need to follow suit. Schteve is now clearly going to take us down even with new players. His ineptitude is reaching new heights, tactical unawareness staggering, inability to use substitutes effectively, incredible playing of players out of position and week in week out fielding an unbalanced team. Where is any threat from our left flank? It used to be funny listening to his post match comments but now they are stupid and unbelievable. What is it he can't see that 50,000 other people see every time they play? The frustration is reaching unheard of levels.

The club is lumbered with the worst combination at off-field management level - we have probably the most useless, timid, inexperienced and talentless MD in Charnley who is so far out of his depth and beholden to Ashley for his unwarranted position, combined with a manager who has failed in all the big challenges he has taken on. His only success in the UK was a LC win for Boro and for me, that was the highline of his career ; failed at England, moderate success in a much less competitive Dutch league followed by a disastrous spell in the Midlands resulting in Derby firing him after he had been linked with NUFC(which he turned down)but mainly because he presided over them falling away disastrously from the promotion positions after being in the upper reaches for most of the season.

He was appointed by Charnley because he was prepared to swallow any control over buying of players and not challenge Charnley's running of the club under Ashleyl

Nobody can surely be that surprised that we are now in serious danger of returning to the Championship under this guy despite all that has been spent, the biggest waste of which has been the purchase of Thauvin - thanks to another of the off-field star men, Carr, who, along with the other muppets, has had a fine pension pot addition thanks to Ashley's great personnel selection.

Nevertheless, even if McClaren went we are most unlikely to get a decent manager unless Moyes fancies a crack at the job until something better comes along because nobody good wants to work under Ashley & Co.

Hard to see how we are going to escape this death-spiral.

Yeah pretty much.  No manager worth his salt would work under shuch an awful structure.  This is why we pick managers up from the scrap heap. 

You only have to look at the appointment of Kinnear all those years ago to get an idea of what Ashley is about.

Charnley is a puppet, Ashley made a statement last year telling us that the football board make all the decisions and he just stands by a lets them, however Pullis confirmed last week that Ashley had been dealing directly with Pearce. I've said it a thousand times if people are prepared to work for Ashley under the current conditions then that automatically makes them the wrong men for the job.

Charnley is a puppet, Ashley made a statement last year telling us that the football board make all the decisions and he just stands by a lets them, however Pullis confirmed last week that Ashley had been dealing directly with Pearce. I've said it a thousand times if people are prepared to work for Ashley under the current conditions then that automatically makes them the wrong men for the job.

i didn't really take that as confirmation like, is that what people thought?  i just took it as pulis being an arsehole

He's not doing enough to make a poor squad better than it actually is.

Saying that I don't really buy all these 'the talent is there' comments. In terms of experienced PL players in their prime who are actually good, we started the season with Krul, Sissoko and Janmaat. That's it. Everyone else is old, new, young or shit. Not exactly a great situation to go into.

I don't dislike Steve McClaren as a person - he seems a decent bloke and I wish it would work out for him for all our sakes. I also hate changing managers and think that stabilty brings success. However, that is only if you have the right bolke in the first place.

Unfortunately Steve is just not a good enough manager and never was. Most of us knew that from the start but he was an easy choice as he was free and available. Never in Ashley's tenure have we gone out and actually spent money to recruit a manager/coach who was on the up at his current club. It seems to be the feeling that the coach is more or less an irrelevance and if we spend money on half-decent but cheaply acquired players now and then any old fool should be able to mould them into a side capable of keeping the TV money rolling in.

We would be much better off if Charnley admitted he got it wrong in the summer, and we used the Townsend or Berahino money to sack off McClaren and bring in a top coach. Despite the fact we are missing a natural goal scorer, a left back, and a centre-half (at the bare minimum), this current squad has enough about it to already be at the 30 point mark in the right hands.

Even if they wanted to continue the current approach and get a manager who is free, they could still improve with Rodgers, Moyes or Benitez. OK, so I'm in cloud-cuckoo land with Benitez, but provided they give the new bloke a greater say in transfer dealings then they've got a chance with the other two. Personally I'd take Rodgers over Moyes as I like his style of football and think he would be a good fit for us, but I've always been a fan of Moyes too and if you're going to give someone a longer period to get it right he could be just the bloke.

For someone as stingy as Ashley, I still can't believe that he can't see this.